What's with the hate?

i assure you I am not a troll, i devoted many hours to playing d1 when it first came out and a lot more than that when d2 and LOD came out, yea i hated some of this stuff back then but it was still the best game back then, but now it is unplayable and i deleted it. they did not fix the problems that needed fixing. it would be nice if they would put out patches that would allow some people to enjoy it and let the others that want the old one to keep that , but as it is it was a total waste of money.

2 Likes

it was not meant to be funny, its just my frustration about the d2 res game that i bought thinking it was updated it brought back some good memories but its really frustrating to play it solo. i can assure you i am no troll just sad that one of my all time fav games came back but did not fix the old issues

2 Likes

the complaints i had about this game have been well documented many people have complained about d2 res

2 Likes

Yep, some of your complaints match with others complaints.

Yep, may people have complained about D2:R.

There are also people that just like to complain about everything.
Then there are people who like to complain about people complaining.
There are even people who complain about people complaining about those complaining about the game.
…And so on.

Complain complain complain.

If you hate the game so much, the solution is simple: stop playing the game.

The game works perfect fine on my pc.

It isn’t the game.

its probably the 2009 OS that stopped getting support in january 2020.

just a wild guess :slight_smile:

I agree.
The lack of inventory space results in way too much back and forth.
Feels like this game doesn’t like to focus on fun as much as on drawing out the content by making players go through tedious tasks frequently.
Tasks such as going to get items that break too easily repaired and walking as slow as molasses in January because of stamina that drains quickly.

I grew up playing games inspired by this series, and they were much better about not doing that.
While they still made you go back to places to sell items because otherwise your inventory would become cluttered or heavy, it was usually from time to time, not constantly.
They also didn’t have things like stamina if I recall, or if they did, it wasn’t used in such an impeding way.

With a remaster, issues like that seem like they’d be addressed, or at least get options added to the game, but that wasn’t done for this game.

Having said all of that, I wouldn’t say I hate the game.
The remaster makes playing it a lot easier with the enhanced graphics and controller support, and it does feel better in several ways than the third game.
It’s just very disappointing that it’s also lacking in many ways compared to the sequel.

1 Like

, some player are allow to have some decent expectations and have decent standard of gameplay ,sadly a lot of player lost faith d2re and just leave , most of the remaining player on this forum are player with very low expectations that are happy with a tiny bread ,they will be in deny with you but on the other hand , they are agree, just to fan boy too admit the issue here a prove of hypocrisy ,

the same player denying your opinion

let be agree, he are very far of the glory day of diablo 2 , :v:

1 Like

i loved it when it came out but had some issues back then, but just played through them as there was no d3 yet, i really wanted to play this game and give it a chance but under the current way its set up its unplayable SO I Deleted it and dont plan to ever play it as d3 is much better and four is on the way

complaints are what fuels changes

1 Like

its almost impossible to pick up anything with the space completely overwhelmed with charms and potions. that dont stack. d3 fixed that issue but d2 res kept it that is why i deleted the game , and that was painful to admit i wasted money to buy the friggin game and delete it after only a few hours or playing time

1 Like

why would you necro an almost 1.5 year old thread about nothing what the OP is talking about? So dumb.

…do you really have to ask?
Soap
Boxes
of
Misguided
Angst

Constructive feedback is what fuels change.
Overly emotional ‘complaints’ delivered by angry gamers… fuels nothing.

We could do with a little more of the former and a lot less of the latter.

1 Like

From what I’ve seen elsewhere, nothing reliably fuels good change.
Sometimes backlash does, but most of the time, nothing does.
Constructive feedback just reflects positively on those with complaints.

Well yeah but what’s the alternative? Being a Karen because of anonymity from behind a monitor? :grin:

Red shirt guy got his point across brilliantly at blizzcon.

Can you imagine forum-goers in the same situation? There’s no chance they’d have the balls to complain as badly as they do here. :sweat_smile:

Perhaps, but he was in a position where he could say something that would make a change.
Being on a forum, I don’t think developers are as likely to consider what people are saying, whether constructive or not.

Of course, I would say constructive criticism is better regardless, but even so, I think complaining in general brings more attention to the issues that people are upset about.

I am trying to give constructive feed back. no one is listening and thats another reason not to play… many of the complaints i have made have been made thousands of times , but most people or gamers realize that its a waste of time to complain and move on. d2 is more of a chore than a pleasurable experience. D3 made the game more fun and improved on some of the things that was wrong in D2. That is why I am complaining, they had a chance to improve on d2 in small ways without changing the whole game instead of just fixing the graphics. constant trips back and forth to town because there is no room to pick up things because potions and charms take up over half the space, having to run back and forth to revive the follower really gets old in a hurray. Believe me I had thousands of hours with the orginal d2 when it was released. But why suffer with this same old crap when D3 fixed the issues. what i am saying is more people might play this game if they had to option to fix some of these issues . if playing solo it is easy to level up early in the game then it becomes almost impossible. its always easier to level up in d3 esp using paragon levels. and oh another of the biggest complaints DYING, D3 gives the options to revive on site at body and run away or revive at a check point or in town. unlike crazy D2 that forces us to either abandoned the game and all the progress made to get a dead body in town. or run back to the body while naked and try to get to the dead body naked before getting whacked by the same monsters that killed us while fully armed? that is insane

So you got your money’s worth from D2 and you had fun with D3 so you got your money’s worth from that too?

D2R is a re-skin of D2 and (in my personal opinion) nothing more, of course it has the “same old crap” as the original. Why are you playing it if you preferred D3 where those things were fixed and the mechanics were changed?

Again just my personal opinion but D2R was never meant to be anything more than a re-skin of an old game that we all loved… and a means to gather the playerbase back together ready for the launch of Diablo4.

TBH it sounds like you’re disappointed because you have expectations for D2R that it was never intended to meet. D2R is not a successor to D3 and it’s not going to be the answer to your problems. D4 is the successor to D3… fingers crossed. :crossed_fingers:

But they’ve said in interviews that it wasn’t written in a way that permitted such heavy modifications. Maybe it’d have to be re-written from the ground up to do what you want it to do?

I dunno… I kinda like all those things you hate, it gives consequence to your actions. Why back off from a fight if you know you can just click your body and keep going if it doesn’t work out? It makes you pick your battles.

The bottom line is, I was really excited when d2 res came out. i have 10 d3 characters and maxed out sorta so I wanted to play and give d2 res a chance while i waited for d4. but i am traveling to the PI for a few months and wont be here when it does come out and not here for the season28. so this was a big let down