1st time to play new; Firebird 6pc question

But you are using it… very much indeed! Via the insane damage that the images do. Your character has plenty to do teleporting into position, keeping up explosive blasts, bone chills, mirror images and channeling. So in a way it’s a blessing that there is one skill you don’t have to worry about.

Some other “tricks” that you may already know are that with teleport you can often make shortcuts in the game like jumping from low to high places (and vice versa) in order to skip stairs and jumping over some boundaries/obstacles if the distance is not too far and there is an open path connecting the points.
It’s also possible to keep the follower alive in GRs with esoteric and mutilation guard, amethyst in weapon etc if you use the enforcer gem on your hero, so that you’re not forced to only use the cannot die token on follower.

1 Like

Some choices of skills:
Should I take Magic Weapon Force Weapon for the +20% DPS?
Or should I take Frost Nova Bone Chill for the CC and +33% DPS?

In a long fight (especially against elites and RGs), Frost Nova no longer freezes; does that mean I dont get the +33% DPS?

I did some testing a few weeks ago and you get the damage bonus even when enemies are CC immune. They seemed to get the bonus for 2 seconds after being hit from Frost Nova: Bone Chill regardless of how long they were frozen for.

The freezes are also useful for keeping enemies near your Mirror Images, so the freezes have value beyond just the damage bonus.

If you were going to ditch Frost Nova, I’d take Magic Weapon: Deflection over Force Weapon. It’s 10% vs. 20% additive, but the shields will really help with survivability.

2 Likes

Another thing. If you have Elemental Exposure passive cold damage gives 5% more damage for 5 seconds.

2 Likes