2021 Ladder Reset

Hello,

Is there any date set for 2021 Ladder Reset? I thought it would be an exciting final classic D2 reset before the game/servers are merged to D2R, just like how WC3R and SC:R had classic and remastered merged (SC:R became pay to play MMR ladder matchmaking and WC3R had its MMR ladder entirely removed).

1 Like

Not yet, given previous resets estimate 2nd week in June but hope for at least a weeks notice here beforehand.

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll check back in 3 weeks or so

No, not yet.

This part is entirely incorrect.

Diablo 2 (2000) and LoD (2001) are staying exactly as they are on old Bnet and you can continue to play. They have not indicated that Ladders will stop resetting.

D2R is going to be on the new Battlenet 2.0 infrastructure with the modern games and won’t impact anything with the original.

3 Likes

Good to know! Hopefully D2:R is a clean & enjoyable playing experience separate from the realm ladders we know and love.

As I understand it, there will be no mixing whatsoever between D2/LOD and D2R, so I would expect that will go for the ladders as well.

Not sure it’ll be clean, but it will be separate.

They have said that we can export our characters from LOD to D2R. That said, I don’t know if they meant single player characters and/or battle.net characters.

They said Single Player Offline only. Bnet chars will be fresh D2R chars.

Yes, I guess I should have been more specific, and qualified D2R with “online D2R”.

I’m glad Blizzard is giving players the opportunity to move their offline characters to D2R, and equally glad that online characters won’t be able to (though, ultimately player choice would have been even better served if they’d set up a separate D2R realm for D2/LOD originated characters).

Depending on how many WoW players are gonna pay to clone their classic char to tbc, to be able to play them on both versions (classic and tbc), I would not be surprised if one day we would see the same thing here.

This Friday, May 21st will be two weeks till the 6 month mark of this D2 season.

We should hear something around Friday, May 28th about next season start date.

Maybe USWest will be working for new season too!

June 4th/5th, depending on timezone, will most likely be the reset date if they follow the same pattern as the last 20 years.

10 years. They’ve only been resetting every 6 months for 10 years. The ladder prior to that was almost 2 years long. Resting in June will only be the 4th year in that month, prior to that it was May. :smiley:

Again putting out false information, the severs do in fact merge. However, your personal save files on your PC is what it’s based off of. So you will be able to carry over single player/open bnet files. And really you’ve done nothing but troll and create more problems in these forums. I don’t know why your even here to be honest

Servers are run by Blizzard. Those are Closed Bnet. NOTHING on the servers merges from D2 over to D2R.

So no, Ladder is not “merged” with old D2. This thread is specifically about Ladder on Closed Bnet.

I am here to provide accurate information…which you seem to have an issue with, Lost.

Single player saves, and Open Bnet, are on the user’s PC. NOT the Blizzard servers.

There is no merge with regard to ladder at all - seeing as that is entirely on Closed Bnet on Blizzard’s servers.

3 Likes