Why are you(Blizzard) NOT acknowledge game join throttling?

In the update it said you can’t do runs short than 20 secs, and create a new game. This while not ideal, is understandable due to server load and if it’s fixed in the future, I don’t see this being completely the wrong move.

However, we are being punished for try to join a game that became full before we can join, or join a game that has not been created, despite we stayed in the last game for 5-10 mins. This is total BS and need to be changed RIGHT NOW.

However blizzard doesn’t even acknowledge this, so this just an other epic fail that keep addes to D2R.

1 Like

Read this post:

You’ll find that game throttling or “rate limiting” is a temporary workaround to the issues the servers have been encountering.

2 Likes

No, they did not, they only said you can’t just create game and farm for really short amount of time like 20 sec and create a new one, which I am fine with. But not if I can’t join another game if the game I happen to try to join became full or not made yet. They did not even mention this at all.

To make it more clear, they said I can’t create game rapidly and stay only for 20 sec or less then go for a new one. But I never do that and still gets throttled.

Have some patience. The issues will be addressed soon enough.

How soon is soon enough? A week already, 3 week since the release, a game’s peak popularity is about 1-2 month.

As little or as long as is required to solve the problems. Keep in mind the game was originally slated to be released by the end of 2021.

Welcome to the official Beta of the Diablo 2 Resurrected Battle.net platform.

Yes, they did. If you read the whole post, you’ll know that they limited how often you can use the service that connects you to games regardless of success. It still uses that resource even if the game you attempted to join is full or doesn’t exist yet.

LOL they acknowledged this in the latest pinned Blue post created yesterday.

Personally, I’d rather have the “throttling” as opposed to NO servers online at all.

2 Likes

No, you go read it again and quote it, no where did it mention game is full or not made yet issue.

They are trying to change the narrative to you are creating too many games in too short amount of time and we have to put a cooldown.

Well, I never do that and still getting the cooldown, so please reread and come back.

Breaking out critical pieces of functionality into smaller services: This work is both partially in progress for things we can tackle in less than a day (some have been completed already this week) and also planned for larger projects, like new microservices (for example, a GameList service that is only responsible for providing the game list to players). Once critical functionality has been broken down, we can look into scaling up our game management services, which will reduce the amount of load.”

The blue post clearly stated that the rate limit is based on using the connect service regardless of your success. I read the whole thing. You clearly did not.

NO! They are trying to change the narrative to you are creating too many games in too short amount of time and we have to put a cooldown, by only mention rapid game creation and not game is full issue.

Well, I never do rapid game creation and still getting the cooldown, so please reread and come back.

I read the whole thing and I’m happy with the work they’re doing to getting us more play time. You clearly just skimmed through the article.

How? Please quote part where I got wrong.

I’m not going to re-read the whole article for you. You’re just going to have to deal.

1 Like

I think it should be enough in limiting the game creation because if you limit the amount of games that can be created then you automatically control the joining part. They obviously have a better insight in infrastructure and design but from a logical standpoint i think i am not too far off.
I am not sure how much load joining a game really does but there must something to it. Blizzard will sure optimize it.

What we are doing about it:
Rate limiting: We are limiting the number of operations to the database around creating and joining games,[…]”

2 Likes

Let me repeat again so it goes though

"

NO! They are trying to change the narrative to you are creating too many games in too short amount of time and we have to put a cooldown, by only mention rapid game creation and not game is full issue.

Well, I never do rapid game creation and still getting the cooldown, so please reread and come bac

They only went into further details on the game creation part as seen here:

"For example, for those of you doing Pindleskin runs, you’ll be in and out of a game and creating a new one within 20 seconds. In this case, you will be rate limited at a point."

It is just one example of the many issues that were / are causing problems.
There are many more problems that players have reported and the blue post didn’t go into every single one of those problems. The post was mainly focused on the outages that we all expirienced over last couple of days and what their plans are to stabilize. Once they have stabilized the situation they can work out on long term fixes and optimizations while scheduled maintenance.

1 Like

If that’s is indeed the main issue, they should simply limit game creation and not punish us for joining a game that happens to be full