Game crash and return to Windows

I have had it crash twice now on hardcore seasonal. Once on the way to Magda and once for Belial. Solo Hardcore, when it does that there are no teammates to help, you just have to see if you lived when you restart the game.

I had 3 CTDs (Crash to Desktop) on Friday evening and 1 on Saturday.

This is the second time now I’ve been on my final bounty before turning in to Tyrael and the game has crashed. I cannot voice how frustrating it is… Blizzard, I think you needed even more time to iron out the issues with this patch. Someone message me when season 23 is here.

hi same for me i got like 5 crashes today… since 2.6.10 never happen on 2.6.9

1 Like

i am having issues with ether helping with PL or doing GR solo and get instantly disconnected and also when logging back in the cinematic keeps popping up when logging in. This is not ever happened and tons of bugs in game that is needing to be fixed big time

Hi there! Could you kindly share any additional details to help us investigate further.

1 Like

hey only details i know the game was working fine with 2.6.9 now 2.6.10 is only crash all day long !

3 Likes

This has happened to me and my friends so far. We all play on the European server.

Four Man Group:
Pressing a pylon with four elite packs around the pylon. Game crashes by all players. No further information whether this always happens.

Three Man Group:
Pressing on a pylon one player has an instand dissconect. Player is shown offline in the chat and is immediately removed out of the group to the desktop. Before Season Patch 22 players with a dissconect stay in the group for about a minute.

In a Group (2, 3 or 4 player):
Single players in the group have a frozen screen sometimes for about 30 seconds when shadow clons are around hitting elite packs. So far only the damage dealers are affected by the frozen screen.

2 Likes

Lots of info there, Youngblood. Thanks!

It might be related to the clones, so the party composition might be useful to know.

Was there always a certain class in the party when it crashed?

Same problem - but only once… bad timing though.

Happened to me just now, was in a group with a friend in Act V town walking from the BS to the Rift portal. (No portal opened). Crashed as windows popped up a security notification. The Battle net app still treats my computer as if I were in the game so I cannot relaunch it.

I have relaunched the app, Logged out and back in, and cleared background processes in an attempt to fix it. About to try to restart my computer to see if that fixes, but I would call this one game-breaking… (at least as far as playability)

Edit: Restarting did allow me to get back into the game.

when logging into the game ok you are supposed to got the character screen and it comes up with the cinematic and have to click esc to get to main screen. Then once in you go into the game and once in game it is fine and then go into the NR and or GR you gett o a point and then get disconnected and then message comes up with error an d it is been doing this all day and now i was in a NR and was about 1/4 of the way in and then big time glitch and then disconnected.

I’m on Windows 10 1909 (18363.1139). Experienced this problem in solo or in 4 person group. Have to end d3 program in task manager to “fix” this problem so I can re-run the game. No audio freeze problem on this build.

I’ve had it crash once while in game back to Windows, and twice it froze up my comp, so I couldn’t bring any other screen to the fore front, so I had to hard restart my comp. And my brother has also had it crash on him a couple times. Once it was while working on the last bounty in act 4 that I remember. Another time I was just standing around in town, act 2 I believe that time. I don’t remember the 3rd time.

Complaint Number
209D5B90-20D5-40AC-92AB-B85393645A05
Doing a rift T9 Hardcore. Trashing everything well, hit a pillar, came across the next group, my Barbs Battle Rage Bloodshed went off as I was in frenzy and it froze. Gave a bit of sound as if the fighting was still in progress and then I am staring at the client on my windows home screen. Re-did all my drivers today too since I posted on this thread earlier. (64-bit windows 10 system)

Well that was quick
Report ID number and report

C8AFF772-3CBD-4EF7-8042-C408E4D0C008
T9 rift, Frenzy, battle rage bloodshed. Furious charged into a group and now on the windows/client screen.

Certainly, game immediately closes without an error message while playing. That’s it. Happens to everyone in my party running public GRifts multiple times

PC, 64bit Client
Had several CTDs on EU server, Codes:

D804B245-2CA0-4E31-97E0-4D68EB59B34A (23rd Nov)
F80AF799-1B63-476C-9EDC-0F457381946F (25th Nov)
46E20907-6864-4CC4-BC85-7E79D1AA5164 (26th Nov)
54ECABD6-3694-4FF7-9AA7-04F176C18817 (27th Nov)
DEE903CE-D95E-4EE9-A56C-BCDF21E22DF1 (28th Nov)
DD18ECEE-AD3B-4D12-B39B-F5B2ECD31D3C (29th Nov)
A7EB83DE-1213-42AC-ADE7-DDBEE74A782B (30th Nov)
E66A4504-2FF4-49C8-86AA-063FC31210FD (2nd Dec)
4421C63C-3EB3-491F-ABA8-786573594B11 (3rd Dec)
AC734AEB-6CB4-4560-B823-051755EFFE85 (4th Dec)

I’m getting 3 crash freeze issues. (been playing since lunch and have never had any of these)

1. Game locks up, get system spinning cursor, 5-10 seconds later unfreezes.

2. Same as one, but get system notification that D3 is unresponsive.

3. Crash to desktop (8525C79F-1688-4441-BA65-428AF3E1FC26)

I get one of these 2-3 times a day. No new hardware since last season, no Razor products.

1 Like

I also get these “freeze problems”. Since I play HC this resulted after the 4th freeze in my death :frowning:

Same as above.

1. Game locks up, get a system spinning cursor, 10 seconds later unfreezes.
  2. Freezes usually happens when there is a lot of enemies / elite packs and one of the elites has special effects (lightning, ice etc).

PC64 bit, Windows 10 and videocard drivers up-to-date

Never had this before in diablo.
Lot of my friends have it which drives them mad on HC.