2.6.6 and Barbs: A Measured Response

Hindsight is 20/20. The buffs due to new items were marginally good, not great (see below).

Update: Checked Free’s profile, he is currently using on his WW barb: Mortick’s bracers, the new Flavor of Time Amulet, the new Echoing Fury (cubed), and 2-piece Crimson Set.

Congratulations on getting to TL3 by the way.

This theory crafting has been shown to be wrong.
FoT is best in slot for some builds rather than what was claimed that its sole utility possibly was for zDPS monk.
Additional new patch 2.6.6 items Squirts, Echoing Fury, and Capptain Crimsons are also used in the top 100.

Mortick’s Bracers is widely used at the top of the leaderboard.

This is misleading.

The key thing is the restricted definition of meaningful buff that follows. Using this criteria, nothing in list 1 is “meaningful” given simple number changes/DPS buffs are not considered meaningful.

5 Likes

I was a bit scared that somehow the last thread got removed, “Message from barbs: do not nerf rend”, is that thread still up? or is this a repost/renaming of that thread? And d3 is at the point where even “mediocre” necro builds far outclass barb builds in both speed and pushing variants, if blizzard wants to “Argue” that ww rend isn’t skillful i don’t think LON necro mage could even be on the board then… Point is, i enjoy necro builds, mage builds, dh, builds, etc. I’ve played every class and my first class was the barb, and it will always be my favourite. Something about the brute toughness and damage of the barb’s playstyle is very enjoyable and many people believe the same. I hope they revert the nerfs, it’s really a huge step in blizzard’s statements about “listening to the community”, and if they don’t here, i don’t think there’s much hope for d4. D3 is an old game (still very enjoyable) so the leaderboards are matched by a few people who play consistently still and have reached those levels of para. Trust me, bringing this buff out will not allow an 800 paragon to clear a 140, a 130, or even a 120, time and dedication are still required.

Locked for 24 hours due to a high number of flags, most likely from Brahmaparusha’s twitchy followers.

New one here

2 Likes

Noo. Dont name. The one who should not be named. You will hurt yourself only. Lets call everybody who we dont want to name cookie or voldemortgage or smt

3 Likes

How balancing items in D3 RoS looks like…

and how they “Heard Barbs War Cry”…

18 Likes

Frustration is justified.

If Blizzard would refrain from making a pretense of being open to community input/feedback, barbarians might not be in this situation of feeling betrayed, repeatedly.

The messaging from Blizzard seems to be that of amused condescension, disregard or just plain contempt.

2 Likes

Well, i’m not quite sure that diablo is progressing anything where they need to be. Nev just made a post about how and why they removed the lamentation buff in which she claimed, “a small part of the build”, when in fact losing 3x damage multiplier (100% damage is effectively x2 your original damage, 200% is actually x3 your original damage), and claimed that it’s alright because barb will be focused on in the future! How out of touch with reality blizzard is never amazes me, with projects like diablo immortal that will fail miserably among actual blizzard players, Hello look at the cinematics,polls,etc., as well as how everyone was hyped up to play barb again and then we get, “no it’s alright give it another 6 months to a year and we’ll LOOK at how barb is doing”, it’s completely pathetic, I can’t even manage to be constructive at this point. After creating and replying to reddit posts, blizzard posts, offering true numbers, values ,details, and blizzard is too heavy headed to just revert the buff back. I’m done with them. I won’t even be purchasing diablo 4, there are plenty of games out like path of exile and other mmorpgs that can be played with developers that say they care, and then do. It’s so sad that Nev is acting like this singular change( among the tens of set reworks, item changes, legendary reworks, etc.) Is just too much for them to handle right now, and it might be for nev alone, this is a lot to be done for one CM i get that, but blizzard has well enough means to hire another CM, or even part time employee that works 40 hours a few weeks before and after a season ends, so in the end it lies on blizzard ultimately. they had all of this fleshed out on ptr, made revisions increasing crusader and monk set(Good, I don’t even main those two classes but now I will try them next season), and that’s the point. d3 is not a top tier-populated game anymore blizzard. The people that play it play because you’ve taken near a decade to release the next diablo and have created a petty mobile game among the whole ordeal and more money grabbing tactics. Blizzard is insanely well off, I understand business, become profitable. But when your profit comes from pleasing consumers and customers, you better do that, and do it correctly. Because unlike a service, if my pipes break, I NEED that fixed. Sure, I have plenty of different plumbers,etc. that I can call with different rates, skill,etc. but at the end of the day that is a necessity. I do not NEED to play diablo 3, I do not NEED to play diablo 4. There are hundreds of well created games, with developers who not only get it on the first few tries, but will try endlessly to appease their consumers until they do. That is because we buy the games, blizzard. WE pay your bills blizzard. Without consumers, this company is nothing, it is 0. It sounds harsh but business is harsh, and when you continuously spit in your consumers’ faces with simple requests that were initially even brought in, what more do you expect? Do you really think, blizzard, that telling us to wait a few seasons, 6 months to a year, in order to see more changes for barb that somehow that does justice to not listening to an overwhelming community reaction? Look at the threads blizzard, the rend revert had more postings, views, and likes compared to your diablo 4 feedback! If that doesn’t tell you something, you need to sell the company and quit while you’re ahead. We’re not asking to make another set of barb, sure it would be nice. But we’re not asking for it. There were 2 new sets created for crusader and monk, we were not asking for that. We were simply asking to keep the initial buffs you proposed, and not unreasonably!! This Is what is so upsetting, blizzard. You are acting as if this lamentation buff put barbs past the already strong DH,WD,NECRO,WIZARD classes? Look at the data, you seem to support the fact that you analyze data and this was an analytical change. It was not, and even speaking about this feels like beating a dead horse. But you will realize soon, the beauty of capitalism, the reason you have made so much money, is the power of choices. If one producer has a better product for the same or cheaper value, the people will eventually go towards that. And with the terrible timing of immortal, and these ridiculous statements about barbarian when we asked to add in one multiplier that you already had, to no avail shows blizzard consumers that diablo is a dying franchise. If you can’t even listen to us for diablo 3, a 7 year old game, why do you even ask for feedback for diablo 4? Show good faith and learn your consumer base. I don’t mean to be so harsh but it’s really tiresome to have blizzard throw away their appreciation for their consumers. It’s sad to see how it will be the downfall of their company, and it’s sad because I do enjoy diablo, I love the game. But i’m growing to only be disappointed with their poor decisions. A fun game destroyed by their creators…

12 Likes

KEEP THE THREAD ALIVE BARBS!!! KEEP IT THE TALK OF D3 UNTIL IT IS REVERTED. I want to say first off, i appreiate blizzard’s acknowledgement and trial of trying to buff outdated and compartiviely weak classes. I truly do. After feeling the rend barb live after ptr today and yesterday, it does feel stronger. However, the cap comes very quick. What has happened is rather than making a true competitive build that can push 120-130s for speed and compare with rat runs. We have gotten a fun, t16 clearer that is 10 grs (or more) behind any of the current leaderboards, with people participating at 7-8k para. Barb has been shown some love with seismic slam. It was not enough. The blizzard community have been trying, and once again i am gracious for them acknowledging where there needs to be change, but now they need to make it happen. We need lamentation back, and with 125 % at the very least, if not the initial 200%. barb will stay underpowered and mediocre at best. Please Blizzard, make your attempts a reality and revert the nerf. It is one item that the community wants.

1 Like

Blizz just acts like they listen to the community, but don’t worry, those are just lies to keep your hopes up. Earlier you learn of the truth, the better.

1 Like

Well
… i see buddhist monk with mantras, healing party members and providing support, that’s OK
… i see crafty but physicaly weak magician throwing sky itself on enemies, protected by party, that’s OK
… i see wall of muscles - barb, used as sheppard dog to herd mobs like sheeps, running like Flash, despite his huge build and gray hair :smiley: That’s…weird

3 Likes

Lots break up that post…brain hurt.

Focus on d4 blizz. D3 has had its day.,well 365x7 more then a day :slight_smile: Its time.

No
You’re wrong
D3 is all that matters right now

I would disagree, but to each his own. I still enjoy the game seasons. new would be better though by long shot.

Since posting things for Neva to read has accomplished nothing, perhaps the phone call route is indeed the next step.

Glad you’re doing what you can to get the message trough :wink:

1 Like

Lol People are calling HR for balance patches? Man that is a desperation at a level that does not even make sense lol

2 Likes