2.6.6 and Barbs: A Measured Response

Somebody never heard of In-Geom. This is cute.

you don’t use ingeom in push-builds(!) and you often can’t even fit it in farm builds when playing barb…

4 Likes

Can we get back on track and to the subject?

He thinks barbs need more attention. What else is there to talk about. Move this to the barb community and let’s discuss something more interesting.

1 Like

Free is correct. Barbs do need attention as well as several other classes, most notably monks.

6 Likes

if it’s not interesting for you maybe you should leave to another part of the forum…
and it’s funny that you even ask why we think blizz should buff barbs - we’ve discussed that long ago in many threads but long story short barb is totally underperforming in solo-clears and only viable as support in grps never dps

we don’t say barb is the only class that has issues (monk and even crusader have too) but we started with barb because it has the most problems and is the main class for most of us

2 Likes

“Us” being people from the barb community. Please, give me more reasons to believe why this doesn’t belong in General.

it belongs in general because it was issued in regards to the new patch and as an example how the community could give general feedback to improve the game in future patches
and of course it has to be created by barb players, “us” it wouln’t make sense if players that have no clue what’s going on with barbs would create such a thread…it’s just isn’t directed only to barb players but to the community as a whole…as stated earlier

1 Like

So, ok hold on lemme get this straight.

1. Barb players know more about what changes a certain class “needs” to be better for the game as a whole than the creators. Ok LUL.

2. Barbs not getting not much love this patch has to do with what exactly other than, barbs not getting much love this patch. Once again, “whine whine buff barbs hew hew”.

3. The only community griping about barbs, is the barb community. Which I’m part of fyi, but you don’t see me in General discussing problems with their class, nor do you see other class communities in General discussing problems of their own. It’s just you attention seekers.

News Flash, you’re the only ones that care.

thx for stating that you don’t care so move along

the attention seekers are ppl like you, who don’t have an overview of the situation but claim they know everything about the other players and why they do stuff while insulting them at the same time

once again the only person whining is you we merely stating whats wrong with barb and our situation with 2.6.6 and the work between community and devs in mind

2 Likes

Bagboy, you seem to have only read 1% of the posts in regards to the situation of barbs that has been going on for years.

First of all, you come in here trolling Free of all people. That just about let’s everyone know you’ve never played barb and are unaware of just about everything there is to do with barb.

Free already put you in your place and you continue to troll for some reason. He pointed out that you needed context, but instead of reading anything, which clearly you haven’t, you attack him. Foolish indeed.

You are so late to the party, heard one statement and think you know the whole story. Have you read the barb proposal? Have you read blue posts from the last 6 months in regards to barbs? Have you read the information stating how we haven’t received any relevant balance update for years? Have you noticed how weak barb is compared to just about every other class?

At first it was impressive to see someone who could bend that much, but it’s time you take you head out of your butt.

2 Likes

Barb was Jay Wilson’s favorite class, he made them pretty OP in Vanilla. Seems like Blizz took all his mistakes out on Barb class making sure that never happens again :):smirk:. Well the succeeded lol. Changes will be made, but im not sure we will have to much input. Blizz does what they figure is best.

1 Like

I love keyboard warriors. If you have nothing constructive to contribute to the conversation other than be trolly and try to pick a fight move on bagboy.

You clearly haven’t read the proposal and if you have you truly don’t understand what is being proposed. Have a nice day.

2 Likes

There are many people better to troll then Free.

2 Likes

Why are ya’ll conversing with the troll?

Ignore the trolls. Don’t feed them.

If he doesn’t care about fixing Barbarians, then he shouldn’t be here. Don’t waste your time with him.

4 Likes

Thanks! I appreciate y’all’s support.

There are always going to be trolls who try to derail us, but time and again, the Barb community–and the community of allies to all classes–comes together to shut them down.

Keep up the good work!

5 Likes

Compared to other RGK classes I think Barbarian needs a long ranged nuke to be one or he needs a reliable movement skill to catch up with teleporting Rift Guardians. What are your ideas on the mindset of a RGK Barb? Stacking thorns synergy on passives and active skills? Long ranged loaded nukes?
A taunt like skill may prevent RG from getting away and focus on Barbarian may be? What are possible long ranged spells that Barbarians can sustain? If that is not an option can Charge be up to par to catch a Guardian getting away or Leap is better?

I doubt people are willing to replace a DH, 'sader, WD or Nec RGK with a Barbarian to watch them trying to catch up RG and losing focus momentarily. So if you people want to see him as a RGK, please specify which sorta roles he can fill up by comparing him to other RGK role models.

Also for WotW Set, I don’t expect any worthy updates on them as long as they possess two tickrate based skills. What about completely replacing Rend with a burst damage ability? So, WW- Dust Devils can remain untouched or at least buffed significantly without worries. I think Rend should be carried to another spec or left for the prudence of the Barbarian players for a while.

I think I’ll regret this post but whatever.

Damn straight, sister, because it’s a well-known and evident fact that the “creators” don’t even play their own game.

So, the players who have been playing said game for years are far more qualified to tell you what works and what needs to go.

4 Likes

YAY! You’re awesome Nev :slight_smile:

Absolutely, mah dude. Absolutely.

Yeah, I got a good chuckle out of the In-geom comment and the other bits about this not being an issue that connects to the larger community. Ah well. The folks who get it get it.

6 Likes