2.6.6 and Barbs: A Measured Response

The part that gets me grinding is that it would be so simple to fix. They dont have to redo the entire class. Proposal #1 is so simple to implement into the game. Absolutely no risk of bugs or problems, it is literally just a change of numbers.

1 Like

Improved echoing fury: While 2 or more enemies do not die within a range of 3 seconds, add 15% attack speed e the other bonus of movements every 0.5 seconds. (accumulates up to 5 times).

Blizzard please…

1 Like

Maybe cuz the community manager pressed the nuke button. Nuke every posts from Free.

This is a kind of, so called, crowds control.

D u remember the April fool’s joke in last year Blizzcon?

I think “top” posts are cycled out based on time.

That and activity. Not a huge deal. I’m talking directly with Nev at present.

So much wackiness in this patch. EF’s attack speed modifier is its old attack speed property packaged as a leg affix. It was slowly erased from the game starting before Loot 2.0. The damage bonuses from Crimson and Aughild are additive. Squirt’s is a ramp-up mechanic over 12 seconds, 2 seconds of which are nothing, and the DR part is bugged to work with shields (such as the one granted by Gizzard). Most of this info comes from Cratic’s Wizard thread.

These new items are an absolute mess. And yet, for Barbs, all they had to do was our List 1 fixes and BOOM. We would have been happy.

A few weeks ago, I had high hopes for 2.6.6. Now it looks like a disaster.

7 Likes

Same.

List 1 was so simple, so easy to implement. Would have made Barbs happy.

Sure, it wouldn’t fix stuff like Rend or Avalanche, but it would have been a huge improvement over our current state.

3 Likes

Why don’t you try to get in touch with dev?

Someone know them? Nev or any other member of this community?

How hard would it be to make phone call at blizzard or a Email well done to a “some sort of manager” or try to pass through HR dept.

Have you thought about that Free?

To get to the bottom of something, it represents to involve time, and by all the efforts you already did, seems to me you got some… posts, website, playtime, replying… that would might same time.

Are you kidding? you’re kidding, right? We don’t even know for sure which team is working on Diablo 3, although we suspect it’s the classic team or some kind of intern. Either way, they don’t play Diablo 3 and have no idea what to do.

You know who I really miss? John Yang. Dude played Diablo, and you knew it.

2 Likes

u know what nev replied to Free.

“NO NEED”

WTF No need. While Free and barb community tried hard to commute with devs, they said, shut up.

That is why I am so angry!

4 Likes

Sometimes I believe that the guys who has created the cool suggestions (with pictures) to balance charakters as help for the devs in that forum, invest more time as the devs for creating the patch! …this is a shame :expressionless:

But all we can do is…I know its not the answer the most are like…to quite the game and search an other publisher which like and hear to their fans :man_shrugging:

Barb power :fist:

Sometimes I legitimately wonder how much time is put into most of these updates, especially when we’re told boiler plate generic responses like “there wasn’t time to look at Barbarian these last several patches”

Because there’s no way changing numbers can take that long… not if you’re an experience programmer and know the game anyways.

7 Likes

Cannot like this post enough. Exactly the way I feel.

Jesus, my WW Barb feels like a glass canon, but without the canon part.
It is a sad state of affairs when my demon hunter and my wizard are 10 times tankier than my melee barb…
Sure I am not a good Barb and I do not have top gear but if it feels like a struggle playing now.

8 Likes

I agree with the OP, I really haven’t played Barb since ROS release (I mean putting in time like the other classes). Not enough to keep up with the META playing in pubs unless zdps, give the Barb some updates that can be used!!!

2 Likes

Honestly, I expected nothing from this new patch. And I admire your work with the community for barbs, and your tenacity.

But, if we really look at it, no class got really buffed here, or get some new builds possibilities.
I did’nt understand the direction they took on this patch. It doesn’t match the actual state of the game, where unique skills legendary dominate leaderboards and gears, and they will again. The last PTR was directing toward more buffs on skills or ex-popular builds.

They just had to tweak some legendaries/skills numbers to allow new builds, it was a simple solution for some build diversity. As I said on another post, I don’t think they play/test their own game.

I think we can only wait the famous “Blog” Nev talked about, to see what’s happening behind the scenes. It’s just confusion and “We hear you” right now.

Just cruising by to show support, I am beyond speechless to be honest.

How is this actually happening? We have been always extremely straight forward on PTR’s, me and Free particularly have had one of the highest upvoted threads out there filled with calculations and suggestions that we collected from our class forum on daily basis. This round work that Rage, Free and others have done is above and beyond, and despite clear promise of significant work on our class Barbs got nothing. Literally. I was really hoping for something to bring me back to the game (didn’t really play for about a year now) but this isn’t even nearly enough for me.

Also, there is couple things you may wanna revised on your excellent recollection of previous patches. Firstly, Hota Birthright change was not a “rework”, it was a nerf dictated by Twister Wiz and it’s overpowered performance, and nerf to IP mob rule and and Falter were done based on same reasoning. Basically someone there was and is making class wide adjustments based on his vision of Barb being a cheerleader with Pom-poms. Just like outlier clears cannot be a real base for class balance, Barb as zdps cannot be a base for solo play performance.

For years we tried to improve our class, for years we have been providing meaningful feedback, calculations and simple solutions to complicated issues. Ever since John Yang left, these things fall on deaf ears it seems.

11 Likes

Seems like it’s too easy to write “we hear you” and “we are not done with Barbarians”. Rather slap to the face…

1 Like

Great proposal, well written response.

That said - why not try playing another class until Blizz finally makes Barbarians into what you deem they should be? This is starting to feel like a big whinge to be honest. It’s a bit cringe worthy.

But hey, good luck to you and your fellow die hard barb friends.

1 Like

Indeed, bud. Another patch of coal in the stocking.

We do. But when your favorite class is, year after year, given the shaft, it starts to feel like a bee sting that won’t go away. What’s more, they say they’re listening, but then this happens. So who are they listening to?

I definitely wouldn’t call this a whinge, not when it’s been an ongoing problem for years. Maybe you’re comfortable taking table scraps, but the same can’t be said for all of us.

2 Likes

Fair enough. I appreciate your perspective. Thanks for the response :slight_smile: