Zax´s Item Finding Guide

It’s super simple:

If you have fully geared and spec’d characters for the task at hand, as in the question, Trav is miles ahead of Chaos / Cows, which are themselves ahead of LK chests, and nowhere else really compares.

Zax is a really good poster and asset to this community. I think we disagree on a great deal many things, but man does he put out some quality content. Has a vast knowledge of the game to boot.

1 Like

Finish the game as Normal → Holy Fire
Nightmare and Hell Hammer
Start farming Chaos Sanctuary once you have 2 spirits and dont go anywhere else.

1 Like

Pretty much this. It’s probably going to be the best chaos farmer.

This guide is aimed for all players, i can definitely use this holy fire setup for shorter walkthroughs for softcore players online but i am not so sure for hardcore.

Holy freeze playthrough is much more safe in that regard, but i would rather not waste respec at all. Holy fire will struggle against minions of destruction on normal who are quite dangerous and highly fire resistant. Also diablo fight is more dangerous with holy fire than with holy freeze.

I think even start as hammerdin would be fine to not even go auradin to save respec, because merc with pike and some dmg jewels you find on the way can kill anything on players 3 with leveled concentrate.

About the chaos. Idk i think its way too dangerous on hardcore, its hard there. So i would rather finish whole game as hammerdin and then switch to holy Bolt with fist of Heaven build who can pick few places and farm a lot safer than hammerdin.

I have already done holy freeze test run before so i can use just that for guide, check it if you want. I am actualy using new improved fire merc for enchant:

Hey, I have small update but I am working on more stuff :slight_smile:

• Added first topic link under Item database for Gloves: Gloves - Value/usage guide for begginers

• Fixed text and added link to clip about energy shield in walkthrough for sorceress to reflect Mana burn fix in 2.4

• Added Druid guide under Character guides finaly

I will apreatiate any feedback as it was hard for me because druid summoner is kind of new thing.

1 Like
  • Added Value/usage/Price guide for Boots under Item database. Next one I work on will be for Helms.
  • Added info about Creeping feature and his lowered Treasure class under Stony Tomb info
  • Added info about Slayer/Nihlathak bug under Nihlathak
  • Added info about improved Baal´s Chilling armor under Uber tristram for 2.4 patch
  • Added demonstration video with Mausoleum+Crypt made by Warth3ory:

Please consider visiting him and help him grow as he is great guy helping to Diablo 2 Community.

Thats all for now :slight_smile:

Great job.
You should add
RULE 1… Play the game, dont spent you time complain on the internet…
It will help people find items :slight_smile:

1 Like

Too kind friend. Excited to keep making content for the D2 community. Something I have wanted to try for a long time and enjoying the learning process. Will share the additional MF area guides as they roll out weekly.

2 Likes

I wonder if the irony of this statement is fully appreciated.

you obv dont know… You complain alot about drops.
So obv you dont spent time playing the game.
if you spend your time well. you would have all the items/Hrs you could use.
You are so bad at this game.

ITS TOOO EASY

Back to block with you…

Hey I have new update with some stuff:

• Added Value/usage/Price guide for Helms under “Item database” section. Next one I work on will be for Shields
  • Added information with changed number of elite monsters under new 2.4 patch in several Area 85 zones
  • Added excel sheet in second post of topic with area zones and number of elites reflecting changes in patch 2.4 :

Imgur

• Added demonstration videos with Stony Tomb, Arachnid Lair, Ancient tunnels, Arcane Sanctuary, Chaos Sanctuary, Worldstone Keep made by Warth3ory:
1 Like

My gut feeling that something seems off on those elite pack counts. At first glance River of Flame doesn’t look right. Max of 7 elite packs?

Well its taken directly from 2.4 files.

But reality is that some locations are kind of broken. For example Sewers 2 is supposed to have 6-7 elites but density of mobs in that location is limited so you might see none sometimes and rarely max number.

I am not sure about River of Flame. Numbers seems alright, what is the issue exactly? You think its less or more?

TBH I’d need to check it out. Just sounds low assuming thats including both Champ/Unique packs right? I also just woke up so maybe my brains just fuzzy it’s like 5 am heh.

1 Like

Yes its champions also but I never found out how are they exactly counted, if 3 champions are counted as one pack (one elite) or as 3 single elites. Some tests seems to go for every champion is single elite.

I “think” 2-4 champs or 1 unique + it’s minions are considered a “pack.”

But the number is number of elites, not number of packs tho. I have counted ancient tunnels once and it didnt ad up when i counted champion pack as 1 single elite entity.

Okay I was 100% wrong. My B. Fuzz brain ftl… checked 5 TP throughs. Got 4 maps with 6 and 1 map with 7 elite packs.