0 item changes since the first day of ptr

what happened??? ‘-’

13 Likes

Pretty on brand for Blizzard.

They put something on a ptr, ask for feedback, everyone says they don’t like it and offer suggestions on how to improve/change the issue…

Blizzard completely ignores all the feedback because they feel that they know best…

Months down the road they mention that they’re shocked everyone hates the changes because nobody gave negative feedback during testing.

:crazy_face:

Yep.

23 Likes

Relax, Filthy Rich said:

" FilthieRich

Community Manager

10/16 UPDATE
PTR Timeline Update: The PTR will be extended through the weekend of 10/17 -10/18.

• Stay tuned for further updates on 10/19."

All you have to do is stay tuned on the 10/19…so we have plenty of time left.
Oh…wait a minute

7 Likes

You didn’t see today’s update? The PTR is shutting down tomorrow and then after the feedback forum is closed they will tell us the changes they are making for next season. (untested of course) :man_facepalming:t4:

12 Likes

Sounds like a plan.
So…many broken Keyboards, a lot of angry Forum threads and tripple Bounties in the second half of the season?

Neat

6 Likes

They don’t care about fixing the game. They only add wild and buggy season themes that nobody asked for and do just barely enough to make you think they care.

3 Likes

Ahh, to be fair here:

The shadow-clones are quite fun and a lot of people like them, me included.

Also they add an interesting and needed mechanic --> they closen the gap between weak and strong builds.

So as a theme, blizzard did many things right there.

1 Like

Define “many”. Whatever fix the theme might offer, it’s false and temporary (not that it should be permanent, I would not want that). And they can’t even get everything working anyway.

We need balancing and reworks. I would refund Necro class and sign away season themes forever with no hesitation if it meant bringing the rest of the game to potential.

Well that is the case for every season theme isn’t it?

I mean sure, a big part of the community, me included would rather see a big balance patch , a good rework of the wizzard etc…a “season of balance” xD

This doesn’t mean that the clones are bad per se though. If it rains the street is wet, if the street is wet it doesnt mean it has rained though

I was just referring to how you seem to think it’s a fix.

Ahh ok, i see where you are coming from.
No , i didn’t say it is a fix. But as a theme itself, it is definatly a step in the right direction in my eyes if you directly compare it to S21 or the Angels as it gets weaker in higher levels and is stronger in lowerlevels and closes the Gap between good performing push builds and weaker builds a bit therefore.

Also you were right at the point above, i can only speak for myself. But i do like the theme :slight_smile:

That’s fair, and I understand they help things feel fresh. It’s just not what I wish the devs would spend their apparently so limited resources on.

Instead of using the 2 phase PTR for testing changes w.r.t. balance in the 2nd phase they introduced a secondary irrelevant season theme that I guess nobody needs and only introduces more problems, bugs and stresses the poor fragile servers even more. And it feels to me that they were mostly busy with “fixing” those things related to the clones instead of scrapping the clone idea and focusing on the more revelant parts of the game. The balance part in this PTR is totally underwhelming.

4 Likes

At this point, PTR purpose is just testing the item whether it is working or not. It doesn’t matter whether it is weak or strong.

Item A can shoot a fireball.

Does it work? “Yes. Good. Test over.”

The damage is too low. “So?”

Fireball proc is too low. “And?”

5 Likes

Ares damage

Does IT Work? “Yes, but It causes laggs.”

What now? “We dont Care. Test over.”

Community Solution: remove all area damage of your Gear and paragonlevel

Your cynicism…it makes me happy. Are you a Wizard? I think we should invent a new medical condition, Beaten Wizard Syndome, maybe.

The only reason I’m playing PTR instead of the current season is I’m sick to death of the visual vomit that is S21’s theme. The near zero visibility and washed out visuals make it annoying and laborious to play. Gee, I wonder if that came up during the testing? Oh, it did, and was ignored. So here we are again, multiple weeks into the “testing” phase, and apart from some serious stability issues nothing has changed. No OP items dialed back, no broken items (I’m looking at you, Etched Sigil) reverted. This is a shoddy way to run a test cycle for any company let alone a major software house like Blizzard. Oh well, at least the screen doesn’t completely black out every few minutes… :face_vomiting:

11 Likes

predicting the future:
patch will go live with no item changes, just crusader nerfed, the lags still almost as bad, the season-theme(shadow clones) maybe altered to make it even more useless

edit: oh ptr got another extention, maybe there are 2 insignificant new little buffs in for us…

7 Likes

You forgot 4th cube slot is removed because reasons and etched sigil improved from 250% to 275%.

2 Likes

They’re dealing with some pernicious bugs that have to be fixed before any real testing can be done. PTR was extended another week so that’s where it’s at.