3rd Party Leaderboards

It feels like the THUD issue is really compounded this season with the buff. They can get info a lot easier with THUD about buff timings - making it a very difficult argument to NOT use THUD.

I’ve had my account since before D3 even launched and just can’t take that risk and thus can’t really compete which is frustrating.

Another thing I don’t really understand is why addons are bannable in Diablo but not WOW? Whats the difference? Regardless I plan to adhere to the TOS.

Addons are directly supported as part of the game in WoW. You can still very much get banned if you try to use addons that go beyond what is supported.
And Blizzard have limited what was possible a few times, when addon makers got too creative, and did stuff that became too much like cheating.

Afaik THUD does things that would likely get you banned in WoW too. I dont really know exactly what THUD does, but supposedly it has build in map-hack. Which is obvious cheating in a game where the map layout matters. That is similar to Blizzard getting rid of addons that showed upcoming monster attacks in “3D” in WoW.

Some of the pure interface/info stuff in THUD, Blizzard should just have added those as optional settings.

I happen to currently be the Rank1 Barb in the US and have never and will never cheat. No thud, no bot.
Our entire clan is 100% legit.
If you see TnA on the boards, then you know that was a legit clear.
Skill cannot be downloaded.

5 Likes

Keep pushin the barb :love_you_gesture::love_you_gesture::beers::beers:

I’m good for a while Grim, Rank 1 felt amazing and deserved.

give 2 weeks you wont be rank 1 anymore xD

1 Like

Well. Someone is unusually salty. I know who’s crying though.

Let them falsify numbers and complain, their perspective is old an outdated now that Blizz is actively taking action against cheating.
These are exciting times seeing legit players on the leaderboards that deserve it. :metal:

Some would say midseason Banwaves are midseason bonuses…

1 Like

They tried. They couldn’t get monsters to display on the map. It was going to be a legendary power, but (supposedly AAA) studio couldn’t make it work for some reason.

So someone else did it in their free time.

facepalm yourself with video below?

Top rank players: I never use bot.

meh meh :roll_eyes:

I can only imagine the smile on any WW/Rend Barb’s face at seeing Festering Woods as map 2, with multiple elites right there next to a conduit pylon. Regardless of anything else, there’s some really nice spearwork in this clear and I especially enjoyed around 9 min 30, getting those elites into the snowball.

3 Likes

The seasonal buff can be fun, and the barb is a great class to utilize it.
Unfortunately that run had many mistakes, but there is always a learning curve alongside RNG which is what makes this game challenging and fun.

I can see the ruckus about bots, but I still don’t get why people get mad over an addon that people use for years. WoW has addons, so does D3, it shouldn’t be a big deal.
Official word declared that they’re against the third party addons in D3 but there are no harsh penalties against it yet. So we ought to sit and wait. However, oddly enough WoW still have addons and Blizzard help the developers of those by feedback. I find this kind of amusing.

Macros offered in the addon ain’t any different than your usual standard gaming keyboard or mouse. Hidden information you worry about is a removed feature by feedback of Blizzard. Design choices of developers turned this game a mess at meta level with way too many information to read at screen at once.
As long as it’s not a full automation, I see no reason to start a war against people using a simple addon. If you need to ask questions, perhaps you may wanna turn your head to the developers and ask why they created such a mess that people see a third party addon as a QoL addition?

Wow wasnt expecting such a defensive response with harsh words thrown at me. Your the one that posted it here so you can see why I assumed it was you. Sorry if you felt attacked, wasnt meant that way. It’s not like I’m saying its definitely you, it was more of a curiosity/assumption, geez… I dont read every and all topics on the forums, not especially all of yours, your just another forum member to me what makes you any special?

Could’ve just said “No, I took the video from this thread:”. Your way of retaliation wasnt necessary.

1 Like

Players can not remove posts, threads, or get someone suspended/banned.

Only Blizzard staff can do that if they determine the post broke the forum rules.

Reminder the following are against the forum rules:

-calling out other posters by name to accuse them of things
-discussing specific account actions
-trolling (picking fights)

People can, and should, report posts that break the Code of Conduct.

Does enough people reporting a post auto-ban? Some blizzard IPs do this. I believe in-game WoW does.

No. Not in any game.

There is a SQUELCH that has been around forever that squelches an account that gets a ton of reports and pops it to the top of the review queue. That was put in place for gold spammers and such.

The Silence system started in 2016 and requires a GM to actually press the button to apply it. More reports of course, push things up the review queue.

With the forums, reports can, at most, grey out a post but you can still click it. Only the actual mods can remove anything or suspend posters.

Two different systems, although similar.

What we want is for us all to enjoy a fun, clean and fair game together, nothing more.

Except the TnA clears that aren’t legit. You even confirmed in your discord that there are some dirty TnA clears.

3 Likes