You need to stop making runeswords as fixes, and fix the skills themselves

if you see an issue with a skill then you fix the skill, you dont “make a new runeword to improve that skill”.

this is how d3 got to … god i dont even care to know what it is at now… last i check it was 70,000% percent.

i love you are helping out weaker classes but your the DEVS. you need too work on the skills themselves.

and while i cant expect you to have the game knowledge of a a person who played the game for 10+ years… you should at last have a basic understanding.

the entire premise of metamophasis is flawed… you CANNOT get people to swap between wolf and bear form without making it SO WE CAN DO THIS WITHOUT SWAPPING TO HUMAN IN BETWEEN.

swapping to human… if there are ANY enemies nearby… WILL get you killed…

thats the most basic thing u learn… you lose all your HP bonuses, all your life steal in wolf.
and in bear u lose all your damage and all your defense.

there CANNOT be a human go-between if u want to achieve “playing both”

also why are you using a % bonus to attack rating

werewolf has… like 700+% bonus… adding 30 more makes 730%
you would be much better off giving flat AR and flat life that can be multipled bu that 700%

and resistances are the bane of wolf druids as they use 2 handed weapons for more damage

i’ll let the assassins point out the issues with mosaic as they can give u much more detail but … you need to stop “tacking these things on to runewords” and FIX the skills.

as for hustle… ok so its not a prebuff weapon now great…

but that doesnt fix the issue with melee

melees issue isn’t reaching targets its the fact it can only kill a single target at a time.

and skill that hit multiple targets like “fury” that pick targets still only hit one target at a time.

melee needs aoe to compete, not more attack speed

61 Likes

I can’t agree more. This patch is so disappointing. I was hopeful when Pez said they were making substantial changes based on the feedback received, but I see that I shouldn’t have got my hopes up.

Assassin players had a ton of great discussion on ways to make the skills more enjoyable here:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d2r/t/mosaic-is-the-wrong-approach

There were some other good threads as well with great ways to make the baseline behavior less clunky, as well as ways to change Mosaic along with those changes so it would still be a useful item but not a bandaid.

7 Likes

They should have called the new Helm:

Metamorphosisi?
Metamorphosises?
hmm need a good plural that sounds as confusing as the contrived mechanic…
How about:
Metamorphosisisesisies

Werebear does have Shockwave though.
Oh wait nvm… too soon?

I just smell the taint of D3(essentially School-of-WoW) influence corrupting this game to a degree.

7 Likes

all this being said… there is something to be said about dual mosaic dragon talon…

THAT is going to be interesting

1 Like

Except hustle was the fix, people whined, they nerfed it and now barbs and shaper druids are still nerfed while having no good hustle crutch.

Hustle doesn’t fix anything. Barbarians need flat physical damage from weapons. All weapons need their base damage doubled. You can’t fix melee damage by handing out attack speed break points, the damage gain is way too small.

8 Likes

I think AoE is the issue with melee, even if you 1 shot a monster, if you can only do it 1 at a time you’re still too slow. I don’t think just slapping more damage will solve the issue, it’s how the damage is being delivered.

5 Likes

+1. This isn’t viable because of the huge 2-3 second down time that could end up getting the player killed, and I know their defense would be to say “Use it out of combat and then return to combat”, to which I would respond “So you want us to play slower and less efficiently?”

Furthermore, just stop making runewords, period. Nobody asked for them. Runes are not an end-game function, nor are they a very interesting avenue to building a character, they are a by-product of farming by the very nature of how rune drops are implemented.

Uniques and GG rare items are what this game is about, with the occasional GG runeword to top off a build.

9 Likes

100%.

Most melee builds deal plenty of damage. Grief is certainly a notch above for the vast majority, but it’s often redundant, and even in the cases that it’s not, while it saves the frames from another attack, there’s still a big gulf between saving 7 frames killing 1 enemy and saving the equivalent of dozens of frames killing an entire pack of enemies.

I think some of it is unfortunately baked into the game at this point, but I’d even be open to really off-the-wall solutions, like allowing Barbarians to deal splash damage whenever they overkill an enemy based on the excess damage.

Martial Arts has AOE, and in an ideal world the charge-up routine would actually be addressed on the skill level instead of plastered over by Mosaic.

Paladin’s Vengeance could do something like cause any of your active Holy [element] auras to pulse an extra time each time you attack.

Etc.

Except old hustle made like half of all the uniques in the game useable because the biggest problem melee face in the midgame is most weapons have poo attack speed which also exacerbates the hit rate problems melee also face.

At the end game, yea grief would still be better for most builds, except old hustle allowed other weapons to remain competitive albeit still inferior to grief. Now there’s absolutely STILL no alternative, you’re gimping yourself if you don’t use grief (druids were nerfed and are forced to use reapers or death).

2 Likes

You really hate to complain when they are trying so hard to breath new life into a 20 year old game, but…

Them:

Metamorphosis: We moved in the direction of a slight buff to Metamorphosis. We want this Rune Word to really compete for best-in-slot for Shapeshifter Druids.

Also Them:

Mark of the Wolf:

• +30% +20% Bonus to Attack Rating

So that’s 10 on top of 720 an increase of a little over 1%. Well its slight alright.

At least we have easy access to a bit of crushing blow.

Removing easy because I forgot it took a cham.

i disagree with that, i mean greif is certainly amazing and best for pvp as u can use SS for more resists and D% damage reduction, but i use death decapitator… the damage is fantasic for only the cost of a gul rune and its an easy 5 frames now that they fixed the attack speed bug.

granted yes, the bug hurt bear and wolfbarb a ton, but it really did help fury

5 frames? You couldve had 4 frames on even a thundermaul with old hustle. Death decap is mediocre and eth reapers is better in most cases.

This isn’t even the topic of concern. The old hustle provided tons of endgame weapon options. Now there is nothjng but grief, and the subpar weapons druids have to use after their nerfs.

yeah u could have, but i was also concerned that losing fade and 20% resists from jalals would really hurt… i already barely reach 75 res in hell… and res charms are just… expensive. ( well except fire because LOH gives tons of fire)

i was really debating which to use and now i dont have to.

and idk how worth it it would be to use mark of the bear. its really not safe to swap between forms… 3 seconds stuck in human near enemies is a death sentence

A lot of older items need fixing too: base stats on all melee items & a bunch of uniques that are obsolete because of runewords.

2 Likes

i have to be agree with op

dev fixing this game have the d3 philosophie make change that hurt some core skill of d2 for after trying too fixing this mess with garbage item you are stuck for ever. removing the heart and soul of this game , diablo 2 is about choice and option mean itemization, sadly is not anymore because pure incompétence

3 Likes

Fix! I’d be happy if they stopped breaking stuff.

2 Likes

The people working on D2R are oblivious to D2.

New RW is nothing to get excited about, there is so many RWs already that are garbage.

This patch did so little, it gave something for Melee Druid, Trapsin and MA Sin and nerfed Cold Sorc.

If this is what to expect from future “Seasons” for D2R then I’m out. I am going to go back to PD2 and stay there, where it is a MUCH better game than D2R ever will be!

1 Like

Fully agree. This is D3 ideology for items to change how skill mechanic works. No existing item did it before. It’s just not in D2 style. It forces you to playstyle of swapping between shapeshift forms when you didn’t have to before.

2 Likes

What is this garbage about wanting to prebuff every 3 min to use a 2 hander at 4 frame attack speed. Nobody wants to do that. I’m sure some people would and I’m sure some still will with bowzons.

I have 1000% zero interest in using a 5% chance to cast burst of speed to make my character viable mechanic.

Anyone that does is surely missing the entire main issue that ias frames for druid and barb suck with their new changes.

That should be the concern.

The runeword by itself is fantastic at mid to late game transitioning with elite bases. Guaranteed 30%ias and 180+%ed. Using those at level 39 is crazy. Not to mention fanat and still the chance to cast bos.

It’s a fantastic runeword for melee characters to progress in the game. I think some of you forgot how God awful it can be leveling melee with 0 weapons.

Mosaic is freaking amazing for what it allows MA sins.

I’m a little indifferent to metamorphosis, and I would probably skip going to bear form completely, it still remains to be seen if you can recast BO with the marks active, which was a MAJOR issue I had and expressed on the ptr feedback. I guess nobody liked it enough so it didn’t get noticed.

Overall I’m happy with the new runewords as I think they make the game more accessible and easier for melee characters. This is the main point people have been asking for as I’ve seen on the forums.

I guess people don’t like that melee got buffs or I guess it’s more like “YOU DIDN’T DO IT HOW I WOULD HAVE YOU SUCK.”

Lame :brain: crying :sob: and moaning.

I like the changes overall.