Why does it take Blizzard three months to do a job that could be done in a week

Why does it take Blizzard three months to do a job that could be done in a week?

Why blizz workers or developers&patch makers so lazy? Servers are terrible works 2 hours then 3 hours not.

Never listen players requests… Blizzard is just regret…

12 Likes

Other games could have an entire season/ladder while blizzard works on launch day issues.

What is sad waiting for blizzard to release something meant you got the best in that genre now they release broken games that feel like early access.

11 Likes

If you’re so confident that the issues could be fixed in a week, perhaps you should go work for Blizzard then? Put your money where your mouth is, go show 'em how it’s done.

10 Likes

Maybe she is a woman and does not want to get touched

13 Likes

Okay, so, if it’s that easy, then you should apply to be a network engineer for Activision Blizzard and fix it for them in that small time frame.

Please, do not make baseless claims and or assumptions that you have literally zero knowledge on.

8 Likes

The internet would be a dead quiet place if people actually took that advice.

5 Likes

It’s hilarious that people still think they care about this game… thanks for donating!

1 Like

Other game companies are doing this quickly and fixing tons of bugs with one patch.
Till 1.07 they ruined game experience and playability.
I think blizzard dont have enough patch makers or engineers…
@Muyu I am a customer friend. I may want my wishes. Blizzard really is a slow company about games and diablo 2 released for 20 years. And for 20 years customers wants tons of things but blizz never did them.

1 Like

I’m not sure I follow.
You say that the internet would be devoid of life in the form of feedback or critique if people wouldn’t talk about something they don’t know anything about - to which I say would be horribly incorrect.

What the internet would be devoid of is cynicism and ignorance. Both of which we do not need when we’re talking about constructive feedback and thoughtful critique.

What we want to see is our thoughts about a feature/product.
What we don’t want to see is people demanding something be done because they think it can be done, timeframe or not.

My arbitrary guesstimate of 90% of the people on the forums know jack about anything tech related regarding to Diablo 2 Resurrected and as such have no place in saying anything other than “the servers broken, i’m angry, please fix” and leave it at that.
Including “please fix, as it can be done faster than you’d handled it so far” or “please fix, this is a stupidly easy problem to fix” without any knowledge of just how fast it can be done or how difficult it is to fix is unnecessary and counter productive.

4 Likes

Funny
Here in these forums to say a car is a bad car you need a mechanical engineer degree
You cant just say what is bad in your, and some times mass, experience…nah you need at least 20y under the hood
And if you see the bridge is cracking and about to go down YOU should go and fix it

4 Likes

1: Other companies didn’t make Diablo 2. Other companies don’t have the same issues with their games as ActiBlizz has with Diablo 2. Other companies don’t have games that are built like Diablo 2. Other games by other companies don’t use Battle.net, let alone the infrastructure that Battle.net 1 had.
2: Your thoughts are your own regarding 1.07.
3: You don’t know how many engineers they have, and you don’t know how many are required to work on their server backend.
4: Congratulations, you’re a paying customer - with no knowledge of network engineering, so leave your demands and lack of insight as to how things work out of the equation. Instead, use more meaningful critique like “I don’t like how long you’ve taken to fix this” and include reasons as to why you don’t like it. The second you include a demand with no regard to the knowledge required to perform any of your requests, you’ve lost your credibility.
5: Blizzard is not required to cater to your wants. The customer, unironically, is not always right. Not everything you people ask for is good for the game. Deal with it.

3 Likes

They don’t have time, they need to join the walkouts in hope the devil…erhm sorry I meant Bobby leaves.

1 Like

Gotta love all these armchair experts whose lists of personal and professional accolades include…

nothing.

If it’s so “easy” go out there and do it, and quit whining on internet forums about how you “coulda, woulda, shoulda”.

1 Like

This was the gist of my comment, which was simply a swipe at the confederacy of idiots who make baseless claims and accusations about that which they know literally nothing, as you said.

3 Likes

My bad. I’m at work dealing with these exact kind of people, but in the form of semi truck drivers. Do not mind me. :woozy_face:

2 Likes

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh lol😁

There is a big difference between saying “this car runs badly” and saying “this car can be fixed in a week”.

The observation that a car runs poorly is easy to make. A valid assessment on the requirements to fix it and how long that takes actually requires some knowledge - and when it comes to the game the OP has no idea at all what it would take to fix the database issues and recode the architecture.

If they do though, they should certainly apply. There are currently 604 openings showing. Search results | Find available job openings at Blizzard Entertainment

On a side note, they really need to take down the Article on the Careers dashboard about the summer program with the Girls Who Code organization seeing as that org has severed ties with them for now.

3 Likes

So what bubble do you live in exactly? Blizz/Activision as a company is in complete turmoil right now. Accusations galore, lawsuits and employee walkouts are the new norm. The employees that feel like they have been wronged are likely doing the bare minimum and everyone is walking on egg shells.

2 Likes

generally…you are right

lets talk specifics…amazon evade bug, literally a 5 min fix, at last for us modders, making the evade animation shorter(lower frames), before we could use another bug (wsg) to by pass this bug but now wsg is gone.
this tells us what kind of commitment we are dealing with

see, the problem is, invalidate an opinion just bc it is based on feeling is argumentatively immoral

now, if the walkout is more important, i have nothing to say

and from my pov, opinions saying “should be done faster” and “cant be done faster” without being official or at least from an insider have the same wheight, a feather

2 Likes

If you are not a top notch developer for AAA titles then there is no way that either you or I could say how easy things are or how hard they would truly be. Unless it is just tweaking some numbers things could be way harder than they appear.

1 Like