Challenge Rift Item Bug - Issue Resolved

Since Challenge Rift 215, a recent issue has been causing Ethereal items to not appear for console players. To solve this, we have updated the builds so that the Challenge Rifts are capable of completion. Challenge Rift 216 recently encountered this issue and a fix has been applied to update the CR build.

Moving forward and for the long-term, we will be applying a fix to ensure that players won’t encounter this issue. In the event where Challenge Rift 217 encounters this issue, we will apply an item-update fix and will follow up with this thread to keep everyone up to date.

We appreciate your patience and we’re thankful for your quick feedback.

5 Likes

Challenge rift with witch doctor tonight has no ethereal, missing gems, and only one cube item on. tried with 10 groups and solo. can’t be completed.

2 Likes

Is there an ETA on a fix for PC? As McFlyDJ said, no gems, no ethereal, and 1 cubed item.

Unfortunately, the NA challenge rift was neutered. I can understand the issue with the missing ethereals, but two of the cube slots are empty, and the weapon you gave has no synergies with the set or skills.

It seems like the solution to the ethereal problem was to throw in a random weapon instead of something that would synergize with the set/skills.

4 Likes

The rift as it is CAN be completed.
It’s horrible, but it’s not hard.

Keep Hex up, especially on elites (use Numlock if you can).

Don’t use Haunt ever.

Hope this helps.

u need to remember the elite location it will help, but the problem is rg , i cant tank it need a smart way to fight it

Yes I finally saw a professional gamer do this rift and even he said to just skip it as it was difficult to do. While I think challenge rifts should be somewhat challenging I understood the premise is the challenge was to it under the time frame that was set by a player. And also to make you think outside the box on builds. This is just frustrating and I have played Witch Doctor a decent amount of time and this is just horrible, especially after seeing how easy it was to do before the “FIX”.