>4,000 respondent D2R reddit 25 question results are out

truth hurts, sometimes you gotta deal with it.

3 Likes

Ignorance is bliss

Take care

2 Likes

no but irony isā€¦
because you totaly care of our opinion on not changing anything, and totaly not think ONLY about your self, so youl have more time to play the game, and it gonna be casual enough for you, because screw the rest, right.

2 Likes

If everyone got what they wanted in D2R, no one would be pleased.

3 Likes

Absolutely not and you have no idea what I want.
However itā€™s clear that it your way or the highway while Iā€™ve stated that everyone should be heard.

You literally started this discussion calling %50 of people stupid
Then when you donā€™t have an actual argument besides too bad of you canā€™t play as long as me you think Iā€™m saying it has to be one way or the other.

All Iā€™ve done is point out that change isnā€™t necessarily bad
All youā€™ve done is call people stupid and not even consider that changes may not be so bad.

In fact Diablo has changed a multitude of timesā€¦
You still played?

5 Likes

and what happened every patch? tell me please.

if your saying your playing this game for so long, iv been in most patches and seen.

what happened in 1.10??? thats literally what people ask now, the same type of changes.

1 Like

And would literally be impossible to do

Not much to talk about for that now

You want me to copy and paste the patch changes?

Lol

Iā€™ve been around since D1 I donā€™t care if you take my word or not for it.

2 Likes

They should be sending this survey to people who have original keys tied to their accounts.

4 Likes

just proves my fact, you know nothing.
when 1.10 came out, like 50% of the population quit the game.

anyways good luck, il be just as happy if the game gets all these changes, because 2 weeks after it gonna die and il come to tell everyone ā€œtold youā€ lots of joy.

1 Like

I did see his history and immediately thought the same as you.

It was advertised at Blizzconline 2021 that Diablo 2 Ressurected is going to be a 1:1 remaster with the shared stash and auto pickup gold option.

Thatā€™s what I pre-ordered. Letā€™s not make the same mistake twice on a remaster, Blizzard.

Please, do it right this time.

10 Likes

Actually a lot of people stopped playing when white rings and gloves ext got leaked in.

Then a lot of people stopped playing again when you had the dream stack bug

Thereā€™s a lot of times people got pissed and stopped for awhile

2 Likes

Interesting hmm I wonder whatā€™s going to happen.

Iā€™m happy either way.

1 Like

Here we go again with the change vs donā€™t change polish boxing contest. :roll_eyes:

I prefer mma there should be an option to allow us to choose which fighting format used when symbolically having a ā€œfightā€ over discussion.

Iā€™m expecting a survey for this later today

2 Likes

Any questionnaire not conducted by Blizzard or some reputable Games Website is pretty meaningless.

Such surveys have several issues:

• No way to verify if the results have been tampered with or not

• No way to verify if one demographic was favoured over another or not

• No way to verify if the survey operator is or isnt a D2 Modder and thus has several hundred people complete the survey which exclusively play his/her MOD instead of original D2, which skews the result immensely

• No way to verify if people actually played D2 or just clicked ā€œyesā€ when asked

• No way to verify, among those that did in fact play official D2/LOD, if they played 1 hour over 21 years or thousands of hours over 21 years, which is a gigantic difference in how their opinion should be weighted

Such surveys, even official ones by Blizzard are not an accurate representation of how D2 fans want D2R to be. An overwhelming majority of people surveyed about D2R have nothing to do with D2, which the survey distribution in the past 24 hours shows. It would be really lame if they just used MrLamaSCā€™s ā€œblessingā€ in the Blizzconline video as a Marketing trick to get D2 fans to pre-purchase D2R, and then turn the game upside down before launch or even after launch.

In any case, the devs are in a tough spot I think.

Make a true Remaster, make a couple QoL improvements, remaster graphics, sound etc, and please D2 fans. Get good Reviews on Metacritic etc. Accept that non-D2 players might be unhappy.

OR

Make a Diablo 2.5, please non-D2 players, appeal to the broad masses of casuals that will move on after 4 weeks, but make a lot of money. Get average or bad reviews on metacritic etc. Get Bad publicity like WC3Reforged did, and then hand out refunds to those that believed the words said by the devs during Blizzconline.

Tough spot for Blizzard.

Maybe its a question of ā€œCompany Characterā€ and the truth is the Blizzard today is not the same Blizzard that brought us Starcraft 1, Diablo 1 and 2, Wacraft 1-3 etc.

7 Likes

After i have seen the results im not even wonder why i have seen so many ā€œgive me free plsā€ games. xD If 20 year wasnt enough for these casual snowflakes to learn d2 then there is no change what can help them.

1 Like

You can see ā€œgive me free plsā€ games?

All I see is ā€œd2enchant1-17ā€ games or ā€œxpbaal-86ā€

Not like ā€œgive free lootā€ games are new to diablo

1 Like

All surveys like this have sampling bias and self-reporting issues. In terms of whether the results were faked/changed by the surveyor, I prefer to give the benefit of thinking that the the results were reported honestly. You can ignore the data if you question it.

Yes

This is a false dichotomy.

I will say this. Among respondents if reported accurately, there are several changes that the majority favors and for each the overall extent for/against are variable. In general, I would think that the D2 purists represent <10% of respondents. There are times where listening to the 10% is best. There are times when it is not.

Surveys are inherently difficult to design without bias. If I did not want optional loot or skill/item rebalancing, I would be very nervous about Blizzardā€™s question if this option should be included at launch.

4 Likes

Hereā€™s a messy copy/paste if you donā€™t want to look at the PDF:

1. Should the stash space be increased? (original size = 8 x 6 squares)

Yes, multiple 10 x 10 square stash tabs (53%)

Yes, unlimited stash space (like in PlugY) (28%)

Yes, one 10 x 10 squares stash (10%)

No (6%)

I am not sure (3%)

1. Should there be a seperate inventory space for charms?

Yes, but charms should only work in that charm inventory (58%)

No (30%)

Yes, charms should work in the charm + normal inventory (7%)

I am not sure (5%)

1. Should the inventory space be increased?

Yes, but only in combination with a separate charm inventory where charms only work in that charm inventory (44%)

No (32%)

Yes (20%)

I am not sure (4%)

1. Should runes and gems be stackable (e.g. up to 10 per stack)?

Yes (78%)

No (16%)

I am not sure (6%)

1. Should quivers have unlimited ammo?

Yes (50%)

No (38%)

I am not sure (12%)

1. Should there be some minor spell balancing to make useless / bad spells more viable?

Yes (70%)

No (19%)

I am not sure (11%)

1. Should there be some minor mercenary balancing to make useless / bad mercenarys more viable?

Yes (72%)

No (19%)

I am not sure (9%)

1. Should there be some minor item and runeword balancing to make useless / bad items and runewords more viable?

Yes (64%)

No (25%)

I am not sure (11%)

1. Should the 6-months ladder season cycle be changed?

Yes, make it shorter (e.g. 3 months) (34%)

No (31%)

I am not sure (28%)

Yes, make it longer (e.g. 9 months) (7%)

1. Should the Non-Ladder runeword / drop restrictions be removed?

Yes (54%)

No (24%)

I am not sure (22%)

1. Should the /players X command (to increase XP / drops) also be available on Battlenet?

Yes (44%)

No (38%)

I am not sure (18%)

1. Should there be an optional, modernized spell hotkey system?

Yes (62%)

No (26%)

I am not sure (12%)

1. Should there be an ingame runeword / horadric cube encyclopedia?

Yes (71%)

No (20%)

I am not sure (9%)

1. Should there be an optional loot-filter to make certain item-drops (e.g. runes) more / easier visible?

Yes (70%)

No (23%)

I am not sure (7%)

1. Should there be a Kill-Tracker where you see how often you killed Boss X and get stats of the drops?

Yes (52%)

No (30%)

I am not sure (18%)

1. Should there be an option to toggle showing ground loot (so you donā€™t have to keep ALT pressed every time you want to see the loot)?

Yes (76%)

No (17%)

I am not sure (7%)

1. Should there be an optional additional tooltip on items, that shows the possible min-max rolls of the stats? E.g. Nagelring: +21% magic find (15-30% magic find)

Yes (77%)

No (16%)

I am not sure (7%)

1. Should they add at some point more endgame content like the Pandemonium Event?

Yes (69%)

I am not sure (17%)

No (14%)

1. Should they add at some point new items, runewords or horadric cube recipes?

Yes (58%)

No (23%)

I am not sure (19%)

1. Should there be an optional personal loot option in multiplayer? (everybody gets his own loot, other people can not ā€œstealā€ it)

No (39%)

Yes (36%)

Yes, but only if there is a tradeoff (e.g. less drops or -100% MF if active) (13%)

I am not sure (12%)

1. Should there be an additional / easier way to respec? (e.g. one free respec every ladder reset)

No (44%)

Yes (43%)

I am not sure (13%)

1. Should you be able to open the cow level after killing the cow-king?

Muh (Yes) (82%)

No (10%)

I am not sure (8%)

1. Should the Nihlathak portal stay open after completing the quest and getting the waypoint?

Yes (65%)

I am not sure (22%)

No (13%)

1. Are there any other changes you would like to see that were not mentioned in this survey?
  • thereā€™s a link to another PDF in that PDF to peopleā€™s unfiltered suggestions. Itā€™s 86 pages long.
3 Likes