2.7 PTR is not S23 PTR?

Because it matters what things are, regardless of what you call them. If it’s a seasonal theme, it should only affect seasonal heroes and should only last for the season. As these changes affect non-seasonal heroes and are a permanent change, it’s clearly not a seasonal theme.

They also said a theme was “working as intended” when a support Barb solo’d a GR150 in which they were incapable of killing a single mob. The message here is that just because they say something doesn’t mean it’s so.

They’re saying it’s a seasonal theme, but we can see it’s a permanent change, i.e. it doesn’t last just for a season. So we can see the difference between what’s actually the case, and what they’re saying is the case, just like the snowballs.

They should just give us Double Exp for Season 23.

Simple yet rewarding.

That’s a completely different issue. And, it was still the “Theme”… at the time. “Working as intended” has nothing to do with “is a Theme” or “is not a Theme”.

And Seasonal Themes can’t become permanent?

Look, Meteorblade… You know I have the utmost respect for you. You have been very helpful on these forums. But…

If two Blizzard CMs and an MVP is telling me that “it is the Theme” and you are telling me “it is not the Theme”, who do you think I’m going to listen to?  

And if they change it… in any way… then fine. But, until they do, it is what it is… or what they say it is.

Forgive me for seeing the glass half full.

1 Like

The final Season in terms of Development should be the Season of Diablo and be EVERY Season theme ever made applied to a single Season.

And I have the utmost respect for you too. But come on~ It really isn’t a theme in its current form. Maybe their initial intention was to make it season only first (then implementing in non-season when it ends), but their current plan seem to not. We didn’t call season 21 DH/Necro season, or 20, 19, according to the new sets that were implemented in those seasons, did we?

They’re telling you that it’s a seasonal theme.

If that’s true, why is it a permanent change (i.e. doesn’t last just a season) and why does it affect non-seasonal heroes (i.e. doesn’t just affect seasonal heroes)?

Not if what they’re saying it is isn’t what it actually is.

Because that is what they decided to do this time.

Agree with it or disagree with it. Up to you. :woman_shrugging:

Some people may find it “lazy” that they made massive changes to the follower system and also called that “enough” to stand as a Season theme. Others will see it as starting fresh with that system in place will be a large change to how a brand new char levels, progresses, etc. So, a Season with the Solo changes and leaderboard changes, is going to be very different than seasons before it.

So what incentive do you have to play it vs Non- Season? Leaderboard ranks for Conquests and overall play using the new system. Also cosmetics.

3 Likes

I’m not saying it’s lazy. The changes are very welcome, especially for solo players. It’s just not a seasonal theme, because it’s also affecting non-seasonal players and isn’t limited to the duration of the season.

It’s for that reason that I’m likely to just play to Guardian for the cosmetics and then go right back to non-seasonal, as there’s no season-only theme.

So I will ask again - do you know if it rolls out in both seasonal and non-seasonal PTR today? You said the theme will roll out in both when the patch is finally released, but does that apply to PTR too? The limit on importing toons every 24 hours makes this relevant info for today’s PTR drop. Thanks.

I don’t know. We will have to find out when it happens.

What WE called them? No, BLIZZARD called them:

Season
Theme
Comments
Season 14 Season of Greed Double Goblins
Season 15 Boon of the Horadrim Double Bounty Cache
Season 16 Season of Grandeur Ring of Royal Grandeur effect
Season 17 Season of Nightmares Legacy of Nightmares effect
Season 18 Season of the Triune 3 Triune Circles buff
Season 19 Season of Eternal Conflict Kill Count effects
Season 20 Season of the Forbidden Archives Unrestricted Cube Powers
Season 21 Trials of the Tempests Channel an Elemental Power every 90 seconds
Season 22 Shadows of the Past Shrines/Pylons = Shadow Clones. 4 Cube Slots.

Oh…   I get it. (Shh. The name of this game isn’t really Diablo III: Reaper of Souls. “They” just say it is).  

What MB is communicating is the unequivocal truth, by the soundest definition, this is not a theme and no argument can be given to say otherwise.

You can not call a Warlock a Witch and you can not call a Witch a Warlock because critical thinking forbids it by sheer definition:

Warlock: a man who practices witchcraft, socercery.

Witch: a woman, who practices magic or sorcery; a sorceress

Words have meaning.

Spock, after logging in to the PTR: “It’s a seasonal theme, Jim, but not as we know it.”

3 Likes

‘We’ includes Blizz. You could just only say Blizz if that’s you want. When the change takes place both in season and non-season, that’s not really a ‘season’ theme. I’m not against this change at all. As already stated multiple times, I only see this as season vs non-season issue (not solo vs group players gripe).

If Blizz simply said that there is no season theme, I might’ve responded less (might not even be asking for something, a recycled season theme, as I’m doing right now. or even just go season only first, if that’s not too brutal to non-season players). But to claim it is a ‘season’ theme is simply bogus. It just feels like a habit from them. They are used to calling ‘season of something’ for years, so they have to name something on it instead of just say that there is no season theme this time.

As the other guy said, words, definitions each have specific meaning behind them.

It’s the “Season of Followers”. Play season, get the new follower buffs and loadouts, compete on the seasonal leaderboards, earn the cosmetics and stash tab (where applicable). So far, looks like a seasonal theme, walks like a seasonal theme, quacks like a seasonal theme, right?

Only difference to previous seasonal themes is that you can also get the follower buffs on non-seasonal play at the same time.

No biggie IMHO. I want the pet, and the fresh start, levelling to 70 and the rest of it are fun enough to do without needing the theme to be exclusive. Hell, bonus is that once I’ve gone as far as I want/need to in seasons, the exact same buff will be available immediately to try on my non-seasonal characters.

Other way around actually. If it looks, walks, quacks, acts not like a season theme, then it likely is not a season ‘theme’.

Yes, no biggie. I still will be playing season on EU and Asia as I still need the stash (prolly on NA too as I likely not have the pet). Nevertheless, still not a season ‘theme’.

Yes, the follower changes are available to non-seasonal heroes on the PTR. As such, I saw no benefit at all to testing a seasonal hero there, so just equipped my non-seasonal Barb’s Templar fully and had a quick go at a GR to see the benefits of the Emanate stuff.

I took a quick look at the Season Journey. Guardian rewards don’t seem to be anything other than a re-used portrait frame. If the pet / portrait isn’t even new, this will be the first season in a long time where I won’t even bother creating a seasonal hero.

By your definition.

No one is “claiming” anything. It is what Blizzard has said. They just haven’t posted it here in the forums yet or given the Theme a name.

And it’s Blizzard’s game. They have defined the terms… in this case.

1 Like

If you remember, the early Season themes were also non-season too. The start was a ladder reset. Patches went to both. The theme being season only came later in D3.

2 Likes

The follower can wear cain and sage with a rorg. Neat!

1 Like