04-04-2024 Are we still on track with D4?

Sounds about right imo.

Now turning to Diablo, we have added hundreds of developers to the franchise over the last three years, and we continue to grow our teams as we prepare to launch three unique and complementary experiences across platforms. Diablo II: Resurrected will launch on PC and console on September 23. Anticipation for this remaster of the quintessential action role-playing game is high, and we can’t wait for the community to experience the quality of the title. On mobile, Diablo Immortal continues to progress well through testing, receiving excellent feedback for its gameplay. We see substantial potential for this release both in its own right as a long-running authentic Diablo experience and to broaden the franchise’s reach ahead of Diablo IV. :point_left:

It sounds like they want to get players on board prior to the launch of the big one.

Honestly that doesn’t sound like a 2022 release for D4 to me, but we shall see. Either way, still looking forward to the upcoming blog.

1 Like

I do not think it is 2022 maybe early 2023 at a Blizzconline.

1 Like

This would never happen or Epic would be the 1 to buy activation/Blizzard, but I do not think that would ever happen.
As I remember right, Blizz once said they would never make a game for linux again, yes they did make a couple of games for linux but that was in the 1990’s.

1 Like

Until that miniscule percent of an already miniscule percent can make up for the dev costs.

It ain’t happening.

1 Like

To be honest, even if D4 and OW2 were released at the same time, OW2 will easily overshadowed D4 in term of popularity and revenues. :rofl:

I have not seen any Blizz games made for Linux. I know it can be google’d, and there are only references to Wikipedia articles. When the articles are opened they do not show the same information that Google digs up. I have War3-RoC and TFT original boxes and neither of them show anything for Linux on them.

Targeting Linux in the 1990’s when Linux was a Fetus wasn’t the right time. In the 1990’s Linux really was the playground of a particular slice of computer nerds. Linux since 2010 ~ 2012 has shown enough maturity that it can be used on the desktop by regular people. I won’t get into Lindows/Linspire. The maturity of Linux has pushed Microsoft to give away Win 10 back in 2015.

Its worth saying again… the Linux of today is not the Linux of the 1990s.

Also, Blizzard has a much high valuation than Epic last I remember. Google says Blizz is near double the net worth of Epic Games.

My man…they will never ever spend effort on making games run for Ubuntu or Linux…ever. It does not make sense. Our best hope is Mac, and I suspect that conflict is more on Apple than Blizzard. I will be buying a new computer to play D4.

The last class will probably be announced at the next Blizzconline early next year. Along with the next quarterly update, being the first one for 2022 like last year was.

Might even have a date for the beta . Sometime before the end of this month should be the right time for another quarterly update. Then one more at the end of this year. One will probably be on sound and the other on endgame for D4 IIRC.

I doubt their legal woes will have any impact on the design of their games in development unless somehow it causes the company to die, which I highly doubt.

I believe that the soonest we can see D4, that is if it is further along than any one anticipates is at the end of 2022. The latest is Q2 of 2023. But that is till shorter than your pick. So well before that date possibly a year before it D4 will be released.

xaviour is talking about what Blizzard is telling you in the D4 updates which I last heard was being done quarterly but if you don’t want to listen to what Blizzard is saying and want to make your own rubbish up there is not much we can do about that

The dates were speculative and meant for laughs and giggles. As for the script or format of what blizzard is telling us, I’m still not bound by that script. What I’m interested in you may not be, which is fine, shawty.

So does this mean that with no ban for your abuse of people I can start calling you all manner names and and not get banned

No disrespect intended Steve. As stated in my previous post, I’m not bound by any script because I’m not under any form of a employer-employee contract. I’m going to assume that if you are not bound by such a contract that you would take advantage and pose questions about what you are interested in. I see no harm in the devs providing information.