Why do people blame players

You are trash. You started insulting before anyone and then come in here and have the nerve to call it out? Hypocrite trash. You don’t counter arguments. You don’t make points. You are a troll that wants to act like you are something more. Oh no 3 people disagree with me on a forum including one that doesn’t understand English at an 8th grade level. Must mean I’m wrong to think blizzard misled. /sarcasm.

Indian, There is a big difference between being patient and not getting what you paid for. If you can’t see the difference between being patient and being conned that’s on you, not me. It’s honestly concerning to me that you can’t. If you order from Amazon and it doesn’t show up for 2 months is it ok to be mad or should you just be patient? I was patient for a few months. This isn’t I want it “immediately”. It’s amazing how the group of you morons have to use intentionally dishonest language to make your points because without the hyperbole, exaggeration or lies your points wouldn’t have any merit

Wow here we go with the insults again. /sigh
Grow up plz, mommy will give you ladder soon.
Then you can find something else to whine about :joy:

2 Likes

hey pot, meet kettle. only worse than me is someone who is so blatantly hypocritical its just sad. Do you remember who insulted who first? Hint. It was you

“He started it!!! He insulted me first mommy!!”
:joy:

Lol you are insane. I’m not the one crying about insults. That’s literally you. Complain about insults as you insult and then whatever this pathetic attempt is. 0/10 troll

Correct because everyone was expecting ladder on September 25, 2021. After all the game launched on the 23rd of that month and ladder had to be before the end of the month. All because Blizz figured they would have a perfect launch. Ignore the tweets from the devs of D2R because they don’t know what they are talking about.

Right moronic no one would ever make an outlandish speculation before a game is launched. Oh btw I wonder why there are those that say D4 won’t be out till 2024 or beyond. Even though we have been led to believe that it will be sometime in 2023.

So now since I just made the same outlandish speculation of ladder launching for this game on September 25, 2021 that proves that if I can do it then others no doubt not only can but have done so many times in the past. They are called outlier cases if you didn’t know.

Now for averages that I have found with an investigation of googling ladder for Reddit I found 3 weeks to 3 months as a good average. If I were to read the following threads in full then I might see some that would agree and others that wouldn’t.

This first thread the title asks of ladder has a chance of being in 2021. The OP doesn’t think so but doesn’t give a reason why. I think now that he knows what we know he would feel somewhat vindicated that it isn’t till around April.

https://www.reddit.com/r/diablo2/comments/pntj12/d2r_ladder_any_chance_it_comes_in_2021/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/q8wwqc/when_do_you_speculate_ladder_will_launch/

The above three seem to lean on a three month wait till ladder. They lean that way due to the fact that Blizz is known for its abysmal launches. Unless you can prove they have a lot of stellar launches lately then I can see why they would lean toward three months. This was before the game launched as well.

I don’t PvP so that will mean that I won’t need those charms. What can’t farm for the perfect gems when you need them to craft. Keys for ubers, but what if you already have all of the 20/20 torches for the characters you are playing. What can’t farm essences when needed and only keep the tokens just in case you do use them.

GG Uniques, what use do they have in the builds you are playing. If they don’t have a use then I wouldn’t keep them. The same with GG rares and magic items along with any bases for Runewords. If it doesn’t have a use for any character then I don’t keep it even if it is a GG item. That is unless it is something that is useful for leveling. Then I would only need a few of them. That way I just transfer them over to the new character that I am leveling.

Otherwise Blizz would have no choice but to add around 500 character slots and 196 pages of stash space to make everyone happy. That is except for the hoarders that would want to be able to keep everything they have ever found.

2 Likes

Conned means they did it on purpose and I don’t see it that way. That is unless they could perfectly guess that they would launch D2R in the mess that it was in at launch. Mind showing me proof of that, go ahead I will wait.

Now you see others can have outlandish assumptions and speculations. Since that is the case then there is no doubt someone out there that felt that it wouldn’t be till this time that we are in now.

2 Likes

You keep making super long posts yet can’t show anyone saying what you claim. Just im sure someone somewhere did. And even if .1% did say that (they didn’t) that doesn’t mean it was reasonable to expect the other 99.9 to think it was likely.

The whole issue is why am I being blamed for being upset ladder isn’t out 6 months after launch and not blizzard. This is 100% on blizzard and 0% on players.

Ah yes, you don’t do something therefore I shouldn’t do it either, brilliant!

Of course I farm perfect gems, constantly, and use them, constantly, it still pays to have some on hand?

Ah yes, let me look at my 15 20/20 torches, more brilliancy!

Ah yes, let me not keep the ability to respec on hand for my 15 characters, who needs them?!

Oh boy, more astounding insight, what use do I have for a 2os 15/30 CoA if I’m not currently using it, may as well just drop it!

Ah, the excellent thought process continues, why even pick up anything in game?! If I’m not currently using it, then it must mean nothing! Stay on the ground, Ber rune, I don’t need you right now! Stay on the ground, 15% ED 5os Phase Blade, what use are you if I’m not immediately making a Grief? Pssh, silly Supercuddles, why is he even playing more than 1 character? Lol!

There is absolutely no reason we would have to go from one extreme to another. The proper amount of character slots is between 50 to 100, this is just simple math. It’s not crazy low or crazy high, there’s plenty of room to meet in the reasonable middle.

Yikes. I can’t believe some of y’all…

You are not being blamed for that. You can be upset. You have no control over when Blizzard introduces the ladder. You can only control your own actions and how you treat others.

If I treat others with respect, conversations tend to be civil.

Personally, if I played D2/D2R solely for ladder, I would have waited for D2R ladder to be announced with a specific date before purchasing the game. Both Blizzard and the video game news media communicated pre-release that ladder would only start after D2R stabilized and no one knew exactly how long that would take.

If one wanted to join a country club solely for the golf membership and the golf course was still under construction with no definitive opening date, why pay now to join the club rather than waiting for the golf course to open?

2 Likes

You have been told in this thread the same thing that I would’ve said first if I wanted to but was beaten to the punch the same thing they would’ve told me if I bought this game solely because of ladder.

If you already knew that ladder wasn’t gonna be in at launch. Knowing it would take a while before the ladder would launch. Take into account the fact the Blizz has had so me abysmal launches (D3’s error 37 along with D2R). You should’ve waited till you knew that the ladder would be launching before buying it.

Buying a game these days isn’t like it was decades ago with a physical copy of the game. Where there had to be a physical copy of the game in the store of your choice to be able to buy it. This means you could’ve waited till the ladder would be announced. Then buy D2R play it for a while then when the ladder launches either start playing that ladder season or wait till you come up with the next lull in your work schedule. It is not the end of the world that ladder isn’t available when you want it to be.

You can call it lies, conning, scams, etc… but when you say those things that mean it was done on purpose you have to prove it. Which is something that you cannot do.

Even if you have PvP builds for all characters then you wouldn’t need more than one inventory full of PvP charms. Because all you would need to do for the other characters is just move them to the character you want from the shared stash.

With me if it isn’t gonna get used by a character I will not be keeping it. No reason to farm ubers for torches that I don’t need either because I have some really well rolled that are either near perfect or perfect 20/20 on all of the characters that I am playing.

What you need to respec every day in order to play. I know that I wouldn’t need it.

Thanks for telling me that CoA is a unique. Well I guess they need to revise the Runeword page and put Call to Arms as a unique that when it is GG you keep it. I wonder though why you wouldn’t have it on a character that you intend on playing.

Great point let’s camp on Blizz’s doorstep till they give us infinite stash space because they must do that so we can keep everything that ever drops. After all we need to keep it all right.

Come on if you can keep a lot then the hoarders should be able to be supported. By being allowed to keep everything they have ever found by having a ton of character slots and infinite stash. Blizz must do this because that is the only way the game will be successful.

Agreed, and that is what I would’ve done if I bought this game for ladder only.

Ah yes, that’s truly something that should be encouraged, and it’s not like different PvP builds have different charm needs at all! More brilliancy, I love it! Why do I keep wasting my time on you…

Again, congratulations for only playing a few characters and being satisfied with so little in regards to the game. That’s not me. That’s not countless other D2 players.

Who said I respec every day? More brilliancy…why put more than 1 gallon of gas in your car if you’re only gonna go 15 miles? Just put another gallon of gas in whenever you need it, don’t bother filling the tank, right? Astounding logic, please continue with it so I can continue facepalming.

Thanks for acknowledging me telling you that CoA is a unique? What is the point of that sentence? What is the point of you talking about Call to Arms? Ah yes, I was supposed to just drop a GG CoA because I’m not currently using it, excellent logic, I won’t need or want such an item later at all. Brilliant!

Who said anything about infinite stash space? Not me. But again, great leaps of logic on your part, I’m truly impressed.

No one is advocating for being able to keep everything they have ever found. All we want is a reasonable number of character slots. 20 ain’t it.

But again, I don’t know why I continue to reply to your idiocies, it’s a true waste of my time (I guess that just goes to show how much time I have to waste, lol). Feel free to reply again with more dazzling thought processes and conclusions, but you won’t be hearing from me again. I will pray for you.

Well said. I agree, and I think everyone except op agrees with you as well.

Which is why he made the topic, saying everyone who disagrees with him are out of touch with reality.

This and the other replies are intellectually dishonest. They didn’t say ladder will be delayed and then I bought the game. The order is important. They advertised d2r with ladder as one of the five pictures. I bought the game. Then they said it will be out shortly after. Like 95%+ (likely higher) of players I took that to mean a month maybe two if it’s a disaster. I didn’t mind waiting that long. My work is busy March to June so this wasn’t a concern. So while you want to create situations that aren’t parallel to make your argument, it just isn’t the same or what actually happened. So while you claim you aren’t blaming me. You and others have said it’s my fault for buying the game with no date. That’s blaming

The order is definitely important. Blizzard as well as the video game news media communicated that D2R would not launch with ladder. Therefore, anyone could refund their pre-order no questions asked. You yourself acknowledged that Blizzard did say pre-release that ladder would not be available until after the game/servers stabilized and that you knew this information pre-release.

We are not blaming you for buying the game. It sounds like you made a good faith decision based on the known facts at that time. After you heard that the game would not launch with ladder, you had a choice: do nothing relative to your pre-order or refund. You chose the former.

Have you played D2R yet? If so, how many hours? What level are your characters? What difficulty have you cleared (Normal, Nightmare, Hell)?

I cleared Ubers in mid October as a practice run for ladder and then pretty much stopped playing hence why they won’t refund.

Blizzard’s refund policy is clearly stated.

Blizzard Refund Policy - Legal – Blizzard Entertainment

If you would have refunded your pre-order, the refund would have been granted. Clearing ubers on D2R would take far more than their game time limits for a refund.

I’m more than aware what their policy is. I’ve made it very clear why I didn’t go through the hassle of a refund. I believed blizzard. That’s my mistake. But I dont believe it to be my fault

Refunding a pre-order was ridiculously easy. It was a couple of minutes of effort at most.

I saw no risk. I believed it would be out in a month or two or without a doubt well before March. I’m an actuary. My job is to quantify risk. I saw no risk in keeping the game. Clearly I was wrong