Diablo 3 PTR 2.7.2 - Has ended

Diablo 3 PTR 2.7.2 - Has ended

Our two-week PTR testing period for the 2.7.2 update begins on November 4, and we're asking for your help to quell the tides of surging demons.

View Full Article

31 Likes

You guys rock, thank you so much.

8 Likes

Yay!

20 characters…

1 Like

Is that fast or slow? Can’t decide.

Hah… Socketables, I guessed it right. Forums were livid with gem suggestions, and they went ahead and did it.

5 Likes

You still love us, thank you. :kiss:

6 Likes

Thank you Blizzard!!

4 Likes

Remember that there’s no set time for the PTR being opened to players but it usually happens mid to late afternoon in the Pacific time-zone (which is where Blizzard, and the PTR servers, are located). That means it’s usually late evening in Europe before we get access, and Friday morning for Asia / Australia.

3 Likes

New Season Theme: Season 25 introduces a new type of socketable item called Soul Shards. Nephalem can find 7 unique Soul Shards, based on the Lords of Hell, which give players demonic new powers. One of 3 Prime Evil Soul Shards can be equipped into Helms and one of 4 Lesser Evil Soul Shards can be equipped into Weapons. Each Soul Shard can be upgraded three times using a new seasonal-exclusive consumable, the Hellforge Ember.

Soul Shards and Hellforge Embers can drop from anywhere in Sanctuary, but Soul Shards have a higher chance to drop from Bosses. Soul Shards cannot be traded, but can be salvaged or utilized in Caldesann’s Despair. You may only equip one Prime Evil Soul Shard and one Lesser Evil Soul Shard at a time. Lastly, Soul Shards and Hellforge Embers only drop in Seasonal play, and will not transfer to your non-seasonal character when the season ends.

WILL THESE WORK ON SEASON FOLLOWERS? :point_left:

4 Likes

Hmmm
Arachyr buff, nice
Lakumba buff, hell yes!
Marauders buff, looks good
Shadow buff, sounds alright
HOTA buff, nice
Rathma buff, nice
Firebirds nerf, much needed (but maybe too much off the top?)

Seasonal theme, I’m intrigued about these infinity stones and their powers :joy:

4 Likes

So, they announced soul shards of the three prime evils and the four lesser evils, said they can be upgraded, which slots they go into… but unless I missed it, did they say what each of the shards actually do?

6 Likes

I expected a Firebird nerf, but I expected at least 2 more nerfs to different builds as well. Guess everything has a time and we will see such nerfs moving towards to next season.

2 Likes

No rework of Barbarian sets? Had hopes for this :confused:

2 Likes

Good to finally hear something (although, it’d been great if it was more balance changes for other classes). Firebird nerf was expect, and I’m glad to see some buffs to WDs and DHs (can’t say how good they are as I don’t play the classes).

As for the seasonal theme, I wonder what these soulshards do; although it’d been great if we actually had the prime evils and lesser evils show up randomly, in which we’d have to fight them in order to gather the soulshards; and/or we gather materials in order to craft a hell portal that takes us to them.

Assuming they’re not class specific, they should, but we’ll have to wait and see.

1 Like

We need a lot more information how about a photo and a description? I wish we could keep them.

• I like that the team is coming up with some good ideas.
5 Likes

Devs,

Any chance you can make it so that the barbarian stops spitting hockers?

Please and thank you.

:man_cartwheeling:

2 Likes

Please, not to drop only in bosses, but in the act of the boss!!!
We don’t deserve boss grinding right now, but if we can drop making bounties would be perfect!

I am disappointed there is no Torment 32, followers can use legendary gems change and Uber Malthael in this PTR.

Hope that the 7 soul shards will offer an interesting mechanic, buff, and gameplay to our character.

“Soul Shards and Hellforge Embers can drop from anywhere in Sanctuary.” :point_left:

2 Likes

Interesting…

Shadow got a buff. The buff appears to mean that Overpenetration is the rune intended for the set.

It also seems to mean that a somewhat more ranged attack style might be viable.

I haven’t played Shadow in AGES! Definitely going to be doing some testing in this PTR!

Thanks, Devs!

6 Likes

“Soul Shards have a higher chance to drop from Bosses.”
The same drop rate would be better.