1524 hours played of the season, 5000+ Paragon

Yep, 1524 hours played, 5200+ Paragon in 14 weeks
ZBARB and ZWD (didn’t even know that was a thing) top of leader-boards going higher than any DPS character out there and clearing the top GR. 150 SOLO

In the words of Frank Drebin standing in front of an exploding fuel tanker that’s just driven into a fireworks store…
“nothing to see here”

7 Likes

everyone should actually manage 150 as zDps. just look how the zBarb did it. the tactics are actually primitive.
i used to look at the statistics of different players in top10. many of them usually don’t play themselves either.

This was brought up weeks ago when the zDPS Barb first did a GR150 solo.
Remember, Blizzard’s official stance on this season’s theme is…

13 Likes

That’s like 15 hours a day every day. That is dedication. /wink

9 Likes

I believe this was a mistake… typo in fact, completely understandable, the word missing is NOT before ‘working’
In other instances typos have more severe consequences, such as leaving off the word DON’T… in front of ‘release the virus with the label bat virus’

2 Likes

“Nothing to see here”

Working as intended…

Anyway:

Don’t you guys have 20 hours to play a day…

13 Likes

LOL, Psotnick, nice sarcasm. Personally, I have a life and siting in front of a computer screen all day mindless grinding over and over is NOT something I can do for 20 hours a day. I doubt if they do either, wink, wink.

I believe instead of revering these people, we should feel a little sad for them. Achieving High Paragon and GR’s by cheating on a V-I-D-E-O game, makes them feel they accomplished something. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

10 Likes

Here is somebody talking about somebody’s Stats. That is really playing just as much as who he is talking about. What 2696 by Sept 8 in 8 weeks.

So you were sitting in front of the computer what 12 or 14 hrs a day too. #26 on the leader-board at 133.

Like I say too people do you have a life or sleep? OH that is right Diablo is their Life.

As He Said - “nothing to see here”

1 Like

that’s why this forum is so funny, people trying to make blizzard balance the game, while this game is full of bots, funny.

6 Likes

At risk of opening myself up to ridicule, I signed up for the forums to say this:
I believe I’ve clocked over 1000 hours this season, I am approaching 4000 paragon, I’ve never botted or used Turbo Hud (though I don’t judge those who do as harshly as people on here) & my highest clear is currently in the top 10 on solo Monk (dead leaderboards, I know.)

I’m a stage technician so work has been extremely sparse this year & I made the decision to go “all in” this season to see how far I could go. I see several posts on here accusing all the leaderboards to be filled with “botters & cheaters”, so I wanted offer myself as an example to contrary. Totally fair to say I don’t “have a life”, but know that doesn’t always equate to using illegitimate means. lol Thanks!

8 Likes

I had the season completed in two weeks, what is the point after that? I am not a GR fisher.

Please do not include anything like the mindless behavior called GR pushing in D4.

6 Likes

Most of us are not implying all the leader board spots are filled with cheaters, mostly just the top 10 and a big chunk of the top 100. Many of those spots are generally filled with players averaging 18 to 23.5 hours a day. Pretty sure no one loves this game that much to dedicated every waking hour for 3 straight months to it.

I hit in the 700s on the wd leader board last season averaging 3 hours a day, so it is definitely possible to hit the leader board with considered casual game play. Your averaging 10 hours a dayish which is totally reasonable during this pandemic lockdown stuff. Now just imagine you playing twice as much (20 hours a day) for this entire time and you will see why many of us are skeptical about the “accomplishments” of many of the top leader board spots.

2 Likes

Man, I did play an mmo 15 hours a day back in my Final Fantasy XI days (early high school). Almost failed a a school year and developed an eating disorder during that time.

When a videogame creates a system where the only way to get to succeed is to either develop an unhealthy addiction and possibly ruin all aspects of your life, or cheat and use a bot, I’d say there’s something malicious about that videogame’s design philosophies.

7 Likes

bots are definitely wrong. I wouldn’t play such a game either. and bots supposedly always have a monthly subscription. that’s the joke too. because people pay money TO NOT PLAY. that is funny! :rofl: :wink:

I only played d3 from time to time because of necro nostalgia. necro was very good playable with skeletons in many d2 mods. I always liked that too.

6 Likes

I think one of the biggest things that people forget is that many do this for a living streaming. With the right setup they can hit PG 1700 in the first day.

For those that say they have lives. So do gamers. It is in the game. Not outside with the weirdos.

Many will recall spending months where you do nothing but game and work.

To succeed at anything you have to put in the work. You have to put in the training. This is the same aspect of all things in life.

1 Like

Umm, you skip a month there? I’m 2696 NOW, not on Sept 8
Oh, that’s some serious embarrassment there for you, whoops!
And Sept 8 is over 9 weeks since lauch… you miss a batch of your meds there?
I was paragon 2469 on Sept 5… That’s pretty normal play

Oh I feel so embarrassed for you… you come on and have a go at me without fact checking, I’m cringing even typing this…

If you people payed less attention to everyone else’s play style or there chosen bad habbit’s in games maybe you would be a lot closer to knairdarms paragon. All this inspecting and crying on the forums is a big waste of time. I don’t sit there and cry that it is unfair that someone has 6k paragon more then me. I go out and work my but off and GIT GUUD. If they are cheating why even bother or worring what they are doing? They sure are not worried about you on the forums. Guess what there bot probably got another 10 paragon while we are on here typing.

1 Like

The answer is straightforward actually.
D3 endgame is now leaderboards, solo or group, the idea is for everyone to push themselves as high as you can go. FAIRLY.
I couldn’t give a RATS 4SS about someone fairly being 4k paragon this season and as a result being able to be 2 or 3 clears higher than me, no problem at all.

A while back I thought I had a really good idea, kind of a way to block out the botters from your mind and ultimately, leaderboards.

Either A. Have a Paragon cap on Seasonal.
Or
Have Tiered Leaderboards.
Botters can get to 5 or 6 thousand paragons, whatever.
People from 800 paragon to 1500 are in one leaderboard.
1501 to 2400 are in another.
2401 to 3300 are another.
3300 to 4200 are another.
and so on and so on.

So I think it’s fair to say the majority (not all) of botters are not great or just average players.
If their goal is to have so many paragons they can walk into top 5 of any leaderboard they want to, it was only for players around the same paragon, it’s less of an impact.

I kind of liken it to something like motor sport.
There’s Formula one, two, three.
Majors, minors etc.

This is all a theory because the endgame is leaderboards.

Broken.

snorts in laughter.

It’s Blizzard. They know better than the players. Always. It’s amazing how some fanboys treat them when they treat us players with utter contempt.

1 Like

Been saying this for a long while. The psychological and physiological heath issues derived by spending so many hours per day playing a game are well known. It’s criminal behaviour on the game developer’s part imho.

Yup. Limit it to p1600 maximum. The botters will have that within 48 hours…

I mean, on console, we’ve got so many players with all item slots primal…the odds of it happening are very very very low, just for a single player, but to have hundreds and hundreds of players doing it tells me that they’re all cheating (save wizard unlimited mats and reforge exploit cos, local saves on consoles). Blizzard has been time and time again had this reported to them, and they continue to do NOTHING. Blizzard defenders have time and time again argued that the console LBs aren’t controlled by Blizzard, which, is utter BS. Sony have confirmed to me that Blizzard has full control of the LBs. They’re just incompetent and don’t give a rats you know what about cheaters on the LBs.

1 Like