Why do people blame players

The answer

D2 ladder =/= D3 seaons

1 Like

No kidding. Never said it was. You keep trying to do the same thing. Arguing things I’m not claiming. As I’ve said I don’t need to prove to you morons why I like ladder. How on earth is that relevant. I could buy the game for Ubers and not know how to beat normal. Doesn’t change why I bought it

Because you keep refuting Micro talking about our de-facto first ladder (or Ladder 0) from D2R launch until the “first ladder” and one of the first points you said was “no leaderboard”. A better question would be, how is it not relevant? Also hilarious you talk about D3 seasons when asked about D2 ladder? I mean, I get it, I too was dropped on my head as a baby, so I understand your confusions.

1 Like

My point being I have put in the time in other games which is what a ladder race is. If that parallel is confusing for you then I am not surprised you were dropped. It wasn’t a de facto ladder. No one playing at the time felt it was either. Get real

It wasn’t a ladder. No one is claiming it was. Don’t lie to my face and pretend.

Silly me you are right, we must have 500 pages of stash just to hold on to all of the different BiS charms for all levels of dueling. What you cannot decide to stay with level x dueling and duel with the builds that you have chosen. Builds that will not need super special charms to fully optimize them for PvP. I am sure there are those builds that don’t require a lot of special charms for dueling.

Charms don’t say barb only unless you are using skillers and I don’t think that PvP dueling allows skillers because they would be too high of a level for it. That is unless there is a level of dueling that is higher than level 30 dueling.

You are right I need 300 pages of stash worth of torches that will never get used. Even three whole tabs for 10/10 torches.

Let’s sit at Blizz’s door till they give us infinite stash space and 500 character slots right. That should be more than sufficient to keep everything you ever find. After all cars are video games right, btw nice strawman.

How else will you accommodate all play styles. As soon as you have more than enough stash space and character slots to accommodate your play style others that arguably need more will come up asking for more. Then you have the hoarders that will want more as well. The same with character slots.

But those that would want more regardless of the reason would come along and ask for more. So pad it where no one would ever ask for more.

When you buy something solely for one feature alone and nothing else. Then it makes no logical sense that you should buy it if that feature is not in the game at launch and there is no way of knowing for a certainty that it would be there within a two month period. More so since Blizz is known for its abysmal launches.

When people are telling you what they would do that is in harmony with knowing how Blizz handles launches isn’t blaming. It is called using their knowledge to try to help you and others like you make informed purchases.

Even MicroRNA showed you a thread that Boutus posted on September 21, 2021 which was two days before D2R launched. He had one post where he said that he was concerned that ladder may never get added. Even though he got a reply from the devs in a tweet due to how some things that were promised for Warcraft 3 Reforged but never added.

I don’t think that complaint would slow them down much if at all. The development team are not the ones that are likely to be the ones handling the legal challenges of such a complaint. That is unless VV had their hand in the cookie jar as well as far as being abusers and the devs of D2R had their hands full of it. Then yes that would slow them down.

So you have read that thread and seen Boutus’ concerns so now you have to move the goalpost huh. Don’t like finding out that some might be concerned that D2R would never get ladder added.

I think finally he has a good point on when the ladder season one for D2R would begin. Due to what has been said. They didn’t mention how long the PTR for ladder would be. Next they said that there would be two weeks after PTR for ladder and other changes that they would shift through the feedback to make any final changes that would need to be done before launching patch 2.4. Then it would be a week or two after patch 2.4 goes live before the ladder would start. So a start date of March to maybe mid April might be more correct.

There will have to be ladder launches during your busy season at work. So that means you won’t be available for ever ladder season of D2R.

If you are playing the ladder for the race then you will one day want to see your name on the leader boards even if it is low in the rankings.

I bought the game to play the first ladder and only the first knowing my life won’t allow future ones for a lot of reasons. I bought the game before ladder delay was announced. I’ve said this 20 times. I didn’t return because it never even occurred to me I would miss the first ladder. The post mentioned about the guy worried about ladder was before devs suggested the worry wasn’t needed. So I trusted them. We know all of this. None of this is debatable. I don’t know what your guys issues are. I buy game with advertised feature. Feature delayed. I’m like stupid but whatever. Feature is delayed beyond any reasonable level at the time. Why didn’t you return it? Because I believed like everyone else ladder would be out in 2021. $40 is a non issue. $40 going to a company that I personally believe deceived for profit is an issue to me. Whether it was intentionally deceptive none of us know and there is no point in debating. I have a new baby. I planned to let my wife sleep and game all night with baby. It is what it is. Probably better for my health anyway

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :laughing: :cry: :laughing: :cry: :prayer_beads: :pray: :prayer_beads: :pray: :prayer_beads: :pray:

You buy a game just to play only one season of ladder. What after that you are done playing the game. That is a really short amount of playing any game as far as I am concerned. If I am gonna buy a game I will commit more time to it than that. Now I might be different if I were like some content creators or streamers that make a living off of playing video games. Some games I might only play a little because I would have followers and supporters that would want me to play game x to see what it is like and maybe make a few guides on it.

Beyond any level of reasonable amount of time. Look they want a good launch for the ladder which is understandable knowing how bad the game’s launch was.

We both know what would’ve happened if they just flipped the switch for ladder within a few months like you were wanting it. It would’ve been a worse disaster than the launch of the game.

That probably would’ve caused a lot more to leave the game due to a stupid decision to launch the ladder in such a poor state as the servers were back then.

1 Like

Why do you think your reasons for playing A game have anything to do with my reasons? I wanted to give one ladder a solid effort to make a good push and likely take quite the gaming hiatus. That’s easily worth $40 or more to me. The fact you think someone needs to justify their reason to play a game or enjoy is feature (which you have now done multiple times) is honestly pretty gross. Takes an extremely narrow minded person to think that.

You don’t seem to realize the debate is never about what blizzard should have done once their launch was a mess regarding ladder. The question is should I have thought prior to launch there was a strong possibility ladder wouldn’t be out until March or later. The answer to anyone who is being honest is “no, it is not reasonable to expect I would have made that conclusion on sept 22”. I’m beginning to wonder if you and micro went to the same school since you both struggle with basic logic and reading comprehension. We can’t even debate the issues because you can’t recognize what the issue is.

Personally, I thought that the first ladder vwould most likely start 3-6 months after launch. However, there was a 15% possibility that it would be longer given what happened with ladder in W3R.

So a quick TLDR:
You were told it was your fault for buying the game before the ladder was ready, since that’s the only reason for you to play the game.

You obviously get very angry when people disagree with you or you don’t get your way.
So you create a topic trying to get sympathy for the awful situation you’ve been put in.
Saying everyone who won’t give you sympathy have lost touch with reality, so you’re really not interested in a “debate”.
(Which you claim to be)

People once again say it’s your fault for buying something when it doesn’t have the one thing you want to play. You then insult them, calling them illiterate, saying their view in reality is false etc etc.

You’re acting like it’s the end of the world and get pissy because the world doesn’t revolve around you and your specific needs.

gg no re, grow up dude it’s just a game and you’ve already played it all the way to Ubers so you obviously got what you paid for.

1 Like

I call bs. There is no way you thought on sept 22 it would be 6 months before ladder. You are trying to rewrite history and are being completely dishonest

Edit and just because crispy and 2 other trolls feel a way doesn’t mean the whole forum does. I think anyone that thinks it’s a players fault for not knowing ladder would be delayed to April on sept 22 is a liar or an idiot, probably both. I call them illiterate because they lack basic reading comprehension. I find it especially ironic that it’s you and only you complaining about insults when you were casting the first stone buddy. Micro would have a valid argument about insults. You don’t have a leg to stand on

That is not what I said. I thought there was a 15% probability that it would be more than 6 months. I knew the status of W3R ladder.

There is an old saying: Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

I am not saying it is player’s fault that ladder was so delayed. I am saying that if the only reason that one bought the game was to solely play ladder and nothing else, then it would have made sense to wait to the announcement of the specific ladder start date to make one’s purchase. Blizzard and the video games news media widely communicated that ladder in D2R would not exist until the game/servers stabilized.

1 Like

I think you meant 14.999%, repeating of course

Yeah dont sweat that guy. For some, all they want is more more more. It ll never be enough. 20 is plenty