2.6.8+ Barb Buff Proposal II

I thought long and hard:

300th Spear: Against single target Weapon Throw attacks 100% faster.

So every attack vs single target stacks 10% IAS (up to 100%). As soon as an axe ricochets off said single target, the stacks begin to drops, like EW, Squirts,… ect

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned but I’d love to see Raekor 2pc make it so you keep charge charges as long as you hit at least 1 enemy. It lowers the skill ceiling on VC builds but makes it a lot smoother imo. Also make R6 the main charge build.

Buff Ancients through IK. Ik could keep its HOTA identity while also making a pet build viable. Rework some legs like Madawc’s to boost Ancients and make them primary damage-dealers.

Would also be great to see weapon throw build as others are mentioning. Was a fun if generally unviable build in D2.

Work through LoD to to make generator builds viable. Lots of potential here. Fury spent buffs generators?

Barb is in a unique place because the class has a lot of versatility already. Just needs some tweaking to make a ton more builds viable.

1 Like

Damn, that would be nice

Free, add this to our list, aswell as IK6 buff.

Damn, I’d even play Charge barb if that happened. It would be smoooth

1 Like

I agree–it’s a nice change that makes Charge builds easier to play and far less frustrating. The IK set definitely needs a buff, but if Raekor is meant to be the “Charge” build set, it’s going to need a tweak to edge out the IK combo.

BTW, Hadd, I took the time to write a lengthy thoughtful response on the Slam issue above, but you ignored it. What gives?

Regarding primary skill builds: It’s going to be easier to stick with what we have in the current proposal. We’ll increase the multiplier numbers, of course, but the mechanics in the proposal right now are pretty solid.

Regarding Slam as a DPS component in Phys EQ: I’m still not in favor of it, but I prefer to let Rage make the final calls on MOTE-stuff since he’s pushed much harder with that build and it’s much more near and dear to him. I’m much more invested in the idea of a Phys EQ build that pumps out damage via EQ and Avalanche combined, and I feel that trying to squeeze 3 DPS skills into a build is actually more trouble than it’s worth. It also severely restricts item selection.

Again, I understand that this was how the build was played, but I don’t think it’s optimal.

Regarding IK HOTA: The easiest fix is to increase the multiplier on IK 6. If they’d used our ramp-up mechanic on Remorseless from the proposal, all you would need to do is increase that item’s multiplier, but alas, they did not. That means the only way to reliably increase IK HOTA without buffing R6 HOTA is to buff the IK multiplier. This will, of course, also buff Vile Charge, so I’m going to propose tweaks to Raekor with this new, buffed # in mind.

Again, everyone, I urge you to keep in mind the tenets of the OP:

1 Like

What? Didn’t see it, man

Gotta say I’m glad you decided to let Rage “take over” that MotE section on our proposal list. I really liked his suggestions.

The build he describes kinda resembles me a build Kongor played in the RoS beta, which was nerfed to the ground before RoS went live. He spammed Seismic Slam to reduce cooldown in Avalanche, which happened so fast the screen was filled with Rumble (which at the time got a different mechanic) and avalanche itself. He regained fury through health globes + bracers + might of the earth. It was a very satisfying build to even look at it, but the devs thought it was too powerfull.

For MotE to shine I agree that it has to be about Avalanche aswell

If anyone feel like dropping by and giving it a like or complementing with more content.

Raekor’s Heart

Furious Charge supporting legendaries

--------===== Furious Charge =====--------
Battering Ram - New Merciless Assault - New Stamina - New Cold Rush - New Dreadnought - New
Battering Ram - Current Merciless Assault - Current Stamina - Current Cold Rush - Current Dreadnought - Current

Click Runes for details

The legendary powers look great but Raekor at 6,500% per stack is free GR150 spam for R6 hammer builds, people would play nothing else.

The numbers on that are way off.

Do people really want wall charge meta again?

You’d have to completely kill its ability to generate stacks via the runes for that to work.

1 Like

Maybe for you it’s insta 150 GR, cause you have over 10,000 paragon, for everyone else it’s not…

Nothing stands in the way to buff other sets too, to be as strong as Reakor…

Legendaries and sets should be balanced arround 1500-2000 paragon level players not 10000+. Even if you could run 150 GR than so what?!

How many years do Averages Joes (who clear GRs 100% Solo) have to wait to even clear a 120-130 GR with any set or build at all…?!

Anyway here’s two more supporting items, this time for Whirlwind Wastes set…

2 Likes

Blizzard nerfed Crusader AoV away from 150, I don’t think their larger plan is to buff everyone up to 150 solo.

AoV is still doing 148, and Blizzard straight up said they’ll nerf it again after this patch and that the first nerf was not enough. They specifically said it’s performing about 7 tiers higher than they expected.

That is why I’m saying that it’s a bad idea to balance stuff towards 150, especially Raekor6 which is infamous for a playstyle many people hate.

It has nothing to do with Paragon, it’s a balance / multiplier problem.

1 Like

What’s the point of this game if no matter what paragon you have you can’t clear the highiest GR in game after years of playing?!

No wonder so many players left D3 RoS…

People got tired of being stucked in the same GR range for years or getting nothing but scraps or having the same META for years and leaderboards full of the same builds over and over again and if they get something nice, than aw hell no, forget it, cause we said so…

People should stop being afraid of clearing GR 150 with no matter what buid they used. If you get to 150 GR with one build or set, than why not buff others to get there too instead of forcing players to be stucked in max 140-145 GRs range no matter how strong they are…

Where have you seen that?

Sorry Gasnick, but Blizzard obviously disagrees. With this post combined with nerfing of Bazooka Wiz next patch, it’s obvious they’re moving the game away from 150, not closer to it.

1 Like

D3 producer was quite clear about it here:

2 Likes

A collection of thoughts.

I think Girdle of Giants needs an extension, 5-10 seconds would be much nicer than 3, it feels like the timer drops before you can start it again almost every time.

I mentioned Lut Socks moving affix somewhere else to give the MoTE 3Leap-EQ builds a little more freedom for cubeslots, specific thoughts were Dread Iron and GoG, or even a Bracer slot but I guess that buffs the builds that are currently not using Lut Socks more than it should.

Bul-Kathos Wedding Band - keep current affix and maybe add -
Your damage over time and channeling skills deal 50-60% more damage?
Enemies affected by your damage over time take 50% more damage?
I’m not sure, probably not needed but could make it more interesting and give an option over Convention - not a fan of rotating buffs tbh

Could be dead wrong on all 3 but ideas are ideas after all

I just had a thought. Reverse the 6pc Raekor bonus.

“Every use of a Fury-spending attack increases the damage of your next Furious Charge by X%. This effect stacks.”

This would be a nice and elegant way of solving R6 into a VC-centric build, yeah?

2 Likes

I was reading this discussion and seems that no one talked about passive skills, so i want to add my grain of sand to this castle.

Barbarian is probably the class that has the worst passives in the entire game… most of them are outdated, useless or need very specific requirements for very little.

This is my tier list of barbarian passives, the idea of this tier list is separate passives in groups, groups that are close to the top needs less changes that the ones that are at the very bottom (which need a lot of changes)

S : Rampage

A : Ruthless , Pound of Flesh , Nerves of Steel , No Escape

B : Berserker Rage , Inspiring Presence , Bloodthrist , Brawler , Boon of Bul-Kathos

C : Relentless , Though as Nails , Sword and Broad , Earthen Might , Weapons Master, Unforgiving

F : Superstition , Juggernaut , Animosity

S Group

Rampage is the strongest barb passive, adds decent damage and defense the only weakness it has is vs rift guardians, this passive needs no changes

A Group

Ruthless adds good damage, imo it should be activated at 40% instead of 30%, mostly to aid barbarian potential against rift guardians.

Pound of Flesh is a super solid passive for speedfarming, overall i think this passive works great and is ok in it’s current state.

Nerves of Steel is a mandatory passive for hardcore, and overall it’s a good fake death passive, the only problem i see with this passive is that only gives us 95% damage reduction, instead of 100% that almost every single fake death passive offers (outside of wizard one).

No Escape is a really good passive for the Seismic Slam build, probably the only thing that i would love to see changed is the removal of the range condition, overall this passive is amazing because it’s multiplicative.

B Group

Berserker Rage is passive that is not bad but is not great neither, the condition of 95% fury makes it totally useless for a lot of builds, and the damage it’s dibs instead of multiplicative, imo they should change it to 30% dibs and add 30% damage reduction, a change like this would improve WW perfomance for pushing for low level paragon players (without the risk to add powercreep or make top players clear higher)

Inpiring Presence is a good passive during the leveling process in harcore, and really valuable for Zdps barb, the only change that i think this passive should have is increase the 3% LPS bonus to 5%.

Bloodthrist is a good passive for healing, overall i think this passive it’s good and don’t need changes.

Brawler it’s a passive that adds decent damage, but the problem is that you have the condition of 3 enemies… which i think should be changed, to something like “as long as you have 1 enemy in 12 yards all your damage is increased by 20%” (This would make this passive be the counterpart of steady aim passive for DH), changing it increases the perfomance against rift guardians.

Boon of Bul-Kathos, i like this passive, but i think that it should decrease even more the CDR for WOTB, IMO change it from 30 seconds to 40 seconds is a good change that could help barbarian to drop some of the CDR rolls.

C group

Relentless is a niche passive, that works decent during 1-70 leveling in hardcore, and it’s pretty decent for the first paragon levels. Later in season this passive loses all it’s valor, IMO is not a bad passive but need better numbers, it should be triggered at 50% instead of 35%.

Though as Nails is a passive that enables our thorn frenzy build (which is weak atm), and offer some layers of defense too, imo this passive has to be changed to 200% thorns and 40% more defense.

Sword and Broad, the idea of this passive is “enable” barb builds that use a shield, sadly shields in d3 are weak and this passive is bad too, wearing a shield means you lose a lot of damage so IMO this passive needs better numbers. Damage reduction should be 50% and RCR 40%.

Earthen Might is a passive that fills a lot of resource, and overall i think is not bad, imo they should add 30% EQ damage to this passive.

Weapon Master this passive is just bad, the only good part of this passive is the 2 fury per hit if you are using mighty weapons, if you are using any other kind of weapon this passive it’s just terrible. IMO all effects should be active no matter which weapon you are used (Barbarian lore says that barbs are seasoned brutal warriors that are expert in all weapons)

Unforgiving is passive that helps a lot builds that use a lot of fury early season, IMO this passive needs better numbers. I think 5 fury per second could work.

F Group :man_facepalming:

We reached the F group… the passives in this group are 100% garbage and is a shame for barbarian to have them… they are the weakest passives in the entire game :man_facepalming:

Superstition is a passive that is 100% useless, it’s a poor man version of esoteric alteration and it’s super outdated and useless… imo they should increase the number to 35% elemental damage reduction and remove the fury regeneration part and change it to 150 all resist.

Juggernaut is just a terrible passive, the reduced control impairing thing it’s just terrible, considering that WOTB gives us 100% resistance to CC… the healing it’s weak and super situational… This passive is that terrible that i think they have to change the entire passive…
IMO a good idea could be “gain 30% melee and ranged damage reduction”

Animosity is terrible, the only good effect is adding more fury for builder toss… this passive needs a complete rework.

I don’t think they will ever change or rework passive skills. The best bet we can take is they change or buff outdated legendaries and set items.

Do not agree on this one… Superstition gives some toughness and still gives good fury regen. I remember running it on my Phys Slam, sometimes I stood on lava and acid pools voluntarily and the fury globe filled fast as hell, which helped me Slam harder (Rumble rune), more frequently and even helped with cooldown on Leap due to fury dump.

Almost every single barbarian build uses band of might, which is 80% DR, damage reduction has diminishings returns, so when you are under the effects of band of might + superstition all you get is 84% elemental damage reduction.
4% more elemental damage reduction means nothing, and about the fury part i don’t think it’s relevant at all, considering that barbarian generates fury when hit even without the passive (if i don’t remember bad it’s like 0.5 - 1 % fury per 1% life lost)