Diablo II: Resurrected Console Lobbies, TCP/IP, & UW Updates

Hoping to provide some constructive support as I beat both the game on PC and console.

This whole gate keeping lobbies between quest/achievements is too much.

Look at what administrative work you’re doing to just police lobbies!

You’re setting unnatural triggers within the game to give and remove players access to lobbies. Why?

Game Name / Password and you don’t need to do any of that stuff! You’re wasting company time and money on this and it doesn’t help the community at all.

It’s also very confusing for new players coming to console.

People don’t mind using the onscreen keyboard interface to enter in content. On another note, why are the capabilities between having KB/M on console ( especially Xbox ) not present? How is it easier to develop controller support for the game rather than Keyboard and Mouse?

As for TCP/IP , I totally agree with the removal as it has become redundant and always proved to be a nuisance back in the day.

If you can make mod support work within the limitations, I’m all for it. Even if you’re not, I’m sure the bright minds out there will find a way. They always do.

Please keep the community alive and bolstering for this game. That should be the objective. To get as many customers to share their experiences with their many friends and purchase copies of the game to walk them through the wonderful horrible journey of Diablo 2 and lategame content.

Please bring Optional Crossplay Lobbies.
Please bring FULL PC Multiplayer Lobby functionality to consoles.

You’ve made too much work for yourselves, focus on what is already put in place for you, don’t try to reinvent the wheel when it comes to this.

I feel that this project has strayed too far from the original path. If you’re going to offer a hampered down version of the game, sell it for less.

If you’re going to still go ahead with this gatekeeping multiplayer lobbying system, add custom lobby support on the side.

Also who the hell wants to voice chat while playing Diablo? When has this ever been a feature?

Great work on the graphics, lighting and gameplay so far! Thank you so much for doing this!

The criticism is for passion. I know this account doesn’t have a lot of activity, but I needed to get this out there as an attempt.

17 Likes

Agree, feel like they never played D2.

3 Likes

I kind of feel better now. What a roller coaster ride this has been.

:exploding_head:

2 Likes

In game voice chat is just more practical on console than text chat. Although I think both should exist.

1 Like

Thank you for your hard work. We, who are about to quest east, salute you.

1 Like

SP is 1 SOJ.

Bnet is the same range as prior which was around ~75~120

EDIT: I should note that these values are not approximate and can change in the future.

16 Likes

I think we are glad that another one who needed an advantage because Vanilla PVP was too hard is no longer amongst us.

Just sayin :wink: (written from my ultra-wide monitor that I don’t need to use as an advantage in a 20 year old game).

And I think this right here is what was causing a lot of issues in the beta for people able to join a game or not and made it feel impossible to group up with people during it. The lobby shouldn’t be converted to a free roam lobby, it needs to convert to the next quest and be searchable that way. And I know that multiple quests can trigger during a game, so give the lobby host the ability to set an active quest.

That way when people are searching for a certain quest, they can still join that lobby if there’s open player slots. A big problem during the beta on console, was that games felt dead once players started leaving and now it makes more sense since people were probably searching more for a certain quest than free roam. I know I at least was searching for games that way and not using the free roam option, maybe I’m in the minority on that one.

Even if we can’t have the ability to create a named lobby/password protected lobby, we should still have a list of available games. It can show the hosts PSN tag/gamertag, difficulty, x/8 players and maybe the active quest that the lobby is working on. The current console lobby system just feels broken, I guess we’ll see how these things will improve the experience at launch and go from there. Especially now that I know that lobbies automatically switch to free roam for whatever reason after the initial quest is completed.

At the very least, can we at least have the option to customize the chat wheel? Even if it’s just a few spots on there that can be customized. There are certain times for me where voice chatting isn’t going to quite cut it and the text chat, at least on Xbox and for me, is still clunky when going through the system.

5 Likes

ty for the info keep up the good work pez

That’s GREAT! Keeping it as a community based event is what D2 is all about.

3 Likes

Globally, region locked, or something else? Is everyone that is playing at the time Dclone pops guaranteed to get him? Or is it a certain number of people drawn randomly from a lotto? If it is a lotto system, does selling a SoJ increase your chance of being selected? I crave details. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

With loss of tcp ip, would it be possible for devs to utilize some sort of instanced connection to bnet for sp characters to invite into game from friends list. No lobbies needed like current open bnet, just a simple way for sp friends to play together.

8 Likes

Please at least turn off rendering for the vignette zone on 21:9, all those pixels were still getting rendered under it in beta which is a waste of GPU power.

7 Likes

This is pretty sad and bad news. For many players that have enjoyed Diablo 2 for years and were hoping to get a proper face lift to their beloved games, getting a gorgeous yet feature lacking version is pretty bad. This has some WC3 Reforged bad vibe to it.

“some form of Modding” basically means no mods. Things like Pluggy, Median XL, PD2, that’s out of the picture now. Which is basically what 90% of the D2 players are actually relying on to keep them entertained. This decision (even if it truly is for security reason) is effectively putting a expiration date on D2R.

And for “security flaw”. I really hope this gigantic sacrifice to the versatility of the game is going to be effective, you’ve failed to protect D2 from Bots and hacks for 20 years now. I better not see any bots in D2R or your decision to remove features will leave an even worse taste in every players’ mouth.

At least make it so that we have unlimited Shared Stash space in SP so we can at least feel like we have pluggy.

12 Likes

BattleNet IS the easy way for friends to play together. It requires no configuration. You can mostly solo on BattleNet and then group up when you want to play in groups.

1 Like

I plan on playing bnet myself. However, sp players are losing something. I was asking for a compromise. If you don’t have constructive feedback, no need to reply.

2 Likes

Thank you for the response! This is still a bit unclear though. Is it based on server IP addresses on the new Bnet? Or is it based on region (like global SOJ sales in Americas vs APAC servers)?

Also this event was originally meant to clean up the astronomical amount of duped SOJs in legacy D2. If dupe methods are indeed all fixed, this seems like a very, very steep requirement to spawn Uber Diablo on multiplayer. It will make Annihilus the rarest item in the game by far. Shouldn’t an alternative for this event be considered?

13 Likes

Now this is constructive and something I can get behind. I hadn’t asked yet myself, as I figure we will get an info dump prior to launch. However, this does seem to me, to invite more of an incentive to bot, rmt, and find duping methods. Also to boot, anyone new to D2 might not get the point.

1 Like

Well, unless Blizzard/VV has secretly thrown down the gauntlet and devised a foolproof system that is not able to be breached. Everything is impossible until someone does it, and that works both ways.