2nd Sorc w/ Duriel Quest found Single Player Problems

My earlier post was about how disappointing it was on initial Sorc lvl 21 Durel Quest on this Alpha.

I realize now after playing 2 different Sorc to act2 finish what the problem is mainly.
https://i.imgur.com/NK63guh.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/WNUeKaL.jpg
I haven’t played Single Player for 20 years is my guess.

I play Ladder every season.

• Boss kills and boss quests have much lower # of monsters on Single Player.

• Blood Raven is a difficult time consuming quest at lvl 2 or 3 in early ladder game.
    It was easy and fast on this SP Alpha.

• Anderial was too easy with small number of monster in the catacombs before reaching her.

• Ammy quest lvl2 room on Ladder is filled with snakes and death everywhere.
    Alpha had maybe 5 snakes on one side of chest at most.

• If you did not get an Alpha invite there is no way for you to understand these points.

One must play the game to get the feel there are too less monsters.

The overlay map needs alot of work in brightening up:

• Waypoints

• Doors to next level

• Images for specific tomb for Duriel quest.
    very difficult to see

There are many issues this SP Alpha is being so different from Ladder play.
Only reason I can imagine this Alpha was SP, was because they have many miles to go before they sleep on this one.

I’m sure there will be many wonderful surprises on finished D2R with Ladder Season for classic and LoD.

Bring it on!

1 Like

Greeting , to answer your message:

1. this forum is only for people that received the alpha invite , so i don’t really understand the necessity of your “if you did not get an alpha invite…” part since it’s a given.

2. it’s normal for you to find the ladder different difficulty wise , because it is , even in the original game , ladder mode always had stronger monsters (and better drop rates) than non ladder and single player, that’s why i mostly played with /players 8 , because otherwise single player mode is indeed way too easy compared to regular ladder. always has been.

1 Like

In my original post I was flamed and called a Troll for my opinion.
It was before this Technical Alpha forum was open.

And I figured out 90% of the posts to my thread that I was disappointing with the Alpha, did not have the invite.

All they would write is, “The graphics are so beautiful, you should crawl back under the rock you live in”

Since I don’t play Single Player and Non Season, that my only real experience is Ladder.

I assumed that SP would at least have the same number of monsters and drops that Ladder does.

Boy was I wrong and it is a game changer.
Single Player really is a let down.

2 Likes

After half an hour, I realized I needed to just run through the map maze to collect together a large spawn of monsters, leaving a town portal open for safety. Otherwise felt way too slow grind.

1 Like

If you weren’t aware, in single player, you can type /players # (1 - 8) to simulate multiplayer. I did an average of 4 while playing myself in this test. It does add more mobs to kill and ups the difficulty. Even some veteran players never played single player and didn’t know of this. I did notice myself there wasn’t as much to kill near Andy at default, but using a “higher player number” with the chat command it seemed to add a ton of stuff to kill in the tombs in act 2 and a bit more at Andy.

All veterans of the game know that.

It’s a good way to get more xp.

One of the main problems with SP is it comes with a maphack: :stuck_out_tongue:

Play a map once and forever when you come back you know where every thing is.