Won't let me name character

No matter if its a preset or random name it won’t execpt name “the name is not alid or contains profanity”

1 Like

I’m having a similar problem on the Switch, except I’m not getting any error messages; I am unable to submit the character name (I guess the D-pad doesn’t work on this menu?). I tried the same as you (system generated names as well).

1 Like

Also having the same issue. Premade or random letters and it’s profanity or offensive. Haven’t seen any reply to this being a issue. Anyone find a work around?

I had the same problem… It’s the plus button not the dpad. (It’s not very clear, I wish they had made text bigger for handheld mode)

OMG yes this 1000 times I felt like such an idiot when I realize that’s not the D pad that’s the plus button

I know that modern Tendo controller’s do not have start select but my stupid little monkey brain will forever know that as the Start button

Thank you very much. I pushed the plus sign on my Switch after I created a name and was able to create a character.

I kept overlooking the + sign like an idiot,lol.

I am having the same problem, any suggestions on a fix? On PSN

Fun fact.

I tried to make a “Mule” specifically for Jewels.

Guess what. You can’t have the character name Jewels because it has J.E.W. in it.

It’s like trying to make people stop thinking about bacon when you say “Bacon, bacon, bacon, BACON!” and can smell it in the air.

“You’re still thinking about it. Stop!”

Bacon! :bacon:

I’m having this problem on Xbox … Any solutions for me