4 missile dampening elites in one rift! Not kidding. Video

Fun content. Pulled this straight from my live stream. Priceless reaction.

5 Likes

Sometimes I think that some of the stuff that happens in this game is not exactly random. Or at least, perhaps we don’t exactly understand the scale or the term of the randomness that the game is generating.

For instance: maybe, when you open a rift, the game essentially generates a “sub-table” of characteristics (maps layouts, mob types, elite types, affixes, etc) that are randomly selected from the entire “uber-table” of different possibilities, and this sub-table is then used whenever further random generation is needed. Or maybe there are multiple layers of sub-tables- one set of values picked when you launch the game from the character select screen, and another sub-set picked from that group when you enter a rift. Maybe there’s a time component, too.

I mean, maybe it’s just selection bias, but it sure seems to me that in many rifts, you do tend to see the same affixes repeated among different elites more often than you’d think.

I can’t find it anymore, but I remember an article which I think was specifically about gambling stuff from Kadala. And this would have been pretty soon after RoS came out, 2014 or 2015 probably. And at the time, the loot showing up from Kadala pretty clearly seemed to be coming off a sub-table of just this sort. Like, if you were gambling bows, you might eventually get 8 Windforces, 7 Cluckeyes, and 8 Etrayus, while getting 0 Kridershots or Raven’s Wings. Then after remaking the game, it would be all Kridershots and Etrayus, or something like that.

Obviously, that got altered at some point. But I still feel like gambling blood shards uses some sorts of tables, maybe it’s just that they reset very frequently and are cut up differently.

3 Likes

DiE I feel so bad that you couldn’t get that last patch…talk about a gg rift in the “old days”!!!

RNG sucks. I’m waiting for it to be nice to me in a season.

2 Likes