❤️ Demon Hunter 2.6.9 Mega Thread Class Change Ideas

I noticed the old forums are gone and so are alot of old suggestions. Since Blizzard is reworking DH in the next patch lets try and help them by compiling all the suggestions in one place.

• Please Add any item changes you’d like to see.
  • Please add any skill/rune changes you’d like to see.
  • Please add any passive changes you’d like to see.

Here are a few similar suggestions that I made in the PTR forum that I moved over here.

4 Likes

Danetta’s Hatred:

• Option 1: Numbers-only change:
    • Vault deals 800% 4,000% increased damage.
  • Option 2: Minor functional change:
    • Vault deals 800% increased damage.
    • (PLUS) Your damage is increased by 100% for every shadow clone you have active, and you take 8% less damage for every shadow clone you have active.
  • Option 3: Major functional change:
    • Vault deals 800% increased damage.
    • (PLUS) Vault - Action Shot fires [Skill] instead of arrows. (This shot is still an automatic critical hit.)
    • (PLUS) Vault - Trail of Cinders leaves a trail of Spiked Traps.

For option 3, second bullet, the skill could be one of the following, either randomly rolled or the developers just choose one:

• Impale
  • Chakram
  • Elemental Arrow
  • Cluster Arrow

Holy Point working with M4, like DML does.

Belt that fires a spender while strafing.

Add 300% Cold damage to Buriza as a stat, not cube extractable.

General increase in all proc rates.

1 Like

Reposted to this thread
Well they need to fix the problem of using only one weapon when performing melee damage.
Yes we know the DH is good for tumbling in and out of packs and encircling them also, but thats where the developers dropped the ball, make the quiver more combat based rather then shoring up element, crit, speed, CDR stats. Look at green arrow on CW he uses anything as a weapon. The bow like a sword, it fires arrows, think about incorporating monk like abilities.
Dodge should be used in an offensive manner IMHO.

Just ideas for s21

To be honest, I’m pretty certain they are not gonna bring any class changes next patch. They will probably introduce overpowered sets for DH and Necro (given their poor performance) like the did with Valor set for Crusaders and call it a day. They made it clear their focus right now is giving each class their new set.

1 Like

Did anyone expect the monk tempest rush PoJ set to offer a enlarged sweeping wind? How about barb WW set with the sword adding rend automatically to WW damage? So they can change how a set or item damages works. The DH is no different. The main problem is the necessity of tying up a cube slot with Dawn with CDR for vengeance. The DH has been shackled for too long. Have a set build that doesn’t need that. What a difference DH would have with all the sets.

2 Likes

that is my assessment too.

Just fix vault. Vaulting is jumping over things. Instead the skill is roll. Other classes have a way to dash or warp over things things. Vault is just broken, always has been.

Demon Machine
Elemental Arrow fires 2 extra arrows.

Arrows are fired in a V shape, similar to Evasive Fire animation and each arrow can hit the same enemy, meaning that at point blank it deals triple damage.

First of all, thank you very much for that effort.
I really like this sort of posts and i like the possible discussion behind them.
I will leave my opinion about your ideas and thoughts and will add mine on a later point.

So…you want to kill a tiny DML mechanic and make it a breaindead multiplier? No thanks, i would be ok for an increase, but these tiny inherent mechanics is what makes gameplay dynamic.

Your Fletchers Pride idea will continue there, why people stopped to play Sentry-builds. I can’t speak for any other class, but at least for DH there is basically NEVER a situation where you just spam and spam abilities, unless it is very fast speedruns, where certain skills allready have a ressource mechanic built in.
The way Sentries and their cooldown work, wouldn’t make this Quiver a nice choice ever, there isn’t really need for 0-cost, at least not for the current DH choices.

You want to make Dawn even more important?
Not sure if you intended to Vengance include in Dawn’s 2nd effect… it would be even more of a joke.
I would rather destroy the 1st effect and only keep the 2nd one. The DH has no access to increased CDR as global passive, so an item with higher outcomes would be a fair trade.
The work the DH has to put in to get perma Vengance is like 0, compared to Archon, Berserker, Epiphany etc.
It should be a trade to get to these high cdr skills, like previously mentioned ones, Vengance with its effect is strong enough.

Calamity…100% agree, the point the community suggested over years and nobody wanted to be changed etc… Dumb implementation from Blizzard.

So you want to see the damage to single targets increased by 33%? Why?
Ressource-wise with Karlei’s it wouldn’t make a change anyway. The more ideal way to bring more “melee variety” would to increase the 2pc with some additional stuff.

Zoey’s Secret’s effect should have been implemented into the Marauder bonus by release.
The idea behind a range-designed belt might be great…but is not designed for Diablo 3.
Sad… i really would like to be a pure range class, but it simply doesn’t work like that.
EVERY map beside these 3-4 open maps will kill this belt instantly.
Anway… a global effect for the DH would be nice, i will leave my idea below.

Hm… okay a 35% gain in damage. WIth a slight increase for the DML while keeping its 60% mechanic this skill might be ready for the absolute Top-Ranking.

Auto-Shooting Turrets?
I truly loved it in the early ROS stage…but now? In that area damage plagued game?
WIll be impossible to balance. Your 4pc change will make N6M4 a no brainer, where you don’t even need Ressource anymore, so beside RCR you would stack IAS or AD… wow.
A x751 multiplicator for placing a single sentry. That is somehow so absurd. xD
If you don’t want to ramp it up, i am with you. The pure need for max sentries (passive+Rucksack) feels weird.
Anyway… i think a ramp up mechanic would be a fair go-to strategy.
Placing a Sentry increaes the damage by 25.000% for 15 seconds, stacks up three times. Each placement refreshes the current stack amount.
This would destroy the Rucksack as a must have which opens for Quiver/Weapon choice, but keeps the Sentry as damage trigger.

Just my opnions…don’t feel offended when i didn’t like these thoughts in the first place. Maybe the make sense for me in on the 2nd or 3rd look.

Even though i doubt, that we will see a HUGE PATCH, my guess goes toward a patch-size we had just now.

My hope for D3 will be a balance within its different runes, but as for runes it will be even more unrealistic to see changes there…so i will go for the stupid multipliers too. ^^

Sets:

Unholy

2pc:
Increases your Discipline by 20. Generator generat 3 hatred and 2 discipline.

4pc
No changes

6pc:
350% 475%

With passively more discipline and a higher situational regeneration, the strict need for “Preperation” would fall of and leaves it as an option, not a must have.
The toughness and damage increase is allready super strong. The 6pc increase isn’t necessary at all, because it doesn’t matter what value, items or set, is changed.
I will keep your idea here.

Natalya

2pc
No changes

4pc
Increase “Rain of Vengance” damage value to 300% AND increase the radius by “Rain of Vengance” by 100%.

6pc
No changes

I would like to see ROV having more impact. Increase the damage and it’s radius will help with that.
I could like Rain of Vengance dealing with a big amount of enemies instead of allways using Multishot with Screen-Clear.

Marauder

2pc
Companion calls all companions to your side. You take 7% less damage for every Companion active.

4pc
No changes

6pc
Placing a Sentry increaes the damage from XYZ by 25.000% for 15 seconds, stacks up three times. Each placement refreshes the current stack amount.

Implementing a zoey-mechanic to this set is the right way to handle Marauder toughness. A lower but permanent value, here 7%, which makes it 49% as default should be a good set-internal boost. This value can be increased by “The Cloak of the Garwulf” AND “The Raven’s Wing”
WIth my idea, the 6pc bonus feels less of a “ramp up” and, once you reached the last stack, each additional placement within a fair 15 second time frame will refresh the whole stack, which then makes it even less clunky.
This set now would have it’s own toughness boost. Sentries should still only fire, when we do.

Shadow’s Mantle

2pc
Change it to 9000%

4pc
No change

6pc
No change

The shadow set feels okay right now, a bit more melee damage make certain builds work better.

My item ideas in a list:
(Don’t know how long posts can get xD)

Kridershot:
Add a 300%-400% damage multiplier.

Augustines:
Increase multiplier to 300%. Include “Ball Lightning” to be affected by that multiplier.(If too much, reduce base rune damage)

The Ninth Cirri Satchel:
Hungering Arrow gains the “Puncturing Arrow effect” and deals 700% more damage.

Emimei’s Duffel:
Bolas deal 400% increased damage. Bola explosion radius is increased by 100%.

Spines of Seething Hatred:
Add a 400% damage multiplier.

Sword of Ill Will:
Chakram deals 5%-6% increased damage for every point of Hatred you have.

Leonine Bow of Hashir:
Add 100% damage multiplier.

The Raven’s Wing:
A raven flies to your side should be changed to-----> Spawns a second raven companion. Increases the damage from all companions by 300%.
(The 2nd raven companion affects Maraduer’s 2pc bonus)

The Cloak of the Garwulf:
Companion - Wolf Companion now summons 3 wolves and doubles the wolfs howl’s effectiveness.(30%)
(These additional wolves affect Maraduer’s 2pc bonus)

Hunter’s Wrath:
Your primary skills attack 30% faster and deal 60% increased damage…
CHANGE IT TO:
Your ressource generating skills attack 30% faster and deal 60% increased damage.
(This includes EA with “Kridershot” and Chakram with “Spines of Seething Hatred”)

ZOEY’S SECRET - REVAMP: (just a crazy idea i just had^^)
Each time you spend hatred you get 6% damage reduction for 8 seconds
Each time you spend discipline you get 6% increased damage for 8 seconds.
Stacks up to 10 times. Each reaplication refreshes the whole stack.

Would be a great item, that globally boosts the performance and could lead to a more dynamic playstlye.

1 Like

VIP REQUEST:

Buriza:
Open up a 2nd secondary roll for the Buriza, so we have the ability to get discipline on it.

I think they should change the item “Wojahnni Assaulter” a little.

Natalya’s Rapidfire is a build that needs to take the damage, but it DON’T do it, we need to constantly change positions so as not to die at high levels. The problem is that if we stop channeling, we lose all the stacks immediately, this is very bad.

The Wojahnni Assaulter effect should work like Taeguk, it should last for at least 1.5 seconds.

Also, I wonder why a build that attacks so fast takes so long to kill RG … There must be something wrong with stricken stacks too …

This will kill UE capability to do any GR past 75, it’s horrible idea, remove this ASAP from the list - I fail to see how this is a familiar suggestion since pretty much kills UE.

Bluntly, short of the devs coming in and asking, “Hey guys, we see not many people use X, what would you like to see to change that?” just throwing blind suggestions at the wall and hoping something sticks is a complete waste of time as it’s what some of us had tried in futility for years.

What has pretty much been a universal constant is that a good number of DH legendary powers suck. Windforce, Ravenwing, Etrayu, Balefire, and so on need more than just a numbers tweak.

Our damage numbers largely being baked into requiring full-time Vengeance has been a problem since the skill came into existence. Of course, remedying this does involve sweeping changes to skills relative to resource generation/costs, damage output, secondary effects/durations, and so on. Passives also need some major tweaks, particularly with how the game has evolved into this hyper-fast GR meta play style.

Yeah, them changing Calamity was dumb. I hate the current iteration of Spike Traps, myself, and I doubt I’m alone. The possibility they may build a set around it under its current iteration terrifies me because it’ll be as un-fun as spamming RoV to maintain Nat’s. I also can’t be the only person who still hates how Sentries double dip into “cost” with both Cooldowns and Hatred, making death recovery that much more cumbersome while I’ll still sit here and say we need a means to make Sentries follow us (between levels) so the set isn’t neutered with shots being invalidated by walls/distance.

And this is just before getting creative. There’s so much foundational stuff that needs done, and has needed done for years, that I can say Blizzard hates the DH without being sarcastic in delivery. Seeing nothing but bigger set bonuses doesn’t change that, especially when we’re repeating the cycle when they decide it’s time to up the average GR clear to some obscene paragon level reference (which we aren’t getting unless we want to play another class, huehue).

1 Like

Hum … something like “Holy Point Shot” or extend HPS to support Elemental Arrow too is already good to me :slight_smile: