Season 25 Asia Server Unmanaged

Except we didn’t have the season 24 end problems on EU or NA. This is an internal problem to the Asia realm only, and I doubt they’d have their stuff together even if they had an extra week. Asia has had problems for months now.

1 Like

The Season 25 start for players in the Asia region has been encountering issues. Issues we’re aware of are related to season 24 content such as paragon levels and Ethereal weapons breaching into the season.

We apologize for the inconvenience and our team is investigating at a swift pace with a target to resolve these issues as soon as possible.

8 Likes

I have a bug. I can’t play on the NA server and get all the cool stuff they have from these bugs.

tldr; asia has been buggy for ages, sometimes save char data gets out of sync with the state of the on/off season.

I started this season on asia with 91 paragon and 2mil gold. I also guessed it would happen.
last season I decided to try and complete the season journey in all the regions (Im in NZ so my ping is poor to all of them anyway). I noticed that asia servers always showed me the same Challenge Rift week after week. People suggested logging in and out until you would see the correct CR, this didnt work but what I did notice was that sometimes when I would login I would have 0 paragon (instead of the 800ish I had). I had everything I was wearing and anything in the inventory but the stash was empty. I would switch between classes and log in and out, they would all be 0 paragon. So I played a few rifts, logged in and out and my 800 paragon was back, anything I had from those few rifts was gone. This happened a lot over the end of the season and non season. Every now and then Id get the wierd low paragon back, it eventually built up to 91 paragon and a few mil in gold.
It was like how your stuff is handled after season end, you have stuff you are wearing but not in your stash (that you have to claim via mail). This felt was like I was sometimes logging into a user profile server that wasnt in sync with the rest of the region, it didnt know what para I had or what my stash was. There were other issues on asia too, most of the time you couldnt load the ‘shop’ to get pets equipped etc, or the game would give random errors when launching.
At the start of this week the asia Challenge Rift finally changed, ping improved and a lot of errors went away. However once the season started, the seasonal monk I created had 91 paragon and I knew the issue was back. Given that previously sometimes I would eventually revert to the correct paragon I didnt want to see that happen during the hard work of season start, so I just kept logging in and out of D3 and remaking a new monk in the hope of seeing 0 paragon, but it was always 91 para. So I caved and played the season, but I didnt do the CR as that had never worked for me, or it had never given me the reward. Dumping the para I had in movement speed and resource reduction helped, the 2 mil gold got town leveled up and some crafting done. I got lucky in finding crudest boots and leroics helm on the way so it didnt take too long to get to 70. I got 2 shards from kulle, 1 from a random chest, and 1 from an elite, so the rubies helped too, though the drop rate is far less than some youtubers would have you believe.
After I hit 70 I gave the CR a shot and for the first time on asia it actually worked and I received the reward.

I’m going to guess everyone else is similar, If you had a previous season or off season that was loaded in this weird way, when you made a new character this season it just continued the same thing of thinking you were already underway with whatever paragon and gear it thought you had, especially if you rebirthed.

Anyway, I’m confident, the issue is in asia only as Ive never experienced it on US or europe. Im also confident the blizzard team will eventually resolve it, but it will be interesting to see if they restart the asia season or not, right now, nobody is competing on even ground.

Sharing that the team is still investigating and digging into the Asia region issues. At the moment we don’t have a timeline to share, but wanted to keep folks in the know the we’re working on it. As soon as I get more information, ill be quick to provide updates to you all.

Thanks for your patience on this.

4 Likes

Hi all - I want to start by saying thank you all so much for helping point out these issues. There are a a few threads floating around related to this issue and with your patience and time permitted to investigate we wanted to share that we will be moving forward with a region specific season reset/restart for players in Asia.

Please check out the thread linked below and thank you all again.

2 Likes

You really should be doing 100% xp bonus. That 20% is a joke.

6 Likes

Also they should reset the weekly challenge…those of us who did it for mats for season are now screwed too.

If this was WoW, I’d expect a free month of play for a mistake this big. I think you need to do more for players who went all in the first day.

7 Likes

Season reset without resetting challenge rift reward, this is unfair for us who has spent time this morning. and 20% experience wont help a single shyt at all…

14 Likes

I couldn’t agree more with both posters above, please bump up the experience gains to 100percent for the next 24 hours and please reset the Asia Challenge rift so we can redo it.

Thanks!

5 Likes

I really don’t care about experience bonus. The challenge reward is all it mattered! TBH I really can’t see myself go through the game without them…

8 Likes

agree, 20% exp boost isn’t that matter i would rather they reset CR nicely without any boost.

5 Likes

There’s a new challenge rift in three days. Hardly a massive imposition.

Hey, I heard Blizz is going to give everyone a whole month of D3 with no further charges to their account. GG, human… They heard you!

1 Like

I believe a reasonable middle ground would be to allow 100% XP up to level 70 and then 20% XP for 24 hours from Season reset time.

The Asia CR definitely needs to be reset for us too!

4 Likes

our reasonable is their unreasonable, and same vice versa :frowning:
and now community managers are all hiding and ignoring the voices

3 Likes

It’s no big deal, but I doubt I have ever seen such a fast season transfer to non-season (before the season is finished?)and that said, the new challenge rift which is in line with the other regions for the first time, is showing as completed. Having done the Demon Hunter as the challenge rift pre-reboot/fix, to get a kickstart like most seasons it means that not only is the challenge rift done, it is obviously not going to appear in many people’s inventory, if at all.

To reiterate, it is no big deal, this is how the game first started in seasons but there is still obviously a bug in the Asia regions challenge rifts, even though you successfully managed to get it in parallel with Europe and Americas.
It’s like moving the prior season character on season journey (now deleted), also did not take the challenge rift data with it and has registered that it is completed.
Good job so far, If it does not carry over into next Tuesday’s challenge rifts, it would seem that it is finally fixed after so long. Thanks.

1 Like

Season 25 Asia Server has been reset, but Challenge Rift rewards have not been reset

6 Likes

Blizzard still doing their best to make all the players look like fools :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face:

3 Likes

I see you’re new to the forums. The forum was a lot busier with blues but they had a server reset a few weeks ago and someone forgot to set /players 8 again. Hopefully they’ll do that this week.

The 20% xp bonus is just a joke, or a perfect way to show that the devs do not play the game at all.

The most important thing is CR reset.

6 Likes