What is taking so long?

They should do these community streams more often. It definitely creates a positive atmosphere and keeps people interested in the game. That’s key for success these days.

Idk how much ladder is even going to matter when most players have all their character slots already filled up. Just delete your level 90 sorc in non ladder to…level another sorc? Delete your level 90 Uber smiter to…do it all again? Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy making characters over and over again, but I also enjoy, you know, keeping them. Imagine going to a job, making 200 dollars, but at the end of the day that 200 dollars disappears (and not because you spent the money, but just because it gets deleted for no good reason). How long would you keep going to your job, how long would you “keep playing”? Exactly. However, if you were able to keep that time investment you put in, suddenly you’d have no problem continuing to play/work. I know some people don’t care about their characters or time investment or anything, they’re more than happy to delete everything and start fresh no problem. That’s fine. But I wager that’s not the majority of players. I’d love to play ladder. I’d love to start fresh. I’d also love to keep the characters and play the characters and enjoy the characters I’ve put hundreds of hours into at this point. Unfortunately, Blizz forces me/us to choose which is more important. And for me, and probably for most…that means not being able to play ladder. Or, you know, give them another 40 dollars for 20 more character slots. I guess maybe that’s their intended “solution” to this, seems great for the shareholders or something…but for the players? For the playerbase? For the future of the game, and franchise? It’s not good at all. It’s pretty sad, honestly.

3 Likes

Here’s my internet sleuthing scoop of what is going on:

There haven’t been any updates to D2:R since March 15th according to Blizztrack.com with the highest version reported for vendor3 as 1.2.68740. So at this point, we’re likely waiting on Microsoft XBOX, Sony PlayStation and Nintendo Switch to approve and certify the patch.

With the bump of 1.1.xxxxx to 1.2.xxxxx, that to me means they have finalized the patch.

Blame the consoles! :stuck_out_tongue:

Lets gooooo!!!

More info: Nintendo is probably the one holding up the process. From what I’ve found it looks like their certification/approval timeframe is two weeks. :unamused: Microsoft and Sony are a lot quicker on their certification process.

So maybe we’ll know something on or shortly after March 29th!

2 Likes

It is like waiting for Diablo Immortal so probably sit tight and wait another couple months

They are waiting to launch 2.4 ladder and d3 season 27 at the same time to split the community even further.

Sarah. are you a gamer girl or a girl gamer?

They’re still working on the database issues introduced during the maintenance.

Well, I’m sure there are some in the D3 community who have long waited for something else to do, many of whom are long time D2 fans. It’s not like they can’t blitz through D3 anyway with its lightning progression speeds and monsoon raindowns of legendary and set items, not to mention the easily obtainable Ramaladni’s gifts and the challenge rift cache right from the get-go which makes obtaining a level 70 weapon relatively easy at level 50, maybe even as early as level 40 if you’re lucky.

Then there’s Diablo Immortal coming, so a three-way split! :iphone: :scream:

If it keeps getting put off/back then I guess have to go play little Lost A or P-E. At least they’ve had some up-dates. Worn out on D3 as much as I like it and this part of D2R beginning to drag, maybe D4 put out a big Beta. That would help an OLD retired a–ho-- like me pass time between honey do’s. Work more now at 74 than did at 50 when I got D1. Maybe I’ll go back to dark and grainy.
L8R players.

Was just considering starting to work through some of my single player games that have languished since I picked this one up last year. Online games don’t really do it for me anyway, and I got scammed more often than I had fair trades in public games since D2R’s launch.

Looks like I might finally start s_t 5 for that matter. It keeps looking at me from the tv stand, waiting for me to unwrap it…

1 Like

Look, the beta will be over soon.

2 Likes

With the way Blizz has handled all things D2R, I’m not so sure. :joy:

1 Like

No worries, with D2R as it is right now, I can’t even recognize the D2 original core.

The most likely reason Season One has not any clue is too many problems with getting all of this to work properly.

I would say wait patiently with crossed fingers for the First Season of D2R and we’ll see what we get.

The fun is the huge burst of player base that comes with a ladder reset, lots of trading, rushing, games to choose from ect.

1 Like

Agreed, I wish I could join!

Haha I remember quin69 did an interview with the lead D4 developer a couple years ago. The guy didn’t even know what he meant when he asked about crafting. Pathetic to not have even a glimpse of knowledge about your biggest competitors product. D4 will be awful, but still a million people will buy it. Even though it will most likely die off after 1 week.

6 months passed and we still talk about the FIRST Ladder. GG

Haha remember electron conf? Double blind merit based picks were ‘not diverse enough’ so they postponed it until they could get a ‘diverse slate of speakers’ but they really just replaced all the white men with non white women?

Thats all this joke of a company is about now. So is everything.

2 Likes

I see this all the time but lets look in to the definition of the words:

Resurrected = revive or revitalize (something that is inactive, disused, or forgotten)

Revitalize = imbue (something) with new life and vitality.

‘NEW LIFE’ being the key words there… So why can’t they implement new content to the game?

It’s not called Diablo 2 Remastered lol.