2.6.6 and Barbs: A Measured Response

I think I’d like to be the spokes person.

2 Likes

When I build my new comp, I’d like to do off-meta groups. If you’re interested, let me know.

I’m talking fairly easy stuff, speed 100-110s.

This is what I chose to do a long time ago.

A number of reasons why, but the most important is that I just want to play to have fun. Being forced to play a certain way in a group to meet expectations is not fun.

This is a game and it is meant to be fun.

I understand people’s competitive wish. Heck, I used to play first person shooters until the first publicly available aimbot came out. Since then, I have seen so many people start to use them and claim they are necessary now.

It stopped being fun.

1 Like

For sure.

Sillydeal and I used to do that a lot back in the day. He’d go SlamQuake, I’d go HOTA or maybe even Sader. Was lots of fun tbh everyone just smashing stuff.

1 Like

Possibly. I’m not sure if I’m even going to play S18. The Theme looks super lackluster and I’m kind of tired of other classes. I’ve already done Monk, DH, and Sader. I’ve tried WD twice and didn’t like him. I tried wizard once and really hated it.

Looks like Diablo is added to the list that I check back every patch to see if they’ve balanced barb yet.

3 Likes

I think you’re putting a lot more thought into this than they’ll ever put into anything. At 5pm, they go home and the few that are still gamers are probably playing some indie Steam game.

3 Likes

I normally avoid Seasons because I can’t commit to nightly sessions and will fall behind a group. Usually just play NS but might change it up.

Prob won’t have a computer ready until mid-August or Sept.

2 Likes

I usually just get my seasonal rewards and bounce. Whether it be the stash tab or the cosmetic. Usually only requires ~600 paragon to finish season journey in my experience. And depending on your item luck, could be quicker.

I always play seasons cause I love leveling up in a group and gearing back out again. I have a full time job, a wife and a child so I can’t ever commit to a full time group nor do I know I won’t ever be top 10 leaderboard but I play at my pace and enjoy it. I play a couple hours a night if that and still love this game despite our class not getting the dps love it needs. I don’t mind playing zbarb for rats or off meta runs and love getting a compliment at the end of a pub session of “man great pull barbing” and you get a friend request from everyone in the group. For me thats what its all about…doing my job in a group and doing it well.

2 Likes

I guess given that the PTR is over, no need to hold our breaths. It seems Barbs are getting shafted…again. Playing barb was so frustrating that I had to switch over to Crusader mid-season…and it seems I won’t be going back for quite some time.

If I’m able to get a PC built in time, maybe you, me, and Jako can group in season and do off meta stuff.

1 Like

Let me know bud. I’m always down to run whatever. I always keep stuff to play any major barb build just in case.

Speaking of I need to prep for end of season offload to inventory.

Barbarian is fine

Everything is fine

We have always been at peace with Activision Blizzard

meanwhile everything is on fire outside

:fire: :fire: :fire:

3 Likes

One + Nine + Eight + Four

4 Likes

Certainly seems that way.

I typically play solo because of my schedule and lack of interest in META play. I did have a blast HotA smashing in groups for those few weeks in season 4 though…

My playtime is low enough I also only season to get stash tabs, then head back to NS. Being so casual, it sucks losing all my progress and never getting to enjoy what I grind out…

This season I have only the augment left for stash tab and have been going crazy worried about getting enough flawless royal rubies… Because in my head I needed 9 and not 3! Excited to sign on tonight after work and get my stash tab just before season closes!

1 Like

Lack of interest in the META is also my reason for playing relatively little D3.
Literally 100% of all my personal favorite builds that I like to play are NOT supported by a 6 piece set.

1 Like

I’m pretty much the opposite: I never play Seasons because I don’t have the time to re-gear. I find the 1-70 experience to be frustrating and tedious, and I hate not having the items I need to complete a build. In a weird way, I like Diablo 3 best when I can skip all the gearing and other bits and just get right to farming mats, keys, and pushing.

3 Likes

I’m the polar opposite. I really enjoy the leveling and gearing up process - feeling my character grow in power. Once the grind begins and gear upgrades start to become less frequent, the game starts to feel very boring (for me). There is zero appeal for me in pushing GR numbers. I guess that’s why I like to play so many different characters and builds.

4 Likes