2.6.6 and Barbs: A Measured Response

Nice “summary”. It is shame they ruined the overall balance they achieved around S12 (2.6.1 I think).

3 Likes

I didn’t realize I was reading a research report when you said thread is up.

:heart:

Agreed on all fronts though as everyone can tell from my posts the last few days.

5 Likes

I havent played much for a year but man they ruined the balance very badly again. I hate it when someone keeps breaking stuff in my lab after rigorously fixing it again and again… It is tiring.

I think this calls for another era analysis (if there are enough barb player left lol)

4 Likes

I’ve stated this a lot these days.

Every class got something for Season 17. Everyone. But not Barbarians.

I don’t know anything about game developing. Changing stuff in game.
But… It wouldn’t require much to get something for Barbarians as well.

Something updated, a bit new. A buff of some sort. Something.

Getting an item that old, that has no new updates on it, it sounds like someone needed to go to work on a vacation day, slapped it on the pc for 10min. just to be able to get back home again as fast as possible.

No disrespect to the people working, it was a sarcastic remark. But man, I am so down after reading the patch notes, seeing all these people getting together and write some great stuff for the class they love and want to play.

Good reading Free. As always. I sincerly hope you and the others work here is being heard.

7 Likes

Barbs: we’re way behind all other classes. Here’s a detailed and well thought out proposal of how to fix us without breaking anything else or making us OP.
Devs: here’s a bracer that’s well out of date and will give you next to no benefit.

19 Likes

Want to throw this quote up btw because this response seems weird to me.

So many of the suggestions the Barbarian community is making are simple number changes on singular items that help only specific builds and that run no risk of interfering with each other.

I appreciate Nev communicating with us and hold no ill will towards her over our current predicament. She’s just the messenger and is in a very precarious position having to be our intermediary. But the lack of action regarding updating Barb’s supporting legendary items is so frustrating.

10 Likes

Well written and easy to understand even for devs who likely don’t play this game let alone the Barb class.

+10000

9 Likes

Agreed, mah dude.

I feel for Nev in this scenario. And I want to be clear that at no point should any of the disappointment we feel be directed toward her. She likely has many restrictions on what she can and cannot say, and regardless, her renewed presence on the forums is nothing but a good thing.

Still, I think what’s written above only reinforces the point we made with the proposal, which is that Barbs have, in fact, been left in the dust for a long time, and something’s got to give.

13 Likes

But they did so for every class except for Barbarians in season 17…

They all got buffs to some legendaries while we got nothing. And the only item we get, is not changed one bit…

It just disheartening.

4 Likes

Once again here for support !!

The thread, the text speaks for itself and our current state of affairs.

I am a potential MAU, (three accounts overall) yet every single patch moves my interest farther away.
And it’s not even because the lack of significant updates, its the disheartening feeling that whatever changes are made, they just lack a purpose, a second thought.

And a growing feeling that these devs are so proud that they’re unable to concede that players are rightfully correct about their suggestions.
I had hopes that the classic team were more passionate about the game.

But hey, we all have better things to do i guess.

Thanks for the effort everyone !!
Much respect where deserved.

6 Likes

And before anyone complains about ‘these disgruntled barbs’, i would love significant changes to Witch Docs and Crusaders.

I can’t really get my head around what they were thinking after coming up with that new Gargantuan affix, as nothing else is made to complement it.

Same issue as with Morticks and the crafted Sets updates … What’s the point?!

6 Likes

All classes need (or want) changes and fixes of course.

Hopefully those other classes understand Barbarian requests and proposals should have no bearing on their own classes since we never ask for nerfs to those classes or builds. We only ask for buffs and updates that would put us more in line with those other classes/builds.

9 Likes

Great summary!Like I said previously, I have no hope at all for Dev to make “Complicated updates”, but seriously refuse to just change some numbers? Sadly they will not enter the post and reply since this is a slap in the face. I do not think Nev’s Blog will help ease our pains, it is just another excuse of “no time to do”.

I even worried about they will remove the bracer we got in 2.6.6, since we are all yelling “the bracer is not a good update”. Waiting for every patch you listed since last two years have made me drive nuts and so sensitive…

3 Likes

Good job Free. Every day that goes by I get less hopeful, but would really have loved to see some buffs this time. I had believed again.

2 Likes

I would moderate your expectations. They did not even have time to introduce a new seasonal wing as a reward. As you can imagine, they could have taken a pre-existing wing and just recolored it.

8 Likes

Sadly expectations started last ptr when they said they didn’t have enough time to fix barbs.

3 Likes

Hope you guys get a fix. This is rediculous. I don’t really play Barbs, but as a Monk I sort of feel your pain.

7 Likes

Free my man that is a great summary and I wish I could click that heart more than once.

The picture painted aint pretty and It could be so easily addressed. Look at list 1 and go - yeah okay we’ll do it. ActiBlizz it aint that hard.

Flicking out Morticks and thinking we’ll be over the moon is just an example of how out of touch ActiBlizz is. If they actually played the game they would realize that this item is now past its best by date.

The biggest problem Barbs will always face is ActiBlizz devs see zBarbs in 4 man meta and think “yup Barbs in a good place and useful”. They don’t play their game, they don’t play Barbs and sadly they don’t listen to the player base. It’s a shame really.

+10000 to ya Free. I appreciate your endeavors. if I ever need a lawyer, I’m getting you on my side buddy :+1:

8 Likes

I read the 2.6.6 patch notes, had a brief look on the PTR (haven’t been back on for a couple of days due to the fact that there are 15+ minute queues to get in at all times of the day) and thought to myself… re-used S6 cosmetics, no new cosmetic for Guardian, the seasonal theme being poor (the circles last way too short a time and they drop nowhere near your hero and if your hero relies on movement they’ll never stay in one) and, yet again, Barbarians have another 3 months with nothing useful to play with.

I suspect I might well be doing Chapters 1-4 in S18 for the S6 cosmetics and then not bothering any further.

5 Likes

How to describe barb after morticks released/removed/re-released.

All barbs feel your pain Free!

5 Likes