Question about Blizzconline?

Did Blizzard ever say if they were going to post a schedule prior to the event?

What are you most interested in seeing at Blizzconline?

1. More information on D:I
  2. More information on D4 :point_left:t2:
  3. Do they have anything for D3
  4. What are the other projects.
  • ā€œWe have multiple Diablo projects being worked on by multiple teams.ā€
    • D2:R announcement could fall under #4.
  1. All of the above.

I will go with 2, 3, and 4 (I do not care about D:I).

5 Likes

I know itā€™s a long shot, but Iā€™m hoping for some surprise D2:R announcement. I know, Iā€™m probably going to be disappointed.
:smiley:

1 Like

I updated the list just for you. :metal:t2: :metal:t2: :metal:t2:

That could fall under the ā€œWe have multiple Diablo projects being worked on by multiple teams.ā€

2 Likes

2 and 3.

a program-list would be great.

If you expect a D2 remaster announcement at anything Blizzard does, you will be constantly disappointed.

1 Like

Iā€™m hoping, not expecting. We shall see. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I am most interested about Immortal of course. Will it have boats?

Isnā€™t 2. obvious for almost everyone ? ^^
Immortal is already in public testing, thereā€™s not much to be revealed now.
D3 is on life supportā€¦ apart from balance patches I donā€™t hope for much.
Other projectsā€¦ maybe D2 fans are more interested in the long rumoured remaster, but for the rest I donā€™t see how they could tease something more exciting than D4.

So of course my vote goes for 2. but anyway Iā€™m interested in all Diablo things.

1 Like

1 and 2. Iā€™m finding myself more intrigued by D:I after the video that was posted. Iā€™d like to see some actual time lines for development and release.

How odd.

In another thread, you said you were relaying information from having travelled to the future and, having therefore already watched Blizzconline, you knew theyā€™d be announcing a release date for Diablo IV. Didnā€™t you stay in the future long enough to watch the D:I announcements too and relay those to us?

Itā€™s almost like you might be fibbing.

1 Like

I am sarcastic, Meteor.

1 Like

new version of the campfire scene

The last campfire scene shown to us was very D2-esque to ignore my tin foil hat theory.

As unlikely as it is, D2:R could be rolled out as Darkening of Tristram type event in D4.

A CoC built version using the D4 engine would be another guess (if D2:R was to be announced)

But, more than likely, the new campfire scene will have at least one additional class.

ā€œlots to talk about.ā€

CMā€™s will you be postings a schedule?

2 Likes

Campfire scene was just a way to bring nostalgia into D4. Plus itā€™s organic and neat. So I can ignore the tinfoil hat for this one.

Sure, but what part? D1 was easy to do since it was a descending dungeon and nothing else.

Not going to be announced.

For online, maybe. My theory is they will announce both classes and the start of Alpha testing. Now, if they only show one, then my latest release date option is probably off lat q4 2021-early q1 2022. If both are shown, expect testing and the game to be released by years end.

Well he is also keeping up the doomsayer appearance in the CPO thread too. So who knows with this guy.

I love you right now. In a purely platonic way.

2 Likes

Iā€™d be surprised if itā€™s released before may 22ā€™ ā€œnot even blizzard soonā€

Iā€™m hopeful that weā€™ll learn the Druidā€™s class system, followed by some more info on endgame contents, and maybe some additional skills. But overall, Iā€™m looking forward to BlizzConline.

Blizzard soonish typically a year. My timeline is 2-2 1/4 years. Not to mention in Nov 2019, we were told that tiny but of Scosglen was all they had playable, then 6 months later they tested a full zone. We also saw bits of every zone in the gameplay reveal trailer, which leads me to believe the world was basically made(minus refinements and touching up).

Everyone who played it said it felt more put together than the D3 demo in 2018. Mind you we didnā€™t see every area, only act one stuff. All of this points to this game being further along than they are leading on. Not saying it canā€™t be released later than that, stuff happens, new ideas pop up, and what not, thatā€™s why they are curbing thier bet by saying not even Blizzard soon. Still, 2016-2021 is a 5 year development cycle, which is normal for AAA games.

2 Likes

There wonā€™t be a detailed one before Opening Ceremonies and any big announcements. They will have placeholder blocks for certain things that are game related.

Just look at past Schedules and expect the same amount of detail before Blizzcon (as in not a ton).

1 Like