Whirlwind Changes in 2.4.3

The hidden change was noted by Pez and the patch notes were updated, just an FYI.

Thanks for the research you and Chthon do regarding IAS changes/updates, excited to see what the new WW has in store.

Does this change anything with my IK set Barb? Better or worse? He had the Maul socketed to meet the IAS requirement previously.

1 Like

this game become total garbage wow blizzard really kill ww barb

all 2 handed barb are total garbage time to play off line

wow i never expect the dev to be so far out

2 handed are so terrible slow now

how is possible to make these garbage change really a cluess diablo 2 team that dont know crap about this game how this is possible

before all you have too do is put 2 Shael rune and you cap the ww break point for 4 farme with 80 ias , now you are nerf about about 30 % too 40% not sure about the cap is around 6 with all ias mean maybe your build is around 8 now

the team working on the game just have any clue what they doing

that why you have any official patch note with all detail

4 Likes

Didn’t you get the memo? Every melee build should only be rocking either a PB or Zerker Axe Grief… :rofl:

1 Like

I think he forgot Ik was a stepping stone( trap) to actual gear.

1 Like

i think the game really die for me on blizzard server
Two-handed will be unplayable for ww barb

i dont understand that much incompétence too balance the game this really reach aother level of mediocrity something i never see before

2 Likes

The mediocre set just got nerfed :rofl:

2 Likes

juge your self

old 60 ias 4 frame break point in 2.43 or

200 ias tell me the faster one

if you feel the 200% this mean you have no option to change your gear because you will lost ias

A lot of testing has already happened, 4 frames seems to be the maximum as it’s coded in the game. You do not require that much ias to reach this breakpoint.

The first video you are in hell, the second video you are not. What is your attack rating? Seems like you are making bs claims. If I am wrong someone let me know?

1 Like

It’s definitely better, pVM anyhow , used to take 3-4 Ww with grief / AW now only take 1-2 and all are dead

The part that’s been worrying me and I don’t see too many people talking about is the fact that WW’s attack speed no longer ignores frozen/slow/decrepify. That could be huge for PvM and PvP.

4 Likes

Already, garbage developers have become garbage games due to the gradual effect of deleting each frame of FHR and FBF. It’s not new…

2 Likes

You put the assassin on the coffin and now he’s a savage? Stupid developers. You developers please don’t make RPG games again. a garbage gameIt’s dirty.

2 Likes

Blizzard put the assassin on the coffin and now he’s a savage? Stupid developers. You developers please don’t make RPG games again. a garbage gameIt’s dirty.

Roll back for all, ver 2.3!!!

2 Likes

Marginal fix to dual wield at the expense of sword/shield and 2h builds.

Not to mention that any decrepify/cold damage/ holy freeze you encounter will leave you with lower DPS than prepatch evens with your dual wielding build. Slow effects completely decimate the already slower 2h builds like IK…

2 Likes

all my game are in hell using the same name and just adding number , the map is remove that why you dont see the game and level of the map , anyway i just make a other deep video and will see hell , ww is bad now need a lot of ias for slow weapon and less hit maybe for 2 hand

Go into settings to enable map as default in new games.

• Added an Automap Auto Open setting to allow players to set their preferred Automap position.

It’s set to off by default, of course.

1 Like

i know , i just remove the background map to have a image more clean the time i`m playing , now i just upload a video showing everything , slow weapon need a lot of ias , also i feel you can not hit 4 time compare 1 hand , video are great to replay and compare everything add ias speed ect, my character have 0 ias to 200 and you are able to see the differance

1 Like

I made tests during my break by counting hitchecks with highlord’s lightning on shenk’s mob. There are several interesting combos I put together in single player for testing. Sadly, my timer wasn’t captured so you can’t see the clear times:

Skilling: lvl99 barb
20points into sword, axe and polearm mastery
20points into ww

First impression:

1. It seems like IAS table for normal attack is being used for WW fpa breakpoints. Where usually 10fpa attack is located in normal attack table you get your 4fpa attack with WW. For weapons like War Pike and Thundermaul for example, it’s impossible to reach 10fpa normal attack. Two handers with 0 speed were nerved hard (194ias needed) for GPA and Ghost Spear.
  2. Good news is I noticed odd BPs for WW. At where 11fpa normal attack is located you get 5fpa WW. Yes, an odd number 5fpa attack but still much better than a 6fpa attack with a heavy hitter. Edeath Champion axe is a really good 2handed WW weapon now if you can reach 11fpa normal attack speed for 5fpa WW.
  3. Dual Wield was buffed hard which means 2x edeath ettin axes hit really hard and can reach last WW bp.
  4. Primary hand does seem to accelerate offhand but I am not sure because I didn’t have time for extensive testing. I’d like you guys to try out grief pb + edeath colossus sword combo with 55ias in total (grief ias + offhand ias) and tell me whether you get the appropriate hitchecks with 0 ias on edeath CS.
  5. Holy freeze and being frozen affects WW hitchecks by a lot! A holy freeze council member is life threatening in hc now.

All of this just some raw testing, nothing is sure so I wouldn’t say my finding are set in stone.
The other interesting point.
a balrogblade has got different normal attack frames compared to gpa which are both base 0 speed weapons. In the case of an oath blarogblade, you can reach 4fpa with just 138 total ias. To do the same for a GPA, you’d need 194ias. That’s ridiculios. IK set is hot potato garbage tier then.
I used this calculator to determine ias needed for different breakpoints:
https://planetdiablo.eu/diablo2/calcs/speedcalc/speedcalc_english.php

GPA needs exactly 194ias to hit 4fpa now.
|52|7fpa
|78|6fpa
|117|5fpa
|194|4fpa

4 Likes

and before the patch only 60% is a massive nerf , also im still not sure is 4 frame . this is really a dump change because to have 200 ias from the gear this let you 0 option of choice of gear . this what im saying so many time before
and +10 and +20 weapon are unplayable now , i test everything from white weapon to 0 to 200 ias :frowning: so sad of the end result , the dev repeat history with the Shape Shifting druid :frowning: on the ptr

1 Like