Game keeps crashing

Anyone else suffering the same? Just freezes up… I don’t get ‘Error 34’ or anything :-/

Edit: I am noticing that sound seems to crash first.

3 Likes

Yes, for me it freezes up for about 10-15 seconds then it’s fine again. It usually happens about 2-3 times a day, not super often, but enough to annoy me and give me HC char a rest.

1 Like

I notice too that if I try closing the game, it just crashes.

Do the fmod64 trick. It fixes the issue but you lose game sound.

1 Like

Stutters and game crashed to desktop last night when i was close to finishing my Act 5 bounty that I need. Was fine when I first started season but Saturday and Sunday was bad.

Had it happen last night, seemed to really lag everything for about 1 minute. Was doing Realm of Fright, and got pwned. Multi second lag spikes. It was the first time I’d had that happen while playing D3.

I have had freezes for 5-10 seconds in party Greater Rifts. It seemed related to me playing music… doesn’t matter from what or where (pandora, youtube, through chrome or firefox, MP3 file, etc.). The whole game eventually goes back to normal and never kicks me out. I have just been playing without music and playing with game sound on.

I recently put game sound to almost mute and still play music. Never had a freeze yet, but only played through normal rifts.

I have no idea whats going on. Updated all my drivers and Windows 10.

1 Like

Hey folks - looking for any additional info you can share. Would like to know which console you’re experiencing issues. If you are on PC, can you share if you are running the 32-bit or 64-bit client?

i cant seem to login, PC 64 bit , getting few errors, servers not available or ill get the stuck on hero list and retry… as im typing this it finally let me in @FilthieRich

1 Like

PC 64 bit. Since start of S22 game crashed a few times.
But since I play HC the most annoying is the game freezing for like 10 seconds!
Had this 4 times now and the last time it resulted in the death of my demon hunter which makes me cry :frowning:

Setup:

• PC 64 bit
  • Windows up-to-date
  • Videocard up-to-date

Situation
All the freezes happend during in-GR fighting.
Both solo and in group.
Happens usually when fighting (1) lof of monsters together (elite packs) or (2) when fighting an elite boss with special effects (lightning, ice etc.).
Area damage on.

What is different to real “lags” is that it seems your character just stops acting while the demons keep killing you. With a lag usually drinking a potion etc still continues “sort-off”.

PC, 64bit, Win 10. All drivers current. No open browser pages, no streaming services.

Intermittent freezing of character, while everything else is fine. Not typical lag. Character will freeze for 1-3 seconds, disappear from screen, then appear across screen, however nothing else lags. Monsters, spell effects, etc. all fine.

Character will stutter quickly in place, like a humming bird wing, all blurry, but rapidly moving in place.

Did not happen on last log in, but previous log ins were pretty bad.

I think it’s the wellknown fmod problem that makes game freeze.

1 Like

May not be the same issue, but I figured out what was causing me to freeze in GRs for ~10 seconds, sometimes up to 4 times in a single run (never occurred in town).

When I unchecked “enable sound”, I would freeze. Keeping sound enabled, I would no longer freeze. This was never an issue before and I would always uncheck the box when I listened to music. Now, I just keep it checked, but lower the bar to nearly 0 and have not had a freeze since.

So, in my case, for whatever reason, unchecking “enable sound” in the sound options, would cause freezes. Worth a shot if you disable in-game sound.

I’ve had it randomly crash now several times since this season started. I cannot remember the last time Diablo III straight up CTDed on me before this season, but it feels like never? :thinking:

I get bad frames around 10 to 12 when i start up a new game. I get crashes as well

Using 64 bit PC

0E579847-2C45-4EC8-B824-0120241E8C51 --> at the challenge rift first floor … Win10 64bit …

3F29DDE4-3E43-4015-BB89-FB738E048721 Sat around in town for a bit seeing if I’d crash. Hop into a normal rift bloodrush and in and start fighting and BAM Unexpected error, my darling friend that I’ve been seeing far too much lately.