Where the Uniques at? Here is your Fix All

Uniques are so vastly under tuned right now, maybe 1/100 are worthwhile in a build. SOJ, BK Ring, Arachnid Mesh, Maras. The rest are middling items that are just trash as soon as you get high runes.

Here is my proposed solution:

Make the item-upgrades with Uniques universally scale with their upgrades beyond just their base damage. So if its an X to Fire damage as a normal weapon, make it XX to Fire damage as exceptional item, then XXX to Fire as a unique item. This would give whole new life to hundreds of items, Then let the PTR help you individually tune them after if things are too OP/Still not useable. For example Que Hagans wisdom would be +2 Skills, 40% FCR, 40% FHR etc. Viper magi +2 skills, 60% FCR, 40-70+ all res. They still wouldn’t replace enigma! Just a lot more usable items for endgame & a little less of a power gap between HR laden runewords.

The game is also missing tons of uniques. The amount of Elite items that don’t have uniques is wild. Like Scarab husk, Loricated mail, Diamond Mail, Great Hauberk, Archon Plate, Hellforge Plate, Lacquered Plate. Thats just the armor. Plenty of room to grow.

1 Like

This just sounds like a way to supercharge Sorceress. And I mainly play Sorceress.

Uniques do need some love, but the two examples here seem misguided.

1 Like

Yes, I like hoping sooooo badly that they start to work on uniques. But I guess this migth be impossible to balance.

There have been plenty suggestions within this forum. Seachr for CharelsJT´s tread “calling-to-improve-itemization/145426”!

And hit the like button (if your like the ideas)!

1 Like

Here you go…

2 Likes

This is it! Blizz plz listen! Season 4 is calling…and we would like to support with ptr testing!

1 Like

I truly despise Sorc, I played it for season start for over a decade and now refuse to touch the class. Its already supercharged with its innate ability to teleport. But if a side effect is they use an upgraded armor from Nightmare, so be it. I just would rather see a massive sweeping unique change, instead of piddling runewords tweaks.

1 Like