2 Week Long PTR/middle patch

Thanks to you and the developers for a new PTR patch!!

2 Likes

2.6.8a Or 2.6.8svr incoming.

As a developer of a heavily server-depended game, I understand how hard it is to squeeze all the data gathering, balancing, modifying, building new patch and internal tesing in such a short amount of time. So, big respect to the devs, and keep up the good work!
P/s: How canā€™t I include links in my posts?

2 Likes

Oh Diablo god(dess), give us poor DHs a little bone to chew in this patchā€¦

Just do LB wipe so we can test stuff out again

Write the link as you would normally, then highlight the entire link, then click on the </> button on the formatting bar at the top of the reply window. This will transform your link into preformatted text and make it acceptable to the forum.

We wonā€™t be able to click your link, but we can copy-paste it in our browsers.

Any update by chance? Inquiring minds need to know! Hehe

Their work day is just starting.

1 Like

Exactly. Enough Coffee hasnā€™t been swallowed. :grinning:

Itā€™s about 9.30 AM in California. The day isnā€™t starting, it has started already.

Well, give them some time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

California is an oddly relaxed place. Most work does not start until between 9 and 10am. Blizzard in particular tends to do that and they stay later in the afternoon instead. It matches up better with when gamers in the US are awake and playing.

I am sure we will hear something later today. Let them have their coffee first :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Itā€™s almost 20h00 in the EU. I just got the message while playing PTR that a new patch is available. But it is not starting yet, so I guess it is being deployed now.

PTR hast just been updated guys :smiley:

Is there there an updated notes? Iā€™m on lunch at work. I check the notes a little bit ago but they looked the same.

Itā€™s less a California thing and more a games industry thing for West Coast developers. We start a little later because it matches up to when the rest of the US is active - weā€™ll still be in the office when the East Coast starts to hit peak gaming time. :slight_smile:

I do have an update though - weā€™ve just finished deploying the PTR patch! Iā€™m in the process of hitting all the buttons to update patch notes. Thatā€™ll take a bit, but they should all be up and available by 11:30 AM PT this morning, after caches update and such.

You may notice the Leaderboards are currently locked; this is because weā€™re in the process of draining them for your testing. That should be done within the next half an hour or so as well.

Happy testing!

Edit: I just finished deploying the NA English patch notes, so those should now be available in the launcher and in the blog. If you donā€™t see the updates, consider clearing your cache/cookies and reloading the page.

6 Likes

@Nevalistis Buff Impale damage, the highest impale clear right now is Gr120ish, around Gr127ā€¦ there ARE many other builds doing above this levelā€¦ it wonā€™t hurt if you buff Impale come on bro.

1 Like

Thank you.  

I was just in the PTR, in the middle of an Act Bounty, when I got disconnected, receiving this message popup:

I tried restarting D3 a couple of times and continued getting this message. I thought that maybe the PTR had ended and came here for more information.

I will try again later.  

Demon hunters are dead and even more so in the next season since DH cant even use the seasonal buff considering that our builds require 3 specific cubed items, but even if we could swap one it doesnt matter anyways because every class will just cube furnace which we cant cube giving them 50% more dps than us. This will result in the DH being the worst class by a large margin in the next season.

She is a sis, bro. (20 chars)