2.6.6 - Captain Crimson and Akkhan Set Synergy

I tested Roland+ Captain Crimson’s more and it looks like best option right now for Roland. Benefits from this mix is…I can give up Zodiak and add more damage. But real benefit are other: incredible high cool down (mix set is forcing to use cool down on items which cause more damage + more mobility) and Wrath Cost reduction.
This situation It allow (with a little bit tweak) use in single game Laws of Valor with 50% critics.
Of course we get two gaps: no 100% up-link Champion and Wrath return problem with single target. First is not so annoying, second not disturbing - is always good probability to get Guardian Rift with mobs.

Well if you are using Rorg for Captain’s, why would you not just use 5 piece of ahkan and use another piece of gear to compensate for loss of CoE? Flavor of time maybe, or Andariels for 20% extra Holy damge which has 100% uptime? Could use Warhelm of Kassar and make pony or pet build viable with Ahkans maybe? IDK could be interesting, but probaly will need a buff on the Ahkan set to be competitive with Tier 1 GR pushing builds.

So with the new patch notes, I’m still scratching my head whether the Ahkkan 2-piece procs Capt Crimson or not. How are you guys reading the snap shotting part?

They never addressed if Akkhan 2p or Unstoppable Force were compatible, so i’m hoping they allowed it.

Well, I guess we’ll find out in a week, ha.

An update after the official patch. Capt Crimson is now multiplicative. I redid the numbers assuming Aughild is also multiplicative (unconfirmed).

Compared to the standard build, Crim / Aughild Condemn’s trash clearing does 11% more damage, and elite killing is 33% stronger. This is probably worth about 1-2 GRs, maybe even more with more daring pulls due to all of that RCR from the Akkhan 2pc set bonus and Unstoppable Force. (also confirmed to work).

Standard Condemn
Akkhan pieces: Shoulders, Helm, Chest, Gloves, Legs Amulet,
Rings: Focus, Restraint
Bracers: Strongarms
Helm: Leoric’s Crown
Cube: Furnace, Illusory, CoE

F&R: 2.25x
CoE: 1.5x
Additive DIBS: 1.45 (Skill %) + 1.3 (Strongarms) = 1.75x
Additive Elite: 1.5x (Furnace)
Total vs Reg = 5.9x
Total vs Elite = 8.9x

/====================================/

Crim / Aughild Condemn
Akkhan pieces: Helm, Chest, Gloves, Boots, Amulet,
Crimson Pieces: Belt, Legs
Aughild Pieces: Wrist, Shoulders
Cube: Furnace, Illusory, RoRG

Additive DIBS: 1.45 (Skill %) = 1.45x
Crimson 3pc: 1.56x
Aughild 2pc: 1.3x
Additive Elite: 1.5 (Furnace) + 1.3 (Aughild) = 1.8x
Total vs Reg = 6.6x
Total vs Elite = 11.9x

Crimson Condemn
Akkhan pieces: Helm, Shoulders, Chest, Boots, Gloves, Amulet,

Total vs Reg = 6.14x
Total vs Elite = 9.21x

Aughild Condemn
Akkhan pieces: Helm, Legs, Gloves, Boots, Amulet,
Aughild Pieces: Shoulders, Chest

Aughild 2pc: 1.3x
Additive Elite: 1.5 (Furnace) + 1.3 (Aughild) = 1.8x
Total vs Reg = ‭5.1x
Total vs Elite = 9.2x

EW Crimson Condemn
Akkhan pieces: Helm, Shoulders, Chest, Boots, Gloves
Rings: CoE, Compass Rose
Amulet: Traveler’s Pledge
Cube: Furnace, Stone Gaunts, RoRG

EW: 2.0x
CoE: 1.5x (can be more)
Total vs Reg = 8.2x
Total vs Elite = 12.3x

6 Likes

Dmkt, you’re doing God’s work. I wish I could give more upvotes. I just played around with Crim/Aug and the dmg reduction is no joke.

2 Likes

Haha, no problem! Hebalon confirmed that Crimson was multiplicative, so kudos to him.

Try the endless walk version, put Stone Gaunts in cube, and then use the Iron Skin:Flash rune to move through mobs. I use it only to move into new oculus rings and to free myself if stuck. This one variant is …so tanky… You take baby steps to trigger strongarms while not wrecking your endless walk bonus.

Not that it’s gonna change much, but you should also take Holy Cause into account regarding DIBS.

It’s also worth mentioning that with the extra toughness boost from CC/Aughild, we don’t need Esoteric Alteration gem anymore and it can be replaced with Gogok or BotP.

I would recommend crafting Aughild chest instead of shoulders if you already have good Akkhan shoulders because it’s generally easier to roll a good chest.

I dropped holy cause for long arm, wanted to ensure near fulltime unstoppable, I did go with indestructible as fallback, but not really needed. I kept eso for comparison, but yeah, change that out with any of the F&R versions.

Yeah, I went for BotP, it really packs a punch with this combo. Plus I’m near immortal without actually sacrificing any damage. Atm at 93% elite damage due to this.

I wouldn’t drop Holy Cause because it provides the healing needed for Akkhan Condemn. Indestructible on the other hand is a passive that I rarely use.

The ratio of trash vs elite damage is important too, I noticed this on other builds --more half dead elites are skipped because the trash is gone. I believe the life bars on blues and yellows would be 19% lower in the Aughild setup, and even more with BotP.

For this build, a bigger spread is preferred, so long as the base damage isn’t compromised too much.

It’s not comprised, in fact it’s increased due to botp’s effect after killing an elite, that’s another 20% damage on everything.

Yes, I meant compromised in like… Don’t socket a diamond in your weapon just to increase the ratio. (Hunter will laugh at that one) Your choice of BotP is sound, I’d wear that too.

For science! :sunglasses:

Edit: Btw, I think Gogok shouldn’t be underestimated because it allows CDR to be replaced with AD, although it’s weaker on RG than BotP.

1 Like

You are wearing both Akkhan helmet and Leoric’s Crown?

1 Like

Oop, let me remove Leoric’s crown.

Do you see/notice the damage increase via CDR with Crimson set while using Akkhan? I tested Crimsons with Invoker and there was no damage increase at all. Maybe its about Invoker’s Thorns damage application. I even posted a bug report about that.

You do not see Crimson’s damage bonus.

It’s like Roland’s 4-piece or Seeker’s 6-piece. The bonuses are multiplicative and do not show.