15 - 30 FPS in D3

This has been an ongoing issue I’ve been trying to fix for the past few hours. For some reason when I try to play D3 I get extremely low fps but this shouldn’t be the case because I have a Ge-Force Gtx 970. I believe the issue its running the game with my Intel driver but I’ve tried several previously posted solutions and none of them have worked, such as going into the files, making a shortcut, and running it with the high performance processor (the option didn’t even appear for me). I’ve tried changing everything in my NVIDIA control panel to high performance, and even in my normal control panel, updating my graphics drivers hasn’t worked either. Is there some hidden option that allows me to choose which driver I want to run D3 with. I know this option is available in other blizzard games so I don’t see why they wouldn’t include it in this game as well.

Hey Decasin,

If you are using a laptop then the driver is responsible for automatically switching from the Intel graphics to the Nvidia graphics when the game is launched. You can force it to use the Nvidia graphics on a specific application by changing a setting in the Nvidia Control Panel:

Nvidia - How do I customize Optimus profiles and settings?

On the other hand, if you are using a desktop PC and not a laptop then the game will use whichever graphics device you have your monitor plugged in to. So make sure the monitor is hooked up to the GTX 970 and not the on-board Intel graphics.

Hope this helps!

1 Like