Why is the amazon so ungodly ugly?

why aren’t women allowed to be beautiful anymore?

564 Likes

She is a amazon and fierce not a barbie doll

97 Likes

Yeah, the new Amazon looked a bit disappointing. It doesn’t have that sex appeal somehow, compared to 2D sprites.

129 Likes

compare the original diablo 2 renders to what we’ve got now, she’s got a square and sharp it could cut a diamond. all i’m saying if the men are allowed to be eyecandy, why not the women?

73 Likes

Both her model and her portrait are in huge need of a redo. I don’t mind her having a strong face and expression, but she shouldn’t look like a man.

202 Likes

Shes non-binary =) I’m so excited for this game. I hope they keep trading exactly how it was, via channels of chatroom. Auction houses ruin the aspect of the game, catering to " i want it and i want it now" people. PvP in blood moor was my favorite past time.

8 Likes

All the characters are horrifyingly ugly, except sorceress and barbarian.

I mean, cool, ugly people exist too… but I don’t really like my character looking like THAT.

122 Likes

This literally made me :rofl:

11 Likes

Austin Powers is about to try and pull off her wig.

51 Likes

Yeah I think we really need to pray that they take another pass over most the characters. Even heroes of the storm did better justice for the Amazon.

78 Likes

I think it’s uncanny valley. Most of the class artwork on the website looks sort of weird and offputting to me, no offense to the artists. Only the sorceress really resembles the sorceress. All the others look strange or out of place for one reason or another. The assassin looks like a Mortal Kombat character. They’re overly detailed/realistic or something and just… yeah… I don’t think it’s translating well. Uncanny valley. They should maybe try to be more stylistic with the faces or something. Idk. In game it probably won’t matter much.

33 Likes

Have you seen Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior? There’s a rigid character in it who initially questioned Max’s motives but eventually lightened up to him. She had some masculine features but was still a striking beauty. Google “Warrior Woman Road Warrior” and have a look. While I’m not happy with the new Sorceress face, I’m ok with creative liberties being taken, but there’s no reason the new Amazon has to look so… old.

22 Likes

Where? :rofl: The men are hideous af.

21 Likes

It probably won’t be an issue in game with the third person view, but having to look at those portraits will kind of be an issue.

17 Likes

so…you’re basically saying you acknowledge not everyone is going to be good looking, but you want all of your characters to be either barbie or ken… cool story.

9 Likes

or maybe just maybe they are remodeling characters from a game that you literally made what they truly looked like in your head so no matter what they are going to do with them people are going to be unhappy. The 2D sprites were used to seeing for diablo 2 made you fill in the blanks in some areas of their design where there were limitations not found in games today, while i agree some of the classes could use some additional polish and tuning , none of them look inherently bad.

5 Likes

This isn’t a sexy game. we aren’t going to see their faces anyway.

14 Likes

yeah, exactly… or at least give me the option.

10 Likes

Guys you don’t get it. She did what she had to do to throw that javs far. Like a 1980s eastern Germany Olympic athlete.

20 Likes

If you want me to refund my pre-purchase lets just go down this path.

29 Likes