🇺🇸 Blessed Shield build adjustments

Anyone test the other runes with the new SoJ power to see if it plays different than the combust version?

yeah, I tried it on PTR. Lets say you roll some really good swamp land waders that have blah not fire damage. Then find an ancient flavor of time that has blah not fire damage the same as pants. Then your bracers roll with the same blah not fire damage. With SoJ, all that blah not fire damage becomes fire damage. Assuming its a valid element crusaders use. Otherwise, it no worky.

1 Like

Would become a mandatory, BiS item for All Crusader builds, so that’s not a good idea.

Now, a number of the “points” that the OP tries to make aren’t points at all, but rather D3 game design decisions - Mainly, number 2, 3, 4, and 5. Hell, 4 and 5 contradict each other even, and 2 is directly caused by 1.

For number 3, nearly ALL builds in the game needs a balance between all stats EXCEPT RCR. Only a small handful of builds drop even 1 of those stats.
For number 4 (and number 5), nearly EVERY build in the game has a very, VERY specific list of weapons (Or gear outright) that you can equip and still be considered viable. Many builds lack any kind of gear variety except for the amulet slot, which is generally the most versatile slot available.
And yea, you can’t complain about the lack of choice with Weapon slots, and then complain about how you can use literally ANY Pants or Chest in the game, especially when both the Pants and Chest slot only provides a mere 2 GR increase in terms of damage, IF that.

And then the rest of the suggestions? COMPLETE garbage.

Pox Faulds is a Poison oriented item that is very useful for leveling characters. Even if it was to get a rework, that rework should have NOTHING to do with Crusaders, who would abhor disease and plague. While it’s still best as a class-neutral item, if it were to be reworked, it would need to go to Necromancer or Witch Docter, the only two classes in the game who deal with poison and plague.

Shield Bash isn’t used not because of Roland’s mechanics, but because of it’s own interaction with it’s specific legendaries. Basically, Shield Bash is bugged, has been acknowledged by the D3 team to BE bugged, and the bug is apparantly so complicated that they haven’t even bothered with it.

Overall though, most of OPs suggestions go against D3’s game design. The only thing I find to be a good idea would be reworking Blessed Shield’s other runes to be competitve with Combust. However, it’s unlikely to happen, given that out of all the skills used by all the builds in the game, most of those skills use ONLY a single, or maybe 2-3 other runes, with a large number of runes NEVER being used ever.

Which is poor game design for sure, but it is the current game design.

So yea. OP basically wants D3 to fix their poor game design with competing Rune choices, to change their GOOD game design with requiring a wide variety of stats that you need to balance, simultaneously increase AND decrease gear variety, and, of course, make all sorts of whacked balancing decisions just because.

The funny thing is that if you remove AoV from the picture, BS Crusader builds are actually one of the TOP Crusader builds, especially compared to other builds that actually NEED buffs, such as Phalanx, Bombardment, and the complete lack of a Primary-based build.

I see your point making those pants BiS for everything and I agree. It was not something I considered.

Now, if they really could make a viable Phalanx build, that would be something.

You forget Invoker is a good choice, atleast for solo play…

This, just give it the Dawn treatment. Armor of Akkhan needs to be totally re worked to buff AC and skills only instead of focusing on CD, now that things like ORTZ/In-Geom are in game. That set was originally a fix for how dependent the class was on AC in the first place, a mistake they managed to magnify exponentially with Necro.

Shield bash should never ever be built in to any BS setup; because of the issue with the SB animation and high attack speed and the fact that BS runs with high attack speed it would never work, you’d be animation locked the whole time.

We do need re works on some items and sets. Akkhan’s Leniency needs buffs, Akkhans Addendum also needs a re work. If they attached a cdr on AC to the affix and increased damage by x% (would have to compete with furnace and other options for other sets) and shifted the ‘all AC runes’ affix to Armor of Akkhan that might be a good start. Can’t nerf Shield of Fury anymore or you’d run the risk of having this new re design just be better across the board for every setup which isn’t the point.

I’d like to see BS come back it was a really fun build to push with. Far more so than condemn or invoker and I loved invoker. That set needs an update too, it’s far too passive at this point and holding down primary while smashing skills on cd (which is where the set is now after all the stripping down) isn’t fun or engaging. For the moment I’d much rather see BS brought up as it is both fun and engaging and probably better for the class as a whole.

One final note about BS; the single target is trash. As we’ve seen with other Crusader sets and other classes we can and should have a good balance of AOE and Single target and it’s actually needed.