When to transition to Blizzard?

Hello,
I started playing a sorceress a few days ago for the very first time and so far I’m having a blast (ha! get it?). Anyway, I’ve been leveling with Fireball and a Leaf staff. I just hit 24 and I got a few questions:

1. I was comparing the mana cost of my current fireball level vs blizzard and I realised that at my current mana pool blizzard spam would require me to chug potions more often than I already do. So, should I respect into blizzard now and just suck it up until I get more mana regen (Insight, etc.) or wait?

2. If I do respect into blizzard, should I keep my Leaf staff? I know I should get Spirit at some point, but is there something I should/could use in between?

3. Should I invest some points into another tree for when I eventually hit hell or is cold mastery going to be enough?

I hope someone can give me some insight. Thanks in advance.

I have used blizzard / chain hybrid for a while, I’ve found that 20 blizz and 20 ice bolt with 1 point cold mastery is plenty after hell gear , you can 1 point frozen orb also since ice bolt is synergy, its not a ton of damage but it works well enough. You can combine fireball, chain/lightning, etc with this and be fine for dealing with resistant monsters. There will always be those rare/elites that are immune to 2 elements though, and unfortunately in that case you’ll have to use merc or infinity/reapers toll to deal with that.

I usually respec at 24 just for blizz as you can easily complete normal with at and by the time you do a few normal baal runs you’ll have it leveled up enough to start putting points into a second element and start into nightmare. The 1 point orb will then pwn everything in normal for easy mf.

Keep the leaf staff in stash and give to another sorc later it’s great for leveling, or use it on swap when you come across something you need to use fireball on :slight_smile: Get that spirit sword asap and chug pots till you get an insight !

A tip if you’ve never used blizzard before, it’s tough to target monsters sometimes so I cast it so they have to move through it. Positioning your blizzard between you and monsters and using teleport to keep it that way.

1 Like

Thanks for your response. It was really useful :slight_smile:

i used blizzard for a wile and it work up till i got bored with it and it was slow for farming. After I got some decent grear i went the other way away from blizzard and went orb/fireball/meteor.