28 Changes In D2: Resurrected [+More Post-Launch]

You’re intentionally being overly vague with what either of those do to the actual gameplay. the Ultrawide monitor change ACTUALLY effects the gameplay in a noticeable way with the monster AI as well as against other players. Having slightly faster FPS in a game like Diablo isn’t going to change anything for anyone.

3 Likes

Im intentionally be overtly vague because that’s what happens in a lot of lawsuits.

Ok just some small questions about advantages.

Does a computer which meets the minimum req allow you to achieve the exact same level of play as a computer that has all of the top end components?

Can FPS actually affect your ability to obtain loot quicker when it drops?

Does a high end mouse allow you to be better with pinpoint accuracy then a lower one.

Does a higher frequency/sensitivity keyboard allow you to function quicker or better.

Does having one internet provider over another or living in one area over another affect gameplay/your ability to function the same.

You might think it’s a joke but on the grand scale of things these may allow you to function at a higher level in the game.

Uw monitors give you access to a larger area
Larger monitors period allow you to see what’s on the screen better then monitors that are smaller is size (scales)

Honest answers

Also again this is an interesting conversation to me only…I don’t have an UW and I don’t care.

Thanks for the update. Great work.

3 Likes

Thanks, i try. I’m still actively updating the thread as im finding things out or when news drop.

Supposedly they are dropping a write-up soon on all the Beta stuff and hopefully will talk about what bugs they did and didn’t fix and if they’ll reverse some others like WSG. Maybe tomorrow!? Since they love Tuesdays. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Yes and some devs add skill queuing etc to help there.

As mentioned, some games cap FPS.

Not to any significant degree no. But some games certainly make sure that such speed differences can’t matter. Like, not having FFA loot for example.

Just as with UW monitors developers can go in and limit these effects on their game, if it represents an unreasonably big effect on gameplay.

You are not going to win any civil cases about that.

2 Likes

UPDATES:

1. Uber Diablo spawned with 1 SOJ in Single Player, Bnet is still the same at ~75-120.
  2. No console lobbies, just more game selection choices. (Tomb runs, baal runs, ect)
  3. Ultrawide still capped at 19:9.
    -Source: Diablo II: Resurrected Console Lobbies, TCP/IP, & UW Updates
2 Likes

I might edit #23. TCP/IP would appear never to be coming back.

2 Likes

Not officially at least.
Although with Blizzard nothing is ever guaranteed. They might change their tune.

1 Like

^trying to keep the hope alive Micro! For the few people who think it destroyed the game! lol.

I guess this means Duping is just expected by blizzard in D2R? lol :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Trap bug was fixed as confirmed by PezRadar in a tweet.

Could you add this to the list?

5 Likes

whewwww! awesome fix! Were you just sitting on twitter waiting for his tweets to drop? lol. I hate how we keep getting important updates like this via twitter. :roll_eyes:

Whats even the point of the main forums and “blizzard news” if we keep getting random updates from random blizzard employees in tweet responses? lol

1 Like

To help with cheaters

https://gamerant.com/diablo-2-resurrected-post-launch-content/
just thought this should be in the changes thread somewhere

2 Likes

I have to agree that making respec easier is a huge no no. Modern games are really failing on this end. The result just means that you have to respec depending on whatever situation comes up. There’s no build diversity. Part of the fun is building a character. Or finding a godly drop and building a character around that. All that is gone with easier respecs. Instantly being able to switch it back and forth makes play very boring and cookie cutter. Why even have builds then?

1 Like

Ya thats huge. People kept dogging the recent survey saying it doesn’t mean anything but THIS definitely means they are for sure doing additional work post-launch. hooray! :partying_face:

Thats one of the main unforgivable changes they should NEVER implement. Literally way way worse than personal loot. lol. Unlimited respecs in D3 is what completely killed any type of build diversity or character diversity whatsoever. :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Agreed. Though D2 also have unlimited respecs. Should be rolled back tbh. Make it those 3 respecs from campaign only.

4 Likes

ah true. I never personally grinded for respec tokens. But having to be in Hell and also able to farm the bosses for them does give it a nice prerequisite don’t you think? But i also agree that the 3 from den of evil should be the only ones.

2 Likes

Removing LAN support will reduce the number of hacks, bots, mods, etc…

If that’s true, then I’m all for it.