110+ GR Mundunugu Set issues

Hello everyone,
I’m having issues with consistency on mod kills and specifically Rift Guardian kills.

How the hell do you do dmg to a high GR rift Guardian with out season buff luck?

It seems there are to options out there both being unreliable to me.

Option 1: spam your spirit barrage as much as you can until big chunks of dmg fall off of Guardian. Problem with this is some times I feel like I never get the dmg hit on the guardian.

Option 2: place 3 spirits on guardian and wait a min then recast 3 spirts for a bit of dmg. I find that it’s minimal dmg at best and guardian moves to much normally for this to be affective.

I know the guy above you suppose to continuously cast on his own and when he can one shot the guardian once he builds up enough dmg I just feel like it never happens on the higher rifts. And some times I’ll just get a MASSIVE hit on the guardian and do not know why or how to repeat it consistently,

Please help what am I missing
My dmg is 1,560,000 base dmg I feel like I should be able to do a 120 easy but I’m struggling to get the killing power for guardian.

Thanks guys

Hey there! Well I’m not expert by any means, these forums for WD are kinda scarce for activity.

I successfully completed a 120 not too long ago with a horrible RG for the WD (the one that does arcane and waves that knock you back half a screen).

Those big chunks of like you see instantly and randomly from the RG life is due to the overall accumulated damage from SB. If somehow you were able to never move and constantly SB him, it wouldn’t do any “damage” until it just died instantly.

Best way is to cast uninterrupted as long as possible. If it’s a RG that you constantly have to move, it’s worse and harder but you just have to keep “move, cast, move, cast” and do little chunks at a time.

My 120 was completed with about 1500 paragons and almost fully augmented with 99-100 gems. I also cleared the 119 before it using voo’s weapon with barber in cube. The 120 was done with normal sacred/barber combo.

oh nice thank you for the reply. most of which i have been doing just struggling getting the chunks for the boss some times feels like it never pops. And i heard people say drop 3 then wait then drop 3 again for RG kills.

thanks a lot

Dropping three makes it to where the next one will “explode” the damage from the previous Three. So this not so sure on RG but for low t16’s and stuff, just dropping them as you run around Kills everything.

But I’m not expert so I’ll try the three thing too on the next higher gr I do.

1 Like

You should spam on the RG. Letting the phantasms stack on a single target isn’t going to stack Stricken very well. The RG will probably move before you set them off and then you lose a ton of damage. It is only better to let the phantasms stack when they can hit a lot of monsters, on a single target the damage is basically the same except it’s a lot of small explosions instead of a few big ones.

The big chunks of damage you see are not from the phantasms, they are from Manitou or phlebotimize stacking up. Manitou is great for the RG, even if you stop spamming it will continue to stack as long as it is in range. If you can stack it the entire fight you might do 20 or 30% of the RG’s life in one big chunk right at the end.

1 Like