Will Classic (Non Expansion) get improvements?

When D2R’s QoL features were mentioned, one of them was a Shared Stash; but in Classic it’s not working / enabled. Also, for some strange reason there’s no W - weapon swap. It’s not even visible on the inventory, the I and II are missing. Now with this PTR, it was asked for players to test many kinds of builds even on Classic.

So will Classic get any buff’s, well needed & long overdue quality of life changes? Otherwise, what was the point in asking players to test it? There’s quite a few issues; bow amazons do squat for damage in nightmare and hell, set items are too weak and 99% of the uniques aren’t worth using. I’ve always been a fan of Classic >> expansion, so the shared stash mention was one of the reasons I bought this. Couldn’t wait to try it.

The devs are extremely wary of changes on Classic, as it is called “classic” for a reason. I don’t honestly understand why weapon swap isn’t a thing there, but a big pull for many classic players is the overall higher difficulty of classic. Many people don’t want a shared stash as it would be “too easy,” just as many people do not want the increased stash size. Rebalancing skills and items would significantly change classic from what people know and love, which is the main reason it exists. I am not saying you are wrong or that change is bad there, but understand that the devs have to tip-toe a finer line on classic than on LoD.

Many people dont want a shared stash as it would be “too easy” ?? LOL i’ve never seen anyone even remotely say that, especially about non expansion. Shared stash wouldnt affect the difficulty of the game, just the transfer of items to other chars; which is EXACTLY the reason they choose to implement it in D2R. Non expansion dont have a safe way to transfer their items but expansion now does; that’s outright NOT fair!

The time for tiptoeing and shock changes is done now. The problem is that the quality of life changes were HALF done. They did it for expansion but not non, which leaves the question of why if this was advertised for D2R in general as the whole game, not HALF. Either do the changes for both parts of the game or none at all; now that “shock and awe” period is done and changes have already been made.

As for rebalancing skills and items; i’m not asking that (well at least no nerfs anyways; quite the opposite for especially the bow amazons which are a complete joke in nightmare and hell), however I’m VERY sure that nobody in their right mind would object to the expansion sets and uniques being enabled in non expansion seeing as they’re wasted in LoD and ignored due to runewords. With blizz choosing to “buff” sets now as mentioned that idea doesnt seem too unreasonable .

1 Like

If you’re not a classic player, it is probably best not to speculate on what classic players want.

There isn’t a single classic player who doesn’t want shared stash.

However weapon swap was never part of classic and it can impact how you play your characters. Especially in PvP. It’s understandable that it is kept away from classic.

1 Like

I actually do play hc classic and know that a fairly large streamer on HC classic also shares the sentiment (Kripparian - said he felt this way last I heard). So it isn’t as much speculation as it is a difference of opinion. I am a bit more okay about the shared stash, but I do feel it is a significant change. I have always personally enjoyed the risk and hard choices that come along with a lack of shared stash and limited storage and from people that I have talked to, they share the same thoughts.

Classic feels like a haven to me, mostly unblemished from changes from LoD or Resurrected. I would prefer it stay that way as much as possible, but that is just me.

no one on classic has this sentiment so idk where youre getting it from.

i just want to be able to see other peoples games

need microsoft customer support so we can get some help