[2.6.6] Builds + S18 Starter Guide

I beg, pleaded, cajoled and negotiated with them to give us a consistent way of to get LoD early. They wouldn’t budge. I can’t believe it. It’s so obvious. Let the people play the way they WANT to. Kill Diablo on Torment 1, get guaranteed LoD gem.

Blizzard, man.

1 Like

I agree Venaliter, removing some (but perhaps not all) of the RNG associated with acquiring the LoD gem could be beneficial and make an LoD start worthwhile.

Assuming the gem is being premiered as a random acquisition, it might only be worth going after (for a speedy start) if the Haedrig’s starter is very poor that particular season.

Perhaps we could see changes to this in the future. All we can do is keep giving feedback.

Firebird’s, anyone? I really hate the Firebird’s start.

Regarding the aquisition, I would be happy if they replaced that dumb BotP gem. I don’t like it and being forced to upgrade it as my first gem every season is annoying. As such I would be happy if I could choose my first gem when talking with Urshi for the first time.

But hoping for that is pointless. Same as the rank 99 issue with this gem. If they introduce it with 99 ranks, then will stay that way for good - as moronic as that decision may be… :frowning:

Hey! I LIKE Firebirds. I want single element builds to be a thing. I just need Firebirds not to suck :frowning:

As a question, what are the most efficient bounty torment to start? Is it still t6-t7?

Given the 100% item cache drop chance on T6 and the increased materials from T7, yes, those would be pretty efficient.

I would want to keep it quick though, err on the side of quicker runs.

I would aim for T6, assuming you have the Chantodo’s set, Swami, and MSR. It shouldn’t be slow at that level, but if it is, you can always decrease level more.

Wish someone made such a detailed S18 starter guide for Demon Hunters too…

Impale. And you’re done :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Prefer UE Multishot, don’t like the Impale play style…

“Upgrade rare level 70 two handed axe. If you have received the Messersmidt’s reaver, grats!” - from guide. Is not better to upgrade 1H Wand? 3/10 (30%) wands multiply damage to skills, Messersmidt’s reaver is one of 4 two H Axe (25%).

I think it’s about probability. There is a 1/4 chance you get the right weapon with two handed axes. If you upgrade wands, there is like a 1/10 chance of getting a Chants Wand, (for the Archon build, plus you’d need the source.)

Yes, the raw chance will be lower to get an MSR (two handed axe) vs a wand. However, MSR’s synergy with archon make it incredibly useful for leveling and early progression. As I said before, this is the high risk, high reward leveling option. :grinning:

Also consider that only two of the wands offer good multipliers (Woh/Unstable), and one of them drops fairly often while leveling (unstable scepter). Chantodo’s Will would be really useful to have for later, but isn’t really helpful for leveling. Fragment of Destiny is fairly good for use with DMO, but otherwise, not as helpful as the others.

I think we should note wands would be safer, because then we’re talking like 5/10 if your build is flexible. Still a possibility of rolling snake eyes with Gesture, Starfire, Slorak’s or one of the others, but it’s better than a 75% failure rate with two handed axes.

one last thing to note, Mr Schmidt’s reaver drops fairly often while leveling too.

Hey Cratic, thank you so much for this post and video guide!

Is it possibly better/safer to not spend 25 dbs on upgrade rare, and you could use it for potentially 3 cubed items while leveling? (maybe also getting a messerschmidt drop naturally during leveling)

Hi chopin, I think the key point here is that this particular build only needs two items to be really effective while leveling, and one of them can be worn.

I think the upgrade rare is worth going after in this case, even if you decide on wands, and not two hand axes, like I’ll be doing.

Getting MSR while leveling after having upgraded it from a rare two hand axe might feel bad, yes, but at least you would have gotten it. In my playtest leveling to 60, I got an executioner while leveling, but not the MSR, so it really is pretty random on the drops while leveling, same as with upgrading rare. The idea was to both increase chances of getting the item, and increase chances of being able to use it earlier in the leveling process.

1 Like

thank you for this guide! I currently am running the starter DMO set with the frost orb build to help gather the Vyr set. Which of the guide’s Vyr stages will be stronger? Just want to understand when I should go from DMO to one of your stages. I do not have much gear besides the DMO set and Triumvirate Orb.

If I already had a DMO Frozen orb or EB build up and running, I’d switch over as soon as I could get 6 piece Vyr, Chantodo set, Swami, Fazula, and either: Zodiac or MSR.

If you are coming from DMO you can take a look at the TXVI nephalem rifting builds on the spreadsheet, I’d configure one of those.

1 Like

Is Vyr Chantodo the best solo GR farmer right now? Exp/hour wise…

Probably. If not it’s as close as no difference.