Do you guys feel vindicated?

Fair enough. Not interested in playing these games either, as much as I like good old games. Doesn’t really change that it gives the packages a fair bit of extra value.

I am also not particularly interested in any cosmetics etc. So these packages do have zero value for me. They still have value though.

I missed that comment. However, I can indeed Install the Arcade Pack so I guess the collector pack did include it.

1 Like

Yeah, it is up on the package site too.

1 Like

First off, I’m happy for D2 fans (just like I was happy with WoW vanilla crowd when it was announced/released). But ‘vindicated’ seems like a wrong word choice. If you’re talking about D4 and it adopting aspects, features from D2, yes, I would say you would/should feel vindicated. But this was simply a D2 remaster announcement.

Which only shows D2 way was never infallible as some would depict it. Which is why some praise some aspects, features in D3 while acknowledging its flaws. D2R being no offline mode, no modding also leans towards the other side more being right with the time.

As for me, I surely am interested. But currently not leaning on buying it, yet, anyway. I just can’t wait for honeymoon phase to subside. Then we will be able to see more clearer reception of how some D2 mechanics, system fares in current time.

1 Like

True… but I was never one of them. D2 certainly has some issues.
Aside from the interface and the shared stash, I would really like to see a rework of the World event / Diablo clone.
I would also really like to see more areas grant decent experience other than Chaos and Baal runs.

We hear you.

Thank you for tuning into today. We appreciate and share your enthusiasm.

17 Likes

While you’re here, could you please clarify whether Diablo 2 Resurrected will have crossplay as well as cross save?

Also D2R looks amazing and D4 is coming along nicely as well! I really like the PVP in D4.

1 Like

I do hope that the ladder only runewords and cube recipies will be added to singleplayer as well. What do you guys think? I wanna use a grief while playing on 32 ping playing offline. There is a few mods that does this already.

I live in SEA, and I don’t get good pings online…

1 Like

In other words, yes :stuck_out_tongue:

VIndicated might be a strong word choice but I do feel like Blizzard has gotten the message on D4.

D3’s biggest weakness was the world itself. While we can’t know everything (story, plot, music, etc.) the overall look is that it is in a good spot. Mechanics, skill development, etc. really require sitting down and playing to have a good understanding in my opinion.

For Diablo 2 Resurrected it is hard to say anything outside of joy for it coming. It is hard to feel anything when, so far, most (if not all) of the changes I think were layups. I just find the way of bridging the D2 engine issues to be great as it’ll keep some of the quirks of D2 alive more than likely.

1 Like

Maybe because I played both a lot (Grim Dawn has taken out D3 for me in recent seasons) the D2 vs. D3 to me has always come down to Arpg vs. aRPG. D2 is a better RPG because your character feels more like a person than a class to me. D3 though is a better action game hands down. Since I tend to fall into the aRPG camp I’ve preferred D2 but i certainly see the appeal of D3.

I do know that D2:R likely means that my time in Grim Dawn is nearing an end (maybe 9 months… but coming to an end nonetheless).

Hell, it’s about damn time!
– Tychus Findlay

Thank you! I hope the devs would also appreciate the criticism regarding the unnecessary changes when it comes to some of the new character models in D2 Resurrected, among which:

race changes (the Assassin);

the Amazon being retconned into an older woman… which originally she wasn’t, and to those who would argue otherwise, here are some images and lore from HotS, that confirm she was young:
xxhttps://i.imgur.com/6cBpuvn.jpg

The barbarian’s muscles being toned down… and so on.

I’d like to see the game resurrected faithfully, in a manner consistent with the original design. At the age of 33, I am old enough to remember what were clearly the original sources of inspiration for many characters and/or attires, such as the Xena show, the Connan movie with Schwarzenegger, Elric and things like that.
Please, don’t change what the people, who originally drew those characters had in mind and were referencing, and don’t change what some of us have played throughout the last 20+ years.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Not to be negative or anything :laughing:
But “We hear you” have to be one of the most meaningless sentences around, in sharp competition with “Thoughts and prayers”.

Especially when the “you” consists of millions of people wanting wildly different things.
So, again, doesn’t exactly say much. Blizzard cant, and more importantly shouldn’t, try to make a game that adheres to every single one of those different voices. Since it would be pretty impossible.

Much more interesting if Blizzard tells us what they are hearing, what they are doing, and for what reasons.

2 Likes

I would only give or correct info on the forums, as management.

Good ideas from posters are dangerous to react on:
-The poster can try to monetize his idea…
-Maybe one of the reasons that modding isn’t allowed.

I think ‘we read you’, for good ideas, was always true.

No they cant. If anyone post any idea on the forum, Blizzard could take that idea and the poster could do nothing.

Not that I said they should take ideas from the forum (and much less call out who they took ideas from, that would be quite horrible), rather the opposite, be better at telling us what they do, and why.

How? I mean, maybe he gets a donation or two from fellow players… nobody cares.

I have been posting on these forums pretty regularly throughout the last 9 years out of passion for the game. It never occurred to me to try and “monetize” my thoughts or ideas. If I wanted to make money, I would have uploaded on youtube and I would have made account on one of those donation platforms…
only I don’t wanna make money from little kids, donating to me with their mom’s credit card.

Besides, I am pretty sure making suggestions here and there as to what fits an already existing franchise from the position of an end user is not the same as actually working on sorting through the good suggestions and actually implementing them…

But yes, Blizz should have definitely picked few real fans as consultants, it would have resulted into much better Blizzard games throughout the last 10-11 years. Everything since the end of Wrath has been rather disappointing… and Wrath itself was far from perfect.

1 Like

Why? The games aren’t out yet. I will not be trusting any game until after I have seen enough of it to judge whether to buy it or not. They said many things about D3 before it launched, and look how that turned out. I don’t plan on preordering either of their new Diablo games until something more concrete is out there.

1 Like

As for the D2R yes.
As for the D4 not yet.
D4 is causing me some bad feelings …

3 Likes

I agree, it’s not the same.

I think they are taking all info from us as they can already, to guarantee a polished product at launch or correct our complains about bugs ASAP after launch.
-Just like this happened after OUR reaction at the D3 launch.
-just think what the PTR is for.

1 Like

Which is what they said when the D3 Alpha and Beta runs happened as well. They did not address any of the concerns brought up beyond the most surface of glitches. What we saw in the Beta was exactly what we got on release. And it went rapidly downhill from there.

1 Like