2.6.6 and Barbs: A Measured Response

For me personally the 50% additional damage reduction and a decent amount of additional recovery is definitely worth considering to give up the Magefist, but I have to say that I personally prefer a bit more defense than offense.

2 Likes

The problem with Lut Socks is Earthquake dosen’t work without them, and Lut Socks doesn’t work without MotE. At least imo.

I like how they buff Earthquake without simply being a ×××% multiplier, but I ono. I’ve always agreed they need to be a part of MotE off the bat.

Like some people are saying Stone Gauntlets could be a good item for LeapQuake in 2.6.6, but I strongly disagree because you can’t drop Lut Socks for them. That’s too much of a DPS loss in their current design. Maybe you could wear RoRG and use both but then you’re losing a valuable ring slot whether it be FnR or CoE. And ultimately you should probably just use BoM anyways if you need the defense. Guaranteed 80% DR every Leap. No need to build stacks.

But anyways. I would argue Lut Socks are a great item. But because they’re so specific and so great they lock LeapQuake builds into using them and really stifles your ability to use other items.

By the way, it is possible to make an EQ build without lut socks: with enough cooldown and lightning EQ, you can make a much tougher and higher dps leap quake. Although, it is very clunky and require a well executed keyboard sequence (with Leoric in cube,
https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Prokahn-1764/hero/75666493

Maybe try this one with Crimson ?

1 Like

I mean, there are other ways obviously.

But I think if you want a build that specializes in Earthquake and MotE specifically, you do need Lut Socks. You’re losing two EQs every cycle even though you get more cycles due to try for more CDR and what not.

With the cast animation time of leap, it’s maybe not that true.

With a high CDR build, it will make a rotation with a leap, the two shouts, earthquake (on a short CD in Lightning) and the dump fury of seismic slam. Have to see if there is enough CDR to maintain it.

In the other hand, with high CDR rolls, you already have overlaps on the Luts socks version

For whatever it’s worth, I did a little testing of EQ 6pc and Cap Crimson’s.

I cleared GR 100 with 2 minutes to spare.

I didn’t get to test it as thoroughly as I would have liked, but I think there might be something here.

I’m not to happy on the feedback from Blizzard about Barbs yet. Unless there is a miracle I have a feeling it will be a DH if I even want to play another season.

1 Like

Season 17 = new updated legendaries for several classes, we speak about stuff they did 3 months ago…

Yes, that is my take also. I played PTR and fooled around with Mortic’s bracers a little but looks like DH for next season. Mortic’s just wasn’t enough.

One good thing. Barb has had a spot in the 4 man meta for as long as i can remember. But i don`t play meta since i like solo ww. Or use to like 3 years ago
Pushed a 101 on 266 ptr . Which is low compared to other classes but i was happy enuff to make a ww barb comin up patch. Damage dropped off drastic at 100.

Micro, it’s been proven to you multiple times now. Please listen and read carefully.

This is what Ulmaguest wrote. He’s formally known as Archael. A top tier player with over 9k paragon.

• Demon Hunters can comfortably kill rift guardians all the way up to GR 150. Demon Hunters have the option of DPS in solo or in groups. With a Znec or with pylons a DH can pull off 3 min kills on 150. I mean… that’s amazing.
  • Crusader can comfortably kill rift guardians all the way up to GR 150 with TWO builds, Invoker and Heaven’s Fury. Are they widely used? No, but they work. Look at the Seasonal 4p leaderboard right now. Rank 37 is a 150 clear in 9 minutes with a Heaven’s Fury crusader and Znec support.
  • WD can also kill RGs all the way up to 150. They’re not as good as other options but they work.

So… yeah sorry not buying this whole meta argument

Face it. Barbs are broken and only “relevant” due to accidental mechanics and buggy wall charge builds. Same goes for Monks but at-least their solo builds don’t rely on bugs.

1 Like

Reading this post made me so sad. Barb used to be my main, but the lack of love for this class has made me jump ship. And now I’m jumping ship on the whole game.

Seriously If I hear this one more time, I will lose it… Enough with the “part in META” excuse… Wizards have been part of it and buffed as hell.

6 Likes

Yep, some of us just don’t like running around poking stuff with a stick so the person to our left can kill it!

1 Like

Agreed.

Micro, give it a rest.

Want other classes to have more group options?

Organize community efforts and come up with coherent, well-designed ideas like we did. If you’re not going to do that, drop it. Being a part of the meta has nothing to do with whether a class needs buffs or not. I know you’re advocating for Barb buffs, but the constant reiteration of “But Barbs have been in the meta…” is starting to sound dangerously like, “…so nerf their group capabilities.”

And that’s not okay. Even if that’s not your stance, there’s no point to reiterating the same tired facts about group metas.

6 Likes

BTW, y’all, here’s the Myth of Mortick’s:

Mortick’s Reintroduced

https://maotme-life.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/diablo-3-leveling-guide-awesome-d3-barbarian-fresh-level-70-guide-season-13-2-6-1-of-diablo-3-leveling-guide.jpg

OH BOY, ARREAT’S WAIL, GR 140 HERE I COME!!!

4 Likes

“But Barb has been part of the meta for years guys”

No one cares. Blizzard doesn’t intentionally design metas and many people don’t care about groups.

They could erase Zbarb tomorrow and the Barb class would still be broken. The meta is just a seperate and non relevant issue.

8 Likes

Very true.

It’s worth noting that many Barb mains play Monk in groups. Or, in the case of Arch, Wizard :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I used to play a support Monk for a few weeks… but then I realized I hated meta gameplay with a passion and would rather be at a low paragon with low gem levels than play that way.

Whatever happened to Play Your Way Thursday? I actually enjoyed that kind of stuff.

3 Likes