Why are there queues? seriously

Don’t worry all these issues will be gone Friday :kissing_heart:

LOL this was a funny joke.

China shares authentication servers, it’s currently 11pm there right now, prime time.

You are inserting your own personal bias into what they said and creating fictional data that there is no proof of.

Another fine example of false facts that has plagued our society recently.

D2R was not released or sold in China. If it was, by law they would be on their own servers run by a Chinese company.

The game would have to be overhauled to meet the legal requirements regarding blood, bones, dead people, etc. Then would have to get approved, then would have to be hosted in China.

Not saying people don’t find ways to buy it and avoid the Govt restrictions, but there is no China region for D2R.

2 Likes

Not many of them are Asia players just look at Asia server public game, It’s so empty. Most of them are chinese bots

30s turns into 3 mins FAST with no warnings or timer, just by trying again 10 times without realizing your timer is even up to try again. Trying to follow any “runs” is laughable with this crap.

This waiting in queue to even log into The game I paid for that advertised having online features available is crap. It shows you never even updated or tried getting new servers when remaking this game. This is a joke blizzard and we shouldnt be punished for blizzards lack of ability to do their jobs.

Um, yes they do. /20char

“You guys have global servers don’t you?”

That’s the new you have phones quote.

They have 8 billion in revenue and 15 billion in assets, they simply can add servers, they just won’t. They’re a money hungry company just waiting for the playerbase to die off so they can spend as little money as possible on this game. They got your money, that’s all that matters. Doesn’t that make you sick? WoW servers handle the load, D3 servers handle the load, but this old game can’t handle the load? Use common sense.

I’d argue that you’re the one that should use common sense.

Throwing out “solutions” to problems you don’t understand the nuances of is not helpful to anyone. When you have server code that does not scale well, you can’t just throw hardware at it.

Because it won’t help.

The problem is not hardware. The issue is they used the old Database structure/architecture/code from 20 years ago. It was scaled to run on separate Regions (US West, USEast, etc), for a 2000 level of gaming audience.

They used it instead to handle the Global progress database for all persons on all platforms - hence Global progress cross platform for D2R. The database keeled over under data strain which is why we had game down for 4-5 hours a day and lost progress.

Queues are better than game down, but they are temporary while they work on the database code.

Why use old database structure, architecture/code from 20 years ago though? It’s like the lobby. They kept things in the game that made no sense in a modern day remaster.

This whole project just should have started from scratch and simply port over the drop rates on a completely new engine/code. The biggest difficulty would have been recreating the mapping system, although they’re aware how many maps each area contains and how many variations with connected zones. Instead they used much of the old cold, as well as a legacy mode (running 2 games causing instability) when they could have made it run smooth as butter without excess crashing from legacy code. Dealing with spaghetti code issues that are persistent for years, or decades in D2’s case was a bad idea.

It’s like putting a sack of meat on top of a skeleton, except the skeleton underneath has osteonecrosis. The foundation they built on is buggy as all hell when combined with modern servers.

Players paid for a working game, however this is one of the most unstable releases I’ve seen in years. I wasn’t a part of Fallout 76 or cyberpunk though so those might have been worse.

Cyberpunk was god-awful. I did get a refund on that one because it was literally unplayable for me at several points in time due to crashes/game-breaking bugs and at more than one point my progress was completely wiped.

D2R is pristine compared to that.

Yeah the videos I saw on yt did make cyberpunk look like it was still in Alpha I have to admit. I wasn’t a part of that launch though so I only had second hand knowledge.

Yeah it was rough.

With concerns to the game itself, D2R has been a fantastic experience for me. Once stability gets here I could easily see this game hanging around for at least another 10 years.

Pretty sure they didn’t read the post and wouldn’t get it if they did.

The farmers caused a good portion of this problem.

Blizzard not only announced they were going to add queue times in a few announcements, but also explained that farming was causing a good portion of the problem.

Yet everyone is clueless and acts like Blizzard never said any such thing, and farming is part of them game (Which is a player made statement, not Blizzard’s).

Bottom line is, everyone was told, they were told why, and so far anyone is doing is blaming everyone but themselves.

Blizzard isn’t going to argue with people who want to argue the game is for farming, it’s not, so between blizzards announcement for queue’s and why, and them actually doing something to majorly slow you farmers down, that obviously proves they don’t want their game farmed like that, it’s supposed be being played, not farmed.

People will argue it is which is why Blizzard doesn’t reply to those types of players because nothing gets through to them.

Well blizzard says play the game, so play it.

this is just like the pathfinder achievement in WoW, Players skipped the content which is supposed to be played, players argued to no end with nonsense and circular logic (just like the farmers do with this game) So Blizzard put a stop by putting in a road block and FORCING people to play.

This queue is the same thing, blizzard tells you how their games are, you don’t get to tell Blizzard their game is for something it’s not…Then try and argue why.

To me I’m glad this happened because it puts the trolls who think they know everything in their place

sorry but adding more severs wont fix this issue. cuz the severs are not the issue they are fine. the issue is D2R is using the same exact netcode that the orginal game did 20 yrs ago. this netcode cant handle the load of players creating/joining games.

in this case its the old coding of D2 being used in D2R thats actually causing the issue. you can have perfectly fine severs but bad netcoding or even old netcoding in this case can make it seem as if its the severs having issues when in fact its the old code of the games netcode thats the real problom