2.6.8+ Barb Buff Proposal II

DR doesn’t really have diminishing returns, and 4% can be a ton of mitigation, depending on how much mitigation you’ve already got before you consider that 4%. If that 4% was taking you from “96% damage mitigated” to “100% damage mitigated”, this would make you unkillable. Obviously, the game never really lets you do this, though you can get pretty close when you’re using a Goldwrap.

In terms of how much damage it prevents, Superstition is indeed giving you 20%. If, while using Band of Might, you took a hit of elemental damage that did 100 damage without Superstition, then with Superstition you’d take 80. If you weren’t using Band of Might, then that hit would have done 500 damage, and Superstition would have mitigated 100 of it, so you’d take 400. Again, 20%.

As for the fury generated, it’s not nothing, but I agree it should be more. Back in the original Barbarian Buff Proposal, Free and I suggested a number of purely numerical changes to Passives, including Superstition, that would help to make them relevant:

h ttp://barbarianbuffproposals.mystrikingly.com/#buffs-to-passive-skills
(remove space between h and ttp)

1 Like

Yeah, though we proposed some tweaks to passive skills, it doesn’t seem like that’s on the table. Even when we initially discussed the idea, it seemed unrealistic. Ah well.

1 Like

Can we have something for WOTB uptime other than zodiac ring?

Perhaps give mighty weapon or mighty belt a Shenlong type mechanic :

When you reach max fury, activate WOTB. Then your fury starts rapidly depleted.

Maybe something like that to support gen barb builds.

I think it’s not completely unrealistic. Passives got changed in the past post RoS, so there’s a possibility, yes.

-Remove dust devils from the waste set. This will almost eliminate all lag.

-Lamentation to 175%. To compensate for removal of dust devils.

-Bul-kathos movement speed to 60%. To make this a little bit closer to istvans set on pushes. More mobility will allow for faster/larger pulls

-Skull grasp buff to 500-600%. To make skull grasp viable on t16 non rend builds at low para.

1 Like

Doesn’t Dust Devils proc Ambo?
If so, removing DD from Waste would drop some DPS then.

And this is why I said to increase lamentation to 175%

From the shadows I come…

Juice frenzy to the gills.

Max stacks up

Add DR

Do something crazy like replace “weapon damage” with “thorns” or some other stat that effectively gives you a gigantic multiplier if you gear for it

Yes, I know it’s stupid but would be fun to tool around with.

Otherwise I’d like to see MOTE get some extra gas. That was always my favorite set.

2 Likes

I’d like to see a primary skill build, i was just testing 5ik+ depth diggers+ fury shoulders + the bash weapon(dont remember the name) + oathkeeper and the primary skill gem, and the damage was garbage

All we need is for the Dev to buff our Primary items. I’m hoping that 300th and Skulars get the necessary buffs this time around.

Not sure if it works but CotA says Ancients use bonus abilities. *Korlic wields a massive polearm and uses Cleave and Furious Charge. Oathkeeper and Dishonored Legacy buffs cleave damage. Use bolder toss bracers and weap in cube. Ancients have your stats. Always wondered why immortal Kings has such a low multiplier compared to other sets. Maybe it’s in a good spot but we didn’t honor our legacy / ancients after all.

Ancients using players stats is one thing now if they used player skills and were able to receive the same buffs from items that would be interesting.

4000% on IKs feels low but add 100% Atk speed on Ancients and the ability to use buffed cleave it would end up with cleave dealing 12000% more damage. 4000% + 4000% *2 (100% atk speed) it would make up for a pretty unique Pet Build

My hope for next patch and the future is so that they changed berserker rage and brawler to both be multiplicative. It’s about time.

WIth rend build for example, these passives are so much diluted.

With things like blades of the tribes etc, it becomes more absurd,

I think the idea behind these passive is close to what vanilla Diablo 3 is, when there is a lot less DIBS and when it actually means something, now these passives hardly means anything… Doesn’t feel good to have it in ur slot knowing it is diluted too much.

Other barb builds are obsolete compared to WW, which is at least 5-6lvl stronger than any other.

My wishes:
IK needs a buff (for Hota build)

SS still lacks RCR, especially in boss. Even with CotA is still a problem at times. Fury of the Vanished Peak should go from 50% RCR to ~ 80%, or perhaps completely remove the cost of SS (we can remove CotA).
In addition, it is far below WW’s power, if WW remains as it is, Mote should also receive more buffs for balance. Fjord cutter should go from 150 to ~ 250%

Finally, Barb has no viable generator build. Make Oathkeeper have some purpose.

1 Like

My idea on Fury of the Vanished Peak

Seismic Slam attacks 50% faster and returns 25 fury. At full fury, Seismic Slam spends all fury and damage is increased by [25~50%] per Fury spent.

DPS buff only occurs at full fury.

Undisputed Champion: Frenzy gains the effect of every Rune, you can also DW 2H weapons.

I liked the idea where 25 fury is returned per hit. I think that would be fine.

The number one change we need at this point is removal of dust devils from wastes. Change the set bonus to wind shear or blood funnel. Or just remove it. The lag is ridiculous. In multiplayer it ruins the game. Obviously it’s not the obsessed about meta group, but 115 is unplayable with 4 barbs.

Those dust devils apply our rends…so no dont remove the dust devils.