Zeal build = immunity to physical attacks

Way to pick out a portion of a post to further your own rhetoric! Good job! I presented more than 1 option out of numerous options available. But, we know your type!

And, YES! 2 seconds of thought. Imagine, would you, if you actually sat there and pondered it for 5 minutes!

Get over yourself.

1 Like
  1. Put at least 1 point into Vengeance.

2. Find some source of poison or open wounds. Doesn’t matter how little, just anything to stop monsters from regenerating.

1 Like

You could also get an Atma’s Scarab ammy. Has a chance to proc amp damage on attack… great for zealers.

3 Likes

This, and also mentioning Lawbringer might even be quite a bit easier to obtain from scratch. Especially with the frenzy mercs now, and I believe the Sanctuary aura on it also removes Physical Immune from Undead… right?

1 Like

I have no “rhetoric” on this thread. I was responding to your completely inaccurate statement when the OP gave a precise indication of his predicament, which you either ignored purposely or not.

Who is “we” and what is my type?

Anyway you are now on ignore.

AFAIK, this is correct. I will say this, though - I have run into a couple of boss packs with PI that would not break with Decrepify; both were on live monsters, not undead.

Just equip atmas scarab and an act 3 merc enchant merc.

Because Decrep is just 50% percet phys penetrate, while Amp is 100%

1 Like

I would suggest Atma’s, as someone said before, BUT if you’re in a pinch, you can totally farm The Gavel of Pain in Nightmare. Sure, it’s 3 charges, but you can keep it in your backpocket as a “In case of annoying PI I want to kill”, with another option being Lacerator, and in late late game, you could go for a meme setup with Brand and swap to it, get hit, proc the effect, swap back and get back to ripping and tearing, since it fills nearly the entire screen in Amp effect.

Remember though, it won’t save you from PI+Stone Skin combo, though, which is kind of dumb, but it is what it is.

amp damage can break most(if not all) PI+stoneskin combo’s(thank Rathma for my sumnecro).

doesn’t seem to work if they get the affix as it is + Stone skin, as it grants a 150% Phys resistance. However, if they just have their normal 50-66% Phys resistance and Stone Skin, it only puts it up to 100%-116%, which is totally doable in breaking with Amp! It’s honestly hard to see the difference, it’s just one of those “oh, it’s super immune, nvm” moments when Amp procs and you still see no damage being pushed through.

whoa lol, hold on…stone skin gives 50% phys res, not 150 lol

ghosts with stone skin I can break in a1, but a5 they seem to have more phys res or something…there have been 3 times i could not break the PI for my skeles and had to bone spear.

but yeah stoneskin gives 50% DR lol

no no, I mean if they roll the Affix “Physical Immune” separate from Stone Skin, it already bumps it up to 100% Phys resistance, and Stone Skin, being a separate affix, adds 50% phys resistance, it’s added together for a whopping 150%, which can be confusing because most mobs also have 50% phys resistance, so with the Stone Skin alone would nudge it up to 100%, granting the “Physical Immune” title. It’s honestly confusing.

oh ok, i understand you now. yeah thats ghosts mostly, and a small few other monsters. but amp damage drops their res to 75, if the mechanic still follows 50% effetiveness while breaking immunity.

it does? I thought it reduces it by a 20% effectiveness (so 130%), because when I face those fellas in Hell, they keep the Physical Immune title on even when amped, and my damage doesn’t seem to punch through.

really? thats a little surprising to hear. for me it was just a few times in a5 with sucubi bosses and ghost bosses, which forced me to use bonespear

but every other boss who’s base is phys immune and having stoneskin on top of that was broken by my amp dmg, which made me think those few bosses just managed to roll an exceptionally high phys res by pure chance

OMG, ty so much. I don’t have to hear from you ever again. You did me a favor!!!